5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndySmith1990

People in here acting like Martial wasn't absolutely garbage in the second half.

Bringing him on changed nothing. Obviously he's not good enough, but I mean, tonight it really didn't have a baring on much. Yet this will probably be one of the most active player threads.

He was on for like 8 minutes.
Martial has been here for years. We all know what a useless lump he is by now. Nothing left to say about Martial. Can't wait until we're rid of him

Lentwood

We're the only fanbase who would tolerate this. He jogs down the touchline at OT and gets applauded by the crowd, he'd get savaged if he was at Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Enough is enough now. I am starting to seriously question ETHs judgement, solely based on his obsession with one of the worst CFs I have ever seen

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Martial has been here for years. We all know what a useless lump he is by now. Nothing left to say about Martial. Can't wait until we're rid of him
Martial will score a nice goal at some point between now and the end of the season, and all will be forgotten. And then he'll get injured again. The classic Anthony Martial cycle.

ti vu

While he's out of depth, but it's not his fault for the end result. He's clearly deployed with tactical task: pressing, defending set piece. However, I don't agree with ETH tactic change here. Brighton is good enough, and fresh enough to bypass our pressing and exploit the openness behind our pressing waves. We're too open at the back, and the host of them have been playing full minutes since that FA Cup semi. We looked so vulnerable.

So it's too risky a move to give Weghorst minute here where we don't have a goal threat to counter balance. It's all about defending set piece and pressing in vain at that point. Could have done with Maguire and not do the pressing part by leaving Martial on to at least hold on to the ball any few seconds as much as possible.

United Hobbit

I'm also starting to actively dislike him, my heart sinks when he comes on. I disliked Fellaini, probably because he was almost the poster boy of Gollums reign, but at least he could head the fecking ball, often into the fecking net, you know like a striker is supposed to

It's almost got to the point where it's like ETH is using him to show how he was fecked over in the transfer window, and showing this is what he's stuck working with. But why not sign someone else? I don't hold much hope for youth players if none of them are better than a striker that's equivalent to going down to 10 men

ETH obsession with him is making me seriously question him even though I think he's the right manager for us. I thought Pellistri has done quite well in his little cameos yet he doesn't see the pitch while a hapless Burnley reject comes on - we don't fecking owe him any minutes and he's not good enough. It's hindering us so badly. Tony was bad, but WW is about a billion times worse. I know it's not his fault he's not good enough, which is why ETH picking him needs serious questions to be asked of him

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A striker that makes people think McTom maybe worth as striker.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I'm not sure what we're meant to do with him when we're trying to score. He can't win a header, he can't run on to anything, can't keep hold of the ball, hasn't an eye for a pass..nothing. All I can see that he offers is pressing which is nowhere near acceptable enough for MUFC

ElDiabloRojo

He shouldn't be making the bench at this stage.

Poor guy is brutal at football.

Forgive me but I think I would prefer Maguire coming on and playing up front, he might win a header at least.

Malone_Post

Competition winner.

Everytime Erik brings him on a little bit more of my faith disappears.

It’s a nightmare that needs to end.

Djemba-Djemba

A striker that makes people think McTom maybe worth as striker.
He's been injured for most of 2023 anyway but I maintain if he'd been fit and we'd given Mctominay the minutes up front that Weghorst has had , Mctominay would have scored more goals.

FerociousCorgis

Imagine we don't make top 4 because we didn't want to spend a little money to bring in an actual CF over January window

Valencia Shin Crosses

We're the only fanbase who would tolerate this. He jogs down the touchline at OT and gets applauded by the crowd, he'd get savaged if he was at Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Enough is enough now. I am starting to seriously question ETHs judgement, solely based on his obsession with one of the worst CFs I have ever seen
I’ve said it for months, it’s pathetic how we’ll liked he is here just because of some fake passion shite that our fans lap up while he actively hinders the team.

Our fan base wonders why we’ve slowly fell off in relevance in terms of the top teams but the tolerance for players like Weghorst just because they try hard instead of actually producing anything of quality is a great microcosm of the greater issue.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's been injured for most of 2023 anyway but I maintain if he'd been fit and we'd given Mctominay the minutes up front that Weghorst has had , Mctominay would have scored more goals.
I thought that idea was so absurd, until in the last couple of months. I have no doubt that McTom or Sabitzer would score more in his position. And probably brings more to the overall play also.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I’ve said it for months, it’s pathetic how we’ll liked he is here just because of some fake passion shite that our fans lap up while he actively hinders the team.

Our fan base wonders why we’ve slowly fell off in relevance in terms of the top teams but the tolerance for players like Weghorst just because they try hard instead of actually producing anything of quality is a great microcosm of the greater issue.
Agreed. Say what you will about Real and Barca fans, but they are unapologetic about their high standards for their players.

NK86

Cannot wait for the season to end so that I don't have to see this useless lump donning our club's shirt on the pitch.

CM

Any confidence I had of us winning the game sapped from my body when I saw him enter the pitch. That's what he represents.

I don't understand the people who say they love this player. Knee sliding with the away fans when your team wins doesn't substitute for a complete lack of threat or quality.

ddg01

One of my biggest worries about EtH is his persistence to play this awful, awful player.

Redderp

Me and Weghorst have scored the same amount of goals for Manchester United in the Premier League…

Hester_manc

He makes Bebe look like a world class player. It is embarrassing that ETH continues to use Weghorst. He can't score goals. It's that simple. There are defenders with better scoring averages throughout the last couple of seasons. Yes, he scored many goals for Wolfsburg. But that is long ago now. Even Burnley cant use him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I don't deslike him but I certainly don't rate him.

I still can't fathom that, with all of United's contacts , they couldn't bring in a better forward than this guy though.

el3mel

I said it but some here just don't want to listen. If the only thing you have to praise your striker, or legit any player anyway, is that "he's trying hard", it means this player is shit but you don't want to admit it.

ti vu

I don't deslike him but I certainly don't rate him.

I still can't fathom that, with all of United's contacts , they couldn't bring in a better forward than this guy though.
I believe the higher up is incompetent. Pretty sure they just let ETH decide targets, and of course with his experience he's going with very small scope of his familiar faces.

That's not a healthy recruitment process. Managers can get to choose some specific high profile big fee unique well known players staking his reputation on it. However, it's the job of the recruitment team to get alternative based on the profile provided by the manager for squad player, stop gap, development player. Because these players belong to the more common profile which include many players that the managers may not be aware of.

In Rainbows

26 games, 2 goals.
There's probably a worse stat out there for how inept he is at scoring. It's probably only 5 matches where he's even put 1 decent effort towards goal. Most of the problem is that he can't even hit the ball hard.

TheLittleOne

Agreed. Say what you will about Real and Barca fans, but they are unapologetic about their high standards for their players.

Some of his link up play is alright and he clearly gives his all and thats the first thing I ask from a player but no one actually rates him as good enough to play for us I think you are mistaken on that. first touch is very bad, very slow and awkward running and his finishing is one of the worst I have ever seen on this level. He clearly is trying but yeah, no more Wout after summer please

Valencia Shin Crosses

Some of his link up play is alright and he clearly gives his all and thats the first thing I ask from a player but no one actually rates him as good enough to play for us I think you are mistaken on that. first touch is very bad, very slow and awkward running and his finishing is one of the worst I have ever seen on this level. He clearly is trying but yeah, no more Wout after summer please
Listen to what you're saying: "He's clearly trying" I mean jesus fecking christ that's what I'd say about a youth kid that's never played the sport before having a kick about with his friends, not a striker at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Stop normalizing "trying" as something to be proud of.

Andersons Dietician

When he first came with all the effort he was putting in it it seemed like he’d be a not bad addition. That workrate and effort defending and pressing sort of counteracting his lack of a goal threat. We could make it work but now that effort has dried up. He no longer presses as hard and just isn’t a threat at all.

Josh 76

Listen to what you're saying: "He's clearly trying" I mean jesus fecking christ that's what I'd say about a youth kid that's never played the sport before having a kick about with his friends, not a striker at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Stop normalizing "trying" as something to be proud of.
I’ve never heard a player getting so much praise in terms of “trying hard” “great lad” “honest bloke”

It’s fecking weird. The guy is pathetic at football. End of!

Status
Not open for further replies.