Wout Weghorst - Manchester United Player (on loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Are we sure this is a good idea? What if this leads to Martial sulking and losing his form? Is it really worth hurting his feelings?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think it’s a shrewd signing. Martial doesn’t have the bollocks on him, and Wout is gonna be a bit of a bastard. Just a shame we didn’t get him a week ago.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Are we sure this is a good idea? What if this leads to Martial sulking and losing his form? Is it really worth hurting his feelings?
It's tough to say. We should probably take some pressure off Martial by giving Weghorst the number 9, though.

Bertie Wooster

Very pleased to see the signing confirmed.

It's a short term fix - but with limited January funds, a tricky January market, and the club up for sale, that's all it was ever going to be.

And this seems the best we could have done. I wasn't sure where we'd find a decent lead the line #9 on a loan / free. I'll definitely settle with an international for one of the top nations, with a decent scoring record and, seemingly, a good attitude and work rate.

I was expecting a poorer #9 than that, or, more likely, a talented player but a 'false' #9 like Felix, Depay, etc, who wouldn't have suited our needs as much. Of all the players linked, Weghorst seems the best short term fix in terms of the #9 type that we lacked.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can see him starting against palace and then martial against arsenal.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pub guy's right wing man : "We were also attracted by his strong personality and dedicated approach to football, which fits perfectly with the spirit that Erik is building within our squad. He has shown a huge desire to join Manchester United and be part of what we’re striving to achieve this season."

Seems to be the theme this season. Long may it continue.

Todd

Glad the club addressed such an obvious need. Hopefully he's a productive stopgap until we sign Lautaro or Harold Kane in the summer.

pogbasformerbarber

All he has to do is collect long balls andand pass them out wide to a streaking Antony or Rashy and he'll be well worth it...his goals will be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.