Wout Weghorst - Manchester United Player (on loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul778

i know it's grasping at straws but the sentence ETH said about WW was a very long sentence and the whole sentence was prefixed with "i think". Is there any other evidence to say he's not registered other than the presser?

Could it be misdirection?

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
When the rumour about Weghorst joining United first popped up, a lot of people who followed his career trajectory or watched him play in the Eredvisie found it surreal or absurd.

When you think about it though, the real absurd thing is that Manchester United have spent well over half a billion on transfers, yet up until now we didn't have one tall, physical imposing forward to create some havoc in the last minutes of the game. Truly bizarre.

Good luck Wout Weghorst, I remember when you scored your first goal for the Dutch NT you actually cried which was something I'd never seen in my lifetime, and you're a bit weird and emotional sometimes. But if you'll score a crucial goal in an important match for us, I might buy a jersey with your name on it.

galwayfa

As his number been announced, if not, if hes 6ft 5, hope its 65 or whatever it is, so when defenders look at his back and about to challenge him, the last thing they see is what size he is, they knocked Martinez in the wrong lets play on it if thats a thing

Herman Toothrot

When the rumour about Weghorst joining United first popped up, a lot of people who followed his career trajectory or watched him play in the Eredvisie found it surreal or absurd.

When you think about it though, the real absurd thing is that Manchester United have spent well over half a billion on transfers, yet up until now we didn't have one tall, physical imposing forward to create some havoc in the last minutes of the game. Truly bizarre.

Good luck Wout Weghorst, I remember when you scored your first goal for the Dutch NT you actually cried which was something I'd never seen in my lifetime, and you're a bit weird and emotional sometimes. But if you'll score a crucial goal in an important match for us, I might buy a jersey with your name on it.
Zlatan and Lukaku were big men and nobody will ever bring more havoc to Old Trafford than Marouane Fellaini.

Fitchett

Welcome Wout. We've needed a big physical centre forward for a few seasons now. I remember OGS saying that he wanted a striker to be brave and take knocks in wanting to score goals. Obviously aimed at Martial and Rashford.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
https://youtube.com/shorts/h1Rt1rZNy2w?feature=share

This was him against United. Bamboozled both Maguire and McTom
If only that took much. Like showing a dog a card trick.

But yeah, he's definitely a more canny type of player than his build would have you expect. Hopefully having our attackers around him to link play and read his runs etc rather than having Burnley clog long balls at him will give him the opportunity to shine in the Prem.

city-puma

I'm a Claret. He works really hard and has a great touch and is quite technical on the ball. You can pop it into him and run off him. He's awful in the air. I know the World Cup suggests otherwise but he literally never looked likely to score from a cross. He also isn't a target man in the old school sense. He doesn't scrap for neck high shit lumped in - we needed him to. His finishing is less than clinical and it cost us a relegation - Wood et al had worked miracles if you look at our XG from previous seasons. He is pretty confident and comes across as arrogant. He really didn't fit in our dressing room.

I think he got caught in the new approach from the owners and Dyche was not sure about him. I think he will probably be a decent fit because you will have pace off him and he is intelligent and quick distributor. His ego will think that United are big enough. It seems strange because it is a budget deal and it is not very United.

From our point of view, if we do get promoted he can still be sold. He's not a good fit for us.
interesting. thanks for the input.
I heard your team under the new manager completely changed the playing style. I also heard the former coach staff indicated Wout is not the type of player doing channel run like Wood and Barnes.
From the limited opportunities in World Cup, I feel he could play a role like Haller to Ajax under ETH. That’s probably what many people are excited about his joining. If he indeed is good at it, your Burley will definitely find his usefulness. That’s why I feel Burley help his transfer to us even though there is no buy option/obligation anymore. Of course, the above can be completely unfounded.

city-puma

I will be extremely satisfied if he can have the impact similar to what you (Larson) did for us. It doesn’t need to be a lot of goals actually, right?

Sgreddevil

"Who let the Horst out?
Wout, wout, wout, wout ,wout!
Who let the Horst out?
Wout, wout, wout, wout ,wout!'....."

SAFMUTD

I'm expecting at least 3 goals before the end of the season from free kicks.

Marcus

I hope he plays so well that United will feel compelled to buy him.

cyril C

Not entirely true, we had Fellaini remember? Liverpool spent big money on 2 big guy but end up in disaster, because modern tactics (Plan A) doesn't need big guy, except Moyes, whom should have acquired Crouch instead of relying on Rooney for his Century Cross.

Fergi deployed Vidic as Plan B, similar tactics was used by Barca and RM, as desperate measure. I recall Maguire in opposite box, but when you are not a striker, you are not, being big and tall has no bearing.

Giroud is a rare breed, who doesn't mind being used as impact sub season after season.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Not entirely true, we had Fellaini remember? Liverpool spent big money on 2 big guy but end up in disaster, because modern tactics (Plan A) doesn't need big guy, except Moyes, whom should have acquired Crouch instead of relying on Rooney for his Century Cross.

Fergi deployed Vidic as Plan B, similar tactics was used by Barca and RM, as desperate measure. I recall Maguire in opposite box, but when you are not a striker, you are not, being big and tall has no bearing.

Giroud is a rare breed, who doesn't mind being used as impact sub season after season.
Fellaini was a midfielder not a striker

FiiiiveTenHaaags

Said it in the transfer thread but saying it again here -

10 goals for WW across all comps by end of season.

If anyone knows a bookie who lets you make a bet like that let me know which one! 888Sport don’t and they’re my usual.

Cheers

cyril C

Fellaini was a midfielder not a striker
But he was the only player who can hold the ball up front, under Mourinho, when no-one else can. Fellaini was an ugly but effective solution, who act as #9 when attack, and CB on defence, as Lindelof, Blind, Rojo are so poor in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.