Wout Weghorst | Wolfsburg...

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
His record at Burnley is Triffic. Guess he can’t handle those cold Tuesday nights..

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Release yourselves from anguish and do not bump this thread every time he scores/does not score for Hoffenheim.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Despite him not being able to hit a barn door, he still has more trophies than Harry Kane.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Got abuse from Burnley fans a few weeks back. Hope he does well back in Germany.

MegadrivePerson

In years to come we can say it was all just a move by Ten Hag to make it easier for the next striker.

However long it takes for Rasmus Højlund to adapt, he's got very small shoes to fill!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I liked him. Objectively awful, would never have wanted him playing for us, but somehow just liked him
I very much share that sentiment. Irrational feeling considering how shit he was. But I think I kind of prefer shit players who work hard and appreciate being at the club to average players who don’t.

Chief123

Imagine going from WW to Hojlund. Like swapping a road cone for a Ferrari.

padzilla

Hipster
Good lad with a great attitude, I wish him well, he was proud to play for United and gave it a go. He wasn't the one picking himself all the time. It's a shame some other players with higher profiles didn't have his ethos.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I liked him. Objectively awful, would never have wanted him playing for us, but somehow just liked him
We had a donkey on the farm growing up - an actual donkey, I'm not just saying that to insult Wout. This donkey was mainly used to patrol the grounds and scare off foxes and badgers. It did an adequate job of it, some of the time. The other times it would do feck all, or even sit there and watch as a fox jumped over the fence and went after the chickens. It made us wonder if he had actually made a difference all of those other times when the chickens didn't get eaten.

But we loved this donkey very much because he had a certain charm to him. It was the same charm that you see from a small kid trying to open a packet of Monster Munch; not quite getting it right but determined to keep trying.

That was the donkey for us. A trier, and people love a trier. It was a sad day when we replaced him with that Danish wolf and I had to use both barrels on Mr Donkey's stupid fecking face.

OverratedOpinion

He will do well there.

Smart from Burnley, I'm sure they assumed he'd grab a few goals with us and help them recoup some money. Should do the trick in Germany.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm glad it ended when it did cos my patience was starting to wear thin by the end of it all, but yeah there was a sort of cult hero vibe to him, with an extra layer of shiteness. His celebrations of the Carabao Cup are only rivalled by Arsenal's Charity Shield post match festivities.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I'm glad it ended when it did cos my patience was starting to wear thin by the end of it all, but yeah there was a sort of cult hero vibe to him, with an extra layer of shiteness. His celebrations of the Carabao Cup are only rivalled by Arsenal's Charity Shield post match festivities.
:lol:

whitbyviking

What's it you're trying to do though. A Ferrari isn't ideal to block off a lane.
Depends where you're blocking the lane, Ferraris are pretty big cars and some wag is far less likely to nudge a Ferrari out of the way than a traffic cone.

tomaldinho1

It was weird. On the one hand he was so obviously a lesser player than OAP Ronaldo (even with how crap he'd become) but then he busted a gut and ran around a lot so people liked him. I couldn't help like him for just getting stuck in, it was like if you watched your extremely tall and lanky kid play in a men's game and they were hopelessly out of their depth but you cheered them on regardless.

mu4c_20le

Powerful striker who has scored plenty over the last two seasons. Was talk in Spurs being interested last summer.

Not sure how his exploits would translate to another league, but in this world of few traditional #9s, he’s an interesting one.
Interesting is certainly one word to describe him

Conor

Covidiot that couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Gavinb33

Not gonna lie always gonna like Wout dunno why he was shit, but there was something good about him being shit and he didn't completely derail our season which probably helped also, if we'd have dropped top 4 and not won the CC I'd probably hate him

Red00012

Surely someone on YouTube did a montage of him putting out his hands when he wanted the ball and him getting frustrated when it wasn’t passed to him 99.9% of the time .

now that’s something I’d watch

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Dunno if he'd make it, but he's much better than Haller. Quite different as a player as well. Well apart from being tall and a striker.

Actually, Weghorst is much taller. Didnt know he was 1m98.
This one aged like milk.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Not gonna lie always gonna like Wout dunno why he was shit, but there was something good about him being shit and he didn't completely derail our season which probably helped also, if we'd have dropped top 4 and not won the CC I'd probably hate him
Yeah it's an odd one isn't it. As someone who was supposed to score goals he clearly disappointed to say the least. Yet I still will have mostly fond memories of the guy. Aside from not scoring there is very little he seemed to do wrong positionally, always had the right attitude and probably saved our ass more defensively than anything going forward. I hope he finds his shooting boots again and does well somewhere before closing out his career. At the very least he ll go down a bit of a cult hero for that last sec goal against Argentina at the WC.

Crimson King

Haha yes, that was what I had heard from my Bundesliga follower friends.

Thankfully we didn’t see any of that! He seemed like a genuinely good guy!
Yeah he did actually, we certainly couldn't fault his attitude!

OverratedOpinion

This one aged like milk.
Wait, what is there to say he's not better than Haller?

Both failed in England, Weghorst has a better record in Germany and just as good in Holland.

Haller would surely be absolutely delighted if he went on to do as well as Weghorst did in the Bundesliga.