Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

5 clubs and 1 loan in 10 years makes him a journeyman?
He’s a lot better, and more suited to what we need than the like of Morata, Memphis, Aboubakar etc.
6 clubs in 10 years isn't a lot?

BorisManUtd

If it is to happen I just hope we get it done as early as possible so he can participate in Fa Cup 4th round tie and Carabao Cup semi-final legs (if we beat Charlton of course).

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yes a thousand times. For the right price he would let us play a different tactic when need be. Throw him on for the lest 30 mins if we need to.

Honestly, he could give us what I had hoped Ronaldo would be giving us had he accepted his role as a veteran striker who comes off the bench and offers us something different. We need that sort of balance in the squad.

userman

100% agree, look, AMC is as big a weakness as striker is right now. Donny’s injury looks bad, unless you hear something else, you got to assume that it’s at least a 3-4 month thing if not worse. There is hope, have seen stuff look worse with the player coming back almost immediately — but it’s not something we can expect.

Who is our top AMC sub with Donny out? We only have Fred. And we only have 2 CMs besides the top 3.

We definitely cannot be satisfied with just getting Weghorst, we also need a AMC.
In an optimal world we would get both a backup striker and a backup for Bruno, but as you've pointed out in other posts (very impressive and informative posts btw) our funds are limited to say the least. For AMC I would imagine that we could try out Sancho now that he's second choice on both LW and RW, Sancho might just come alive at AMC where he played a few times at Dortmund.
If Donny is out for the rest of the season - which is unfortunately a likely outcome - we could also recall Mejbri from his loan spell.

Last edited:

Gfooty

People were complaining about Luuk de Jong at Barca and he proved to be the perfect pinchhitter for them.

Bwuk

I’d trust ETH judgement on this as he hasn’t missed yet.

Leg-End

I like it, as far as Jan options go that aren’t going to negatively impact finances/squad places for the medium/long term you won’t get much better. This guy will run through walls for ETH.

Flying_Heckfish

Fits the criteria. Doubt we'd take the option in the summer unless he really pulls up trees.

EtH did take the West Ham version of Haller and made him dangerous again so I trust him with this type of signing.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Can't fault his mentality. Always works his ass off and can be a good sub to bring on.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not gonna lie. I actually prefer this one over Thuram and Memphis. He’s an actual striker not some LW or second striker and offer something different.

Raven

He'll be fine for what we're looking for right now. Gives us something completely different.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's a unit, he can score, we're obviously in a pinch as a club, ten Hag knows him and thinks he can get a tune from him.

We'll get bantered to hell for this, but dammit I'm in.

Bert_

Easy to come up with a chant for him at least. Just replace "whoomp there it is" with his name.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I have nothing against Weghorst, but we need more than cover. We need competition. There are no goals in our attack presently, aside from Rashford. And there’s no goals on the bench either. If Martial, Antony and Bruno were scoring with any regularity - I’d be open to Weghorst, but we need Felix now. Genuine top quality who can come in and perhaps do what Martial isn’t presently.

Laurencio

He's very good at what he does - provide a physical presence and annoy defenders. He's also a decent passer. Maybe a proper target man is what we need. Could be interesting.

wolvored

So wouldn’t Burnley have to recall him back then to send him to us if he’s currently already on loan? Why would they do that aswell if he’s playing regular for Beşiktaş?
Money comes into it somewhere. Loan payment or we pay bigger % of wages I would guess.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not the sexiest name you'll ever hear linked and I don't want him on a perm but for a loan to make CL possible until the rats feck off, I'll take him.

I believe he'll work with EtH as well and I would love it if he scores a late shithouse winner against Farca.

I still want Felix though

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thrilled. Best signing from a team standpoint. I know he isn't the fancy toy everyone wants but he will scare the shit out of defenders.

He won't start so don't worry but if you need a route 1 option in the dying minutes he is the best .

Marcus

This is the Haller/Arnautovic type of player that EtH wanted. All for this.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s basically Haller. And ten Hag is about to turn him into a beast like what he did to Haller. :devil:

Revaulx

Thrilled. Best signing from a team standpoint. I know he isn't the fancy toy everyone wants but he will scare the shit out of defenders.
Quite agree. Some of the other names being thrown about might be better players, but they aren’t as close to what we need as this fellow is.

He won't start so don't worry but if you need a route 1 option in the dying minutes he is the best .
I won’t be surprised if he does; either out of choice (we’ll need to rotate with all those games coming up) or necessity (Tony made of balsa wood).

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
People were complaining about Luuk de Jong at Barca and he proved to be the perfect pinchhitter for them.
Yeah, and at different levels of football, there are so many examples of this.

Ultimately, if a team is working, has a system that is functional and in which players become better — acquisitions tend to do great. Henrik Larsson helps us a lot while SAF was still here. Since then all our stop gap signings have failed. At the same time, we have never had functional teams. A ton of signings under Mourinho and Ole busted.

I would actually be surprised if WW doesn’t turn out to be a useful squad player for ETH if we get him. We will be thin squad wise in the coming months. We don’t need him to carry the club, but to come in and put in the work, open lanes for guys like Rash, Garnacho, Antony and hopefully Sancho.

croadyman

Not the sexiest name you'll ever hear linked and I don't want him on a perm but for a loan to make CL possible until the rats feck off, I'll take him.

I believe he'll work with EtH as well and I would love it if he scores a late shithouse winner against Farca.

Late winner in Nou Camp or Old Trafford

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It’s bizarre, but have to trust the manager knows what he is doing

What I will say, if some random poster made a thread on January 1st and said we should sign Wout Weghorst, they would be laughed at and the thread probably would have been closed.

croadyman

We will keep trying to get loan fee lower but I get the impression that Atletico aren't pushovers

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
So the next time one of you starts posting during summer windows that 'i don't care how much it takes, just get him'' or ''the glazers are haggling over a few million?'' Or ''its not my money so I don't care''.

Now you know the extreme consequences of the 'just pay whatever it takes' approach.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
So the next time one of you starts posting during summer windows that 'i don't care how much it takes, just get him'' or ''the glazers are haggling over a few million?'' Or ''its not my money so I don't care''.

Now you know the extreme consequences of the 'just pay whatever it takes' approach.
The "extreme consequences" of being in a very good position going into the second half of the season and maybe having to scrimp a bit on our backup striker option? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.