WWC23 | England v Spain - Spain win the World Cup - and Rubiales gets sacked

Goalfather

Of course I've seen the video. Who hasn't. The video makes for very uncomfortable watching. She was plainly not cooperating at all. And who the feck does that? "We won. Come here so I can stick my tongue down your throat?". That isn't playful. It is a crime.

Not to mention that there is heaps of other evidence and this was far from the only incident. He then went off on one denying it was a problem or that he did anything wrong. Even if he didn't give a shit (which he plainly doesn't) reading the room and (non) apologising "I got carried away in the moment. This isn't who I am" and he would probably have got away with it.

It is troubling that you seem to find this sort of behaviour acceptable.
You have obviously been watching a different video from what I saw. If you can post a video where he sticks his tongue into her mouth, I will readily concede my position and apologise to everyone on this thread.

I saw a very brief peck on the lips, a seemingly close-mouthed kiss. I saw Hermoso subsequently give him a quick embrace and walk away smiling. You obviously have access to video of a separate incident or another angle that is not widely available. Please share it

criticalanalysis

To me, insanity is when we ignore the evidence before our eyes in favor of an agenda-driven narrative. The case in point involves Rubiales and Hermioso, where their interaction lasted merely eight seconds. Yet, the brief moment, during which Hermoso embraced and lifted Rubiales in a gesture that seemed to suggest camaraderie, has scarcely been circulated—perhaps because it complicates the prevailing narrative.
Why are you so certain Hermoso was the one who initiated or wanted to lift Rubiales? Because if that's not the case, then your 'camaraderie' angle falls flat. Not that it changes anything anyways even if she was the one, who did.

For me, it looks like Rubiales hugged her tightly and then raised his own feet to put all of his weight on her and then it was her natural reaction to brace herself for that. Plenty of people do this unprompted like when you jumped on someone's back and the person adjusts as they feel your weight. However, that doesn't mean the person holding the other person/bracing their weight is doing some kind of initiating because if they didn't hold on, both of them would fall.

In Hermoso's position, if she did want to initiate, she would be hugging tightly and leaning backwards on her heels to hold his weight and not tip toeing forwards unbalanced (because who lifts someone on their toes?), as she didn't probably expect to be carrying his weight unpromoted.

Last edited:

Goalfather

Why are you so certain Hermoso was the one who initiated or wanted to lift Rubiales? Because if that's not the case, then your 'camaraderie' angle falls flat. Not that it changes anything anyways even if she was the one, who did.

For me, it looks like Rubiales hugged her tightly and then raised his own feet to put all of his weight on her and then it was her natural reaction to brace herself for that. Plenty of people do this unprompted like when you jumped on someone's back and the person adjusts as they feel your weight. However, that doesn't mean the person holding the other person/bracing their weight is doing some kind of initiating because if they didn't hold on, both of them would fall.

In Hermoso's position, if she did want to initiate, she would be hugging tightly and leaning backwards on her heels to hold his weight and not tip toeing forwards unbalanced (because who lifts someone on their toes?), as she didn't probably expect to be carrying his weight unpromoted.
She does lean back initially before she is pulled forward in a hug.