WWC23 | England v Spain - Spain win the World Cup - and Rubiales gets sacked

Lightbringer

I reckon Sweden will score on our 1st chance after USA dominated all game, it would be typical.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Sweden need to do something about Horan and the amount of space she’s getting between midfield and defence. All of USA’s best chances seem to be going through her right now.

Lightbringer

Sweden will start to move in minute 75th and forward when USA have spent their energy, the plan is working!

Lightbringer

The USA coach should sub Morgan for Rodman for extra time, its not too late to correct his earlier mistake, Rodman got 20-30 minutes rest, she would be ready to go again! (not that she looked like she was tired even)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m hoping Sweden show a bit more going forward. The US are there to be gotten at

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
The USA coach should sub Morgan for Rodman for extra time, its not too late to correct his earlier mistake, Rodman got 20-30 minutes rest, she would be ready to go again! (not that she looked like she was tired even)
Is that even allowed?

Lay

Is this a new rule or something?

Lightbringer

Is this a new rule or something?
Has there ever been a rule saying you cant sub in a player that has been subbed out earlier in the game? I have never heard that such rule exists, since you are wasting subs I cant see a reason why it should not be allowed.

Lightbringer

When Rodman was subbed, USAs attacking played died, what an awful decision, the USA coach might be a mathematical genius but does he know football? :D

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Has there ever been a rule saying you cant sub in a player that has been subbed out earlier in the game? I have never heard that such rule exists, since you are wasting subs I cant see a reason why it should not be allowed.
You cannot sub a player back on that has been subbed off earlier. Its been a rule of the game since substitutions were first introduced

Lay

USA look a shadow of their former sides. Poor game overall, disappointed in Sweden

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
If I google it most reactions say no but I can't find a definite answer.

Lay

Weird seeing just 2 minutes injury time

Lightbringer

Is the plan not to bother until we play extra time?
Stage 1 plan, let USA run themselves tired - DONE
Stage 2 plan, wait for extra time - DONE
Stage 3 plan - put in an extra gear and win the game! (NEXT)

We got this, USA is there for the taking :devil:

RedDevilQuebecois

This is such an awful game. One of the worst of the tournament so far, imo.
I agree. I know that knockout rounds can be cagey affairs, but you gotta show initiative and desire in those. I just haven't seen enough of those 2 qualities after 90 minutes.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Not every team has Chelseas 3rd goalkeeper to plan around ;)

Also, Stage 4 plan - let the USA coach sub their best player after only 65 minutes, that certainly helps :D
Well I for one hope Sweden wins purely for that fact I can't stand possibly making it to the semis only to be knocked out by the USA again.

Superunknown

I agree. I know that knockout rounds can be cagey affairs, but you gotta show initiative and desire in those. I just haven't seen enough of those after 90 minutes.
Controversial opinion, but I think it's worth looking into deciding matches on 'stats' before they go to penalties. If a team has, say, 5 or more shots on target than the other team, that team should progress to the next round.

Sweden have had 1 shot on target (I think) the entire game. USA have been the ones pushing.