Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fully Fledged

Xbox LATAM apparently taking consoles away from outlets in Brazil which reported on the Series S price increase: https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...-series-price-increase-in-the-country.780320/

I'm glad that the Xbox community are prepared to stand up and speak out on the companies Shitehousery and hold them too the fire. It was people like Jez, Colt Eastwood, and Rand al Thor 19 got the attempt to double price of XBG reversed. They spoke out and made so much of a commotion that the increase caused so much bad publicity that Xbox had to reverse it.

I'm hoping that they can have the same effect on the Brasil console price rise. I heard that the price has reverted to it's original price in the Xbox store, let's hope it stays that way.

It's just a shame that other console communities don't hold their console providers to the same standards.

Fully Fledged

It's just a shame that other console communities don't hold their console providers to the same standards.
If you are so easily offended that an add triggers you I leave you alone. :lol:

Making devs redundant so you can claim their shares not a peep out of any of you but an add on the dash board oh the horror.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Game pass has been much better than Ps Plus of late with the latter delivering mediocrity for the past 2/3 months whereas Game Pass had given Starfield (disappointing but still a big release), Coccoon, Jusant, Lies of P, FM 24, Persona Tactica and Rolledrome.

In that time Ps Plus has got Nier, Disco Elysium and lots of filler games.

Ainu

Exactly. The perspective of some people. Fancy a company advertising there new shiny purchase. The nerve of them.
You mean the company that cut 10,000 jobs back in January, including an unspecified number across the games division including 343 Industries and Bethesda Game Studios, in the same year they found a cool 70 billion dollars to acquire another publisher?

Perspective huh.

Fully Fledged

You mean the company that cut 10,000 jobs back in January, including an unspecified number across the games division including 343 Industries and Bethesda Game Studios, in the same year they found a cool 70 billion dollars to acquire another publisher?

Perspective huh.
All the creators that I mentioned spoke out about it. Jez even brought it up on a podcast yesterday. I'm not saying that Xbox don't do it, just that you here from the community when they do but not when anybody else does.

BTW the 10 000 was across Microsoft not just Xbox. It's funny how to two are interchanged to make the company look worse, depending on the circumstance.

Ainu

All the creators that I mentioned spoke out about it. Jez even brought it up on a podcast yesterday. I'm not saying that Xbox don't do it, just that you here from the community when they do but not when anybody else does.

BTW the 10 000 was across Microsoft not just Xbox. It's funny how to two are interchanged to make the company look worse, depending on the circumstance.
I don't find it a very interesting thing to comment on, as companies are all shitty. All of them chase growth and all of them will take shitty decisions to achieve it. Across the entire gaming industry, 6000+ jobs were lost this year. It's been a shit show all around. You just won't see me trying to claim one company is better than the other. They're all as bad as each other.

That last part, I specifically mentioned it was 10,000 of which an unspecified number was across the gaming divisions. That's not misleading to make it look worse, that's literally the only information we have. If they had specified the number for Xbox studios, I would've used that.

Fully Fledged

I don't find it a very interesting thing to comment on, as companies are all shitty. All of them chase growth and all of them will take shitty decisions to achieve it. Across the entire gaming industry, 6000+ jobs were lost this year. It's been a shit show all around. You just won't see me trying to claim one company is better than the other. They're all as bad as each other.

That last part, I specifically mentioned it was 10,000 of which an unspecified number was across the gaming divisions. That's not misleading to make it look worse, that's literally the only information we have. If they had specified the number for Xbox studios, I would've used that.
The point is that even Xbox advertising their new game gets ripped apart on here like it's a massive crime. whatever the other side does only gets brought up if it's positive. Look back to when MS made the lay offs, I know there was a pile on then. The other side do it crickets.

The main take away is I can't believe that people think Xbox advertising their new purchase is so egregious. It tickles me that everybody thought this was a massive win.

b82REZ

I used to think people were being ironic with the console wars battle; turns out there are at least two fully grown adults in here that are fully engaged in an argument you only hear in primary school playgrounds.

Fully Fledged

I used to think people were being ironic with the console wars battle; turns out there are at least two fully grown adults in here that are fully engaged in an argument you only hear in primary school playgrounds.
As I just said I find the whole thing hilarious.

It's always funny when people turn to insults when they have no come back and think they are the one being the adult.

Ainu

The point is that even Xbox advertising their new game gets ripped apart on here like it's a massive crime. whatever the other side does only gets brought up if it's positive. Look back to when MS made the lay offs, I know there was a pile on then. The other side do it crickets.

The main take away is I can't believe that people think Xbox advertising their new purchase is so egregious. It tickles me that everybody thought this was a massive win.
Slight overreaction? :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It’s very lame how much people think about it. And there’s a bunch on here that still think bantering them in the actual console war thread because of how oddly passionate they were was everyone else being serious about it.

Fully Fledged

I don't know how I was even supposed to be console-warring when in my first post in this discussion I accused Xbox of Shitehousery. :confused:

Any how enjoy the rest of your days guys.

Last edited:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Dont worry we all know you and Damo are harmless really

b82REZ

:lol: Calm down kids. Maybe take your minds off it by, I dunno, playing games instead?

Alan Wake 2 is being criminally overlooked on the caf, maybe try that for a start.
I'm probably grabbing it in the next week or so. It looks amazing.

caid

:lol: Calm down kids. Maybe take your minds off it by, I dunno, playing games instead?

Alan Wake 2 is being criminally overlooked on the caf, maybe try that for a start.
I feel like i should play the first one before i pick it up. Maybe play the control dlc. Looks great though.

Alock1

The first was a great game and one of my favourites but I heard this one isn't a console exclusive so there's really no point playing it.

Fully Fledged

It does look good.

I want to put some time into City Skylines 2 see if it lives up to the original, but I'm watching F1 Quali then heading out tonight.

Ainu

I think it's more that people just can't keep up with the games. This year has been insane, at least on paper (I'm always a couple of years behind, trying to play catch up).

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I think it's more that people just can't keep up with the games. This year has been insane, at least on paper (I'm always a couple of years behind, trying to play catch up).
Yeah I loved Control and really want to play this. I haven't even played the first so want to do the remaster of that but feck knows when I'll have time.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Is this now the random gaming chat thread?
AW2 is on the Xbox you know. So it's relevant.

And up there for game of the year too.

It does look good.

I want to put some time into City Skylines 2 see if it lives up to the original, but I'm watching F1 Quali then heading out tonight.
I'm really enjoying it, I want to to Skylines too but have just got into Satisfactory so there's no way my brain is going to handle two games like that at once :lol:

It has been a great one!

I feel like i should play the first one before i pick it up. Maybe play the control dlc. Looks great though.
The first one people call "clunky" but I actually thought the combat suited the game and setting. It's a great story/setting though, and so far the sequel is doing it justice. The Control DLC was okay, but made some misteps.

It's weird though, the Alan Wake 1.5 American Nightmare is such a cool game, and is clearly still cannon, but they don't seem to be doing that as a remaster.

The first was a great game and one of my favourites but I heard this one isn't a console exclusive so there's really no point playing it.
I did that back to back with The Darkness after a Blockbusters sale. Absolutely brilliant gaming times.

I'm probably grabbing it in the next week or so. It looks amazing.
It's very good so far, and graphically has taken over Cyberpunk. It's so well done, no wonder it took so long. The fact "Sam Lake" has injected himself into the game so heavily with his weird faces makes it so much better too, it's like Max Payne is back and your sidekick :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't know how I was even supposed to be console-warring when in my first post in this discussion I accused Xbox of Shitehousery. :confused:

Any how enjoy the rest of your days guys.
My comment wasn’t aimed at you. It’s the passive aggressive attempts at ‘subtle’ digs about Xbox and the less than subtle weirdos. It’s very odd behaviour for adults.

Last edited:

Alock1

My comment wasn’t aimed at you. It’s the passive aggressive attempts at ‘subtle’ digs about Xbox and the less than subtle weirdos. It’s very odd behaviour for adults.
I pity them