Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fully Fledged

Really looking forward to Ara. I have been a big fan of Civ and Total War since they were first released. This looks like Civ and Total War got together and had a baby.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Got the xbestie on the way over with a crate of irn bru ready to rock this mother

Alock1

I hope you've got this to store them in.
Obviously

I don't have a spare socket in the main room though as ive got my green neon lights plugged in so it's just there for show really

Alock1

Hellblade as nailed on for GOTY

TIOYL'

Fully Fledged

I initially thought it was strange but it does make sense to do something different than just another Tomb Raider or Uncharted. It looks unique, whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen.
I hate first person games. Two games that should be third person are now first person. oh well there are plenty of other games to play.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
So is it a shooter, a puzzle game, a VR experience. Exactly what is the game? Not very enlightening.
its a first person action game with shootin n whippin. And will control similar to Wolfenstein

its fairly obvious what the game is.

think it looked outstanding and looking forward to it

Big Andy

Bloke
its a first person action game with shootin n whippin. And will control similar to Wolfenstein

Am I right in thinking this won’t be on Xbox One? Only Series S and X?

Alock1

Gameplay reveal is being generous
There was quite a bit of gameplay shown tbf but some might have been in the dev commentary outside this.

Enough that I have no doubts about what the game is. Though tbh it shouldn't take a genius to imagine an Indy game - the only real question was whether it was first or third person.

Don't really give a shit about Indiana Jones but I like machine games fps so I'm in for this. Glad it's not third person.

Hellblade looked amazing. Avowed so-so - a good gamepass game but it'll probably live and die by its story as otherwise it feels like your typical rpg from the previous 2 gens. Just Outer Worlds with a different skin.

Laurencio

I watched the dev video above afterwards, which settled my fears. The puzzle aspect and figuring things out without weapons is what interest me most about Indiana Jones games tbh. I loved Fate of Atlantis and The Last Crusade point and click back in the day. The last first person Indiana Jones game I played - in the early 00s was quite crap, because it basically forgot about that element of the game.

Graphics look amazing, and the gameplay looks promising.

Bebe

I hate first person games. Two games that should be third person are now first person. oh well there are plenty of other games to play.
My housemate is similar, and I recently saw a thread where a sizable number of people were upset that Cyberpunk 2077 was first person. What is it people don't like about first person games?

Fully Fledged

My housemate is similar, and I recently saw a thread where a sizable number of people were upset that Cyberpunk 2077 was first person. What is it people don't like about first person games?
I was upset that they changed Cyberpunk from 3rd to 1st person from the reveal to the game.

Bebe

I was upset that they changed Cyberpunk from 3rd to 1st person from the reveal to the game.
What is it you don't like about first person games? I don't mean that question to sound like a challenge, to each their own. Personally I usually prefer a first person perspective, although it depends in large part on what kind of game it is.

Fully Fledged

What is it you don't like about first person games? I don't mean that question to sound like a challenge, to each their own. Personally I usually prefer a first person perspective, although it depends in large part on what kind of game it is.
I don't know what it is, but when ever I try 1st person games I don't get past an hour before giving up.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
These are surprisingly good moves from Xbox. Indiana Jones looks class and that Ara game looks interesting too. Hellblade will be phenomenal.

Persona 3 Reload coming in February too will be a huge boon for Gamepass too.

Admittedly not many games featuring capes but we move forward.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So when do we think will actually be a good time to pick up an Xbox? I’m still incredibly disappointed by the list of games and the pipeline looks very underwhelming to me too. When I first saw Avowed that looked brilliant, but I think that it looks awful now that we have seen more. Fable has always been a fav of mine so I would like to see how that one develops. Outside of that, do I really have to wait for the next Elder scrolls? I doubt that will even be out this gen and frankly will it even be good or will they butcher it like Fallout 4 or 76?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I would always lean to a third person perspective where available. I don’t actually find first person that immersive, personally I think you can role play better in third person, being able to see your character. In games that offer the choice (GTA, Red Dead, Skyrim to name afew) I will almost exclusively play in third person. I find combat in third person largely more engaging too. The big thing for me is movement, in third it feels much more fluid to me and while games like Dying Light 2 do a good job of providing a framework for first person traversal, I still think it falls short of freedom offered in third person games.

I think the obsession with first person heavily links to the growth of popular shooters like COD/Battlefield and for many of those players, first person feels more accessible. I’ve never really been into first person shooters as much as many people so I think that partly explains my preferences.

spwd

Received this today and it's so much smoother than the old standard one I was using for fh4. Sorry it's so big :nervous:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
So when do we think will actually be a good time to pick up an Xbox?
That completely depends on what else you have to game on. If you have a PC, no, a PS5 then it's a maybe at best mate.

I want to say yes outright, because I do prefer the console itself over the PS5 (the X that is anyway) but totally honestly my son's one is literally sat on a shelf doing nothing. Granted he does prefer his PC and the Gamepass is on that, but even then he barely uses the GP these days. I think it really depends on if you have access to their games or not and again even then there's not a lot to justify the price (you might like Starfield as a CP fan, but the quests and the writing is lightyears away from that game).

As a machine to play their exclusives, the S is still a decent enough shout for how cheap you can get one though. Also I want to dare to at least expect great things from Hellblade 2 (though I have reservations about the "shorter" comment, and capturing that magic again).

Ainu

I would always lean to a third person perspective where available. I don’t actually find first person that immersive, personally I think you can role play better in third person, being able to see your character. In games that offer the choice (GTA, Red Dead, Skyrim to name afew) I will almost exclusively play in third person. I find combat in third person largely more engaging too. The big thing for me is movement, in third it feels much more fluid to me and while games like Dying Light 2 do a good job of providing a framework for first person traversal, I still think it falls short of freedom offered in third person games.

I think the obsession with first person heavily links to the growth of popular shooters like COD/Battlefield and for many of those players, first person feels more accessible. I’ve never really been into first person shooters as much as many people so I think that partly explains my preferences.
Modern gaming doesn't have an obsession with first person though, I'd argue it's the opposite. Feels like the overwhelming majority of big blockbuster games in at least the last decade has been third person. First person used to be big in the early days of Doom and Quake and especially after Half-Life, but nowadays?

evil_geko

We can meme around all we want, but Xbox lineup at least has good diversity in genres, Playstation is all about 3rd person action adventures, I loved PS1 and PS2 eras where they had a lot diversity in genres, it all went downhill from PS3 onwards.

Indy looks great, I actually really like that it is first person and not just another in the sea of 3rd person adventure games.

Alock1

Also I want to dare to at least expect great things from Hellblade 2 (though I have reservations about the "shorter" comment, and capturing that magic again).
It's 8 hours long which feels perfect to me for something quite intense

Obviously it's easier to accept that with it being on gamepass too.