YOU LOVE TO SEE IT

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think on-pitch performance is rather more important than, I don't know, social media followers.
I think, you know, like, maybe, being the most successful club in English football, sort of, counts. Besides claiming the 4th/2nd/5th best team in England with arguably the largest fanbase is irrelevant is moronic to say the least :lol:

Also, why are these non United supporting people polluting the Manchester United forum? I thought the football forum was for you lot.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Guys, don't get so defensive, it's just good old banter.
I know that Utd is relevant, it's the biggest club in the world. I mean, which other club has so many Instagram followers, supporters in SEA with a knock-off jersey or an official bed sheets partner and can blow any small-time club out of the water.
And that's what counts, don't let anybody tell you something different.
Cry more.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Close to a decade of irrelevance has really taken its toll on this forum.
Went to uefa final and lost it on penalties, while finishing second on the pinnacle of worlds league football. Just signed one of the most promising young winger with about 70 mil stretched over 4 years. This is on the back of covid seasons. Yes, our standards have slipped. No big club ever had a blip alright. But we are clearly on upward trajectory even on the hardest league in the world. Enjoy your 10th league title in a row. Congrats.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah feck those pesky BDL Guys, what have they ever done for us? They did't even exist. I on the other hand am a proud member of the BLPA.

There are two stories about this and the German one is this:

There once was a player named S. who wanted to got to United.
Dortmund dint’t want him to go, but they gave him a promise.
„Let them pay the right price in the right time and you will be sold.“

Unfortunately United didn’t pay the right price and didn’t show up in time
and they were negotiating like idiots. No Sancho for them.

And a year later they learned their lessen. They did show up in time, they
did not negotiating like idiots and they got Sansho even for cheap.

And what are we leaning from this tale? Don’t be idiots and you get your player, even for less that you thought.

I am sure, there are other stories of this, like a Man United one. But the thing about banter is Dortmund have to
buy your story to be pissed. If they don’t there is nothing to be pissed about.
Beside like 15 million less money than Sancho is worth. Feck you Ed and your brilliant sweet talking!
:lol:

roonster09

Scout
Our fans' arrogance when it comes to the Bundesliga is really embarassing.
I think on-pitch performance is rather more important than, I don't know, social media followers.

Yes, AC Milan are a huge club. They are also irrelevant on the highest level and have been for a while because they don't compete for the major trophies, and neither do we. I hope it will change eventually but until then...
Talks about arrogance and then says only club that wins are relevant.

roonster09

Scout
I think, you know, like, maybe, being the most successful club in English football, sort of, counts. Besides claiming the 4th/2nd/5th best team in England with arguably the largest fanbase is irrelevant is moronic to say the least :lol:

Also, why are these non United supporting people polluting the Manchester United forum? I thought the football forum was for you lot.
Some of the posts in this thread are hilarious :lol:

Cringe, RAWK, arrogance, irrelevant and all that nonsense.

Shark

@NotShark
The EPL is unfortunately very competitive. Its not like the Bundesliga or the SPL
The EPL being competitive has little to do with our trophy drought over the past 4 years. There is such thing as mickey mouse cups.

Last edited:

Siorac

I do support United, you polluter. I just have no delusions: we're irrelevant when it comes to major trophies. Like Liverpool in the 90s. I don't know how much clearer I can make this. The past is nice and all but hey, Arsenal have a decorated past and a huge following but let's face it, they're... well not exactly relevant these days, are they?

Siorac

Talks about arrogance and then says only club that wins are relevant.
I'm not sure what those two things have to do with each other.

And when I say 'relevant', I mean 'relevant when it comes to major trophies'. So from that aspect, yeah, the clubs that do win stuff or at least get close to doing so are the relevant ones. The rest are clubs with lots of past success and in some cases, like ours, huge financial power that they keep squandering.

roonster09

Scout
I'm not sure what those two things have to do with each other.

And when I say 'relevant', I mean 'relevant when it comes to major trophies'. So from that aspect, yeah, the clubs that do win stuff or at least get close to doing so are the relevant ones. The rest are clubs with lots of past success and in some cases, like ours, huge financial power that they keep squandering.
Or like any other club we have low period which is common for any club, at least in competitive league.

If anyone from Milan forum read your post then they say "typical ManUtd/PL Fanboy with head firmly in their arse. Or a typical PL fanboy lacking any intelligence" (this is not something I made up btw, general feel among English speaking Serie a fans).

So we have 16 irrelevant clubs in Bundesliga, 19 in serie A and maybe around 16-17 in. French league and 17 in La Liga.

In short only 5-7 relevant clubs in Europe.

Anyways its hilarious to see Bayern fan getting worked up :lol:

amolbhatia50k

I do support United, you polluter. I just have no delusions: we're irrelevant when it comes to major trophies. Like Liverpool in the 90s. I don't know how much clearer I can make this. The past is nice and all but hey, Arsenal have a decorated past and a huge following but let's face it, they're... well not exactly relevant these days, are they?
Bugger off. We don't need your whiney rubbish here. Your concept of relevance is laughable.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The EPL being competitive has little to do with our trophy drought over the past 4 years. There is such thing as mickey mouse cups.
Of course it matters especially if the club in question can't be too bothered winning mickey mouse cups.

Siorac

Or like any other club we have low period which is common for any club, at least in competitive league.

If anyone from Milan forum read your post then they say "typical ManUtd/PL Fanboy with head firmly in their arse. Or a typical PL fanboy lacking any intelligence" (this is not something I made up btw, general feel among English speaking Serie a fans).

So we have 16 irrelevant clubs in Bundesliga, 19 in serie A and maybe around 16-17 in. French league and 17 in La Liga.

Look, we want to be an elite club, right? We want to be right at the top, winning things or at least challenging for them regularly? We want to be up there with City, Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG... and the awful truth is that we haven't been for a while. We haven't been relevant at the level where we want to belong. Much like Liverpool haven't been for about three decades after 1990. Their 'low period' lasted quite long and there's no guarantee ours won't.

Sure, you can make an argument that every club is relevant in some way. My little hometown's football club is very much relevant to the people of the town. But it's irrelevant for the clubs that compete at the top level in the country. Which, in turn, are irrelevant on the European level. And so on.

amolbhatia50k

:lol: Exactly. Such a narrow view of football.

Besides this thread isn't really meant to be as serious as some are making it out to be

Shark

@NotShark
Look, we want to be an elite club, right? We want to be right at the top, winning things or at least challenging for them regularly? We want to be up there with City, Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG... and the awful truth is that we haven't been for a while. We haven't been relevant at the level where we want to belong. Much like Liverpool haven't been for about three decades after 1990. Their 'low period' lasted quite long and there's no guarantee ours won't.

Sure, you can make an argument that every club is relevant in some way. My little hometown's football club is very much relevant to the people of the town. But it's irrelevant for the clubs that compete at the top level in the country. Which, in turn, are irrelevant on the European level. And so on.
None of those clubs are exactly pulling up trees at the moment. Nobody gives a feck if City win the title either, even with Pep. United aren't where they should be, nowhere close just yet but calling us irrelevant is downright idiotic.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This thread is cringe and something I'd expect to see at RAWK or from the Arse fans.

There's no banter here except for the United fans who think saving the Glazers 35m for one year less of Sancho at the club is somehow a footballing trophy.
That 35m saved can go towards 3/4 of the Varane deal.

Quit your moaning.

Siorac

None of those clubs are exactly pulling up trees at the moment. Nobody gives a feck if City win the title either, even with Pep. United aren't where they should be, nowhere close just yet but calling us irrelevant is downright idiotic.
Yeah, well, the financial struggles of Madrid and Barcelona do give me some hope for United's immediate future, that's true.

ShinjiNinja26

Brilliant! I hoped United’s Twitter would do this and they didn’t fail to deliver. :drool:

The salty replies from the BDL have been an absolute joy to read through, thanks guys.:)

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Manchester United will only truly stop being relevant once we stop getting these extreme reactions to fairly harmless anecdotes from people at our club- change my view. I wish there was a bit less raw hatred for our club because I think we try to do things right, but I suppose you take the rough with the smooth.
What the hell are you even on about? We're talking about playing small-time internet banter tennis with our supposed feeder club and people are reacting as if we're winning the league when we've been nowhere near for coming up to 10 years now. Everyone was up in arms about the Glazers a couple of months ago and now we're supposed to clap like good obedient customers and cheer this up?

And our club is not doing things right by any measure. This deal should have been done last summer and even this summer it was delayed due to 'small details'. This just proves the depth of incompetence and I'm somehow supposed to be excited because we've payed Dortmund slightly less than last year?

Finally, I wasn't the one trying quoting others and telling them what to think or feel, so I would suggest you and the other happy band members to go write some bantz on Twitter and let it be.

Bondi77

Leeds will be a great game to make his debut as they only know one way to play and that is attack, attack, attack.

amolbhatia50k

Yes, absolute scum. We should get Priti Patel to handle the moderation on here, since Mr Free Speech over here is unhappy with dissenting views.
I think they have an issue with morons more than with free speech

Eternitiy

We signed a player for a huge fee that very few clubs can afford. Well done.

I am more concerned with the fact that Jadon's former teammate Jude chose to join BVB over Manchester United. Why are United not a more attractive choice to a talented young English player? The same applies to Erling. I am more concerned with the answers to these questions. We may sign either of these players in a year or two for another huge fee, but why can we not attract them to join us earlier in their careers?

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
As a Schalke fan I'm very happy that Sancho left Dortmund, as he currently is a player with international class with the talent for world class. All things considered, the deal seems absolutely fair to me.
However, the fact that some people on here seem to have developed a inferiority complex annoys me. Both sides get so defensive, idiots everywhere. The amount of bundesliga/dortmund/you love to see it hate was definitely hilarious at some point but it feels kind of weird that some have the need to reassure themselves of the greatness of the club they're following in such a repetetive manner. Some are confusing their own greatness with the club's, I'd say; that kind of identification, where you actually seem to build your own selfesteem with factors that are completely not your making is pretty annoying.