Your Favorite Rival Player

youngrell

Thought Henry was an amazing player but couldn’t stand him at the same time (because I couldn’t stand anyone I that Arsenal team at the time).

RvP was another, and as Arsenal were little to no threat at the time I allowed myself to like him.

Jaeger

Supports
Real Madrid
Ronaldinho

The most entertaining player I’ve ever seen, full of skill and an aura that he could create a goal or anything from nothing. Whenever he was on the ball, you just knew he had the ability to do anything he wanted with it. I will always remember that joy on his face playing this sport on that pitch. You could see he was just having fun and that translated across those watching, making you forget for a brief moment he was playing for your biggest rival.

Especial mention to Puyol.

A top class dude and CB, always a gentleman.

Reactions: Varun

King Eric 7

Has to be Henry for me. Also liked RvP so I was ecstatic when we signed him.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Ian Rush.
Great striker and the couple of times I met him seemed a good lad.

Aguero. Best striker the Premier League has seen and a joy to watch his movement and finishing. He's one kids should be watching to see how to play the game.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Always was Robben for me.

Oh and Diego Costa. An absolute arsehole but what a 100% player we would have loved him wearing red.

FatTails

Hard to go for only one. I think Zidane, although I don’t know if Juve and Real fit the definitions of rivals.

Close second and third would be Romario and Ronaldo, players I loved who didn’t play for United.

Of the currently active players, I think Benzema would’ve been a huge success here.

MUFC07

Henry 100% during his time. David Silva too, for sure, he was so good. Salah is brilliant tbh I actually like him better than Torres and Suarez.

Kanté has to be there that is guy is just lovable.

GueRed

None.

I liked a few before they joined our rivals though, for example:

Thierry Henry at (Monaco)
Fernando Torres (A. Madrid)
Sergio Aguero (A. Madrid)
Chris Sutton (Norwich)
Ian Wright (Palace)
Zola (Parma)

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hate to admit it but I always enjoyed watched Georgi Kinkladze play.
Ha, I was going to mention him.

I have an older brother who's a City fan and he'd show me videos of him back in t'day. Those old VHS tapes, baby!

Revaulx

Drogba at Chelsea. Really love that type of modern 9. I was such a big fan that I spent a fortune going to see him at a World Cup game!

If we are strictly talking about Liverpool, it would have to be from the era where we were dominating and it wasn’t such a crime to have a soft spot.

I though McManaman was a quality player who remains underrated to this day. I also was able to appreciate what a good player Hyypia was and how they got him to cheap.
My daughter has met him and his wife on holiday and reckons they’re really nice people.

Accent aside, I quite enjoy his studio punditry. I really wish he’d stay off co-commentating though.

Revaulx

Tony Currie. I wish it had been us rather than Leeds that had signed him from Sheffield United.

I found Ray Houghton hard to dislike even though he played for Liverpool. Imagine my delight when Souness binned him off to Villa; Liverpool struggled in his absence while Villa propspered.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Have to join in with those who say Kante. The guy seems to be a class act.

abundance

Supports
Inter
If you like football, you just cannot not have the utmost respect and admiration for Paolo Maldini.

2005 CL final was the sweetest schadenfreude of the millennium for an Inter fan, yet that night a part of me couldn't shake being so sad for old man Maldini - for if Milan won that trophy with him scoring the oldest CL final goal ever in the very first minute of the game, most probably he would've finally won such a deserved Ballon d'Or that year.

Regarding Juventus, I have an almost maldinesque level of reverence for the figure of Gaetano Scirea, even if I was just barely too young to see him on the field.