Your ideal 11 - 2018/19 and outs (being realistic)

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
The fact you have Smalling, Pogba, Martial on 'out' and at just 20m, 60m and 50m respectively, makes this list a deadwood and gives us a reason why you shouldn't be taken seriously.
You think they’d be worth more given the salaries each are earning?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Will kick this off:

Definite outs: Darmian, Blind, Jones, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini
Other outs: Shaw (dependant on signing Sessegnon), Mata, Smalling (dependant on CBs signed) Herrera (dependant on CMs signed) Martial (purely as not going to be played up front, not the same on wing, its him OR Rashford for me in the squad). Personally would love to get rid of Lukaku, hate him, never happening though
(£200m odd raised)

Ins:
LB: Sessegnon
CB: Toby Alderweireld
CM: Kimmich (also can cover Valencia at RB) or Paredes or Santiago Ascaciba
CM2: Alan Guimaraes or Ruben Neves
RW: Dybala or Malcom
(£300m odd cost)

11 out 5 in £150m spend

De Gea

Valencia Alderweireld Bailly Sessegnon

Matic

Kimmich Pogba

Dybala Sanchez

Lukaku (have to be realistic, would rather not)

Second 11

Romero

Mensah (though Kimmich cover) Tuanzabe Lindelof Young

McTominay

Perreira Guimaraes

Lingard Angel Gomes

Rashford

Also think there are youth players good enough next season to be called up to the squad in cases of an injury crisis.....Laird, Mitchell, RoShaun Williams, Gribbin, Chong and next season maybe even Mason Greenwood
Out: Blind, Darmian, Rojo
In: Alex Sandro, Toby Alderweireld and a midfielder.

The midfielder should be a player with work rate and intensity and more importantly ability to make our play click on the last third. A go to guy. Like Scholes was. Not many players like that, to be fair. Real Madrid have Modric and Kroos. Atletico Madrid have Koke. Tottenham have Eriksen. City de Bruyne. (Not all of these have work rate and intensity.)

I’m not sure if that guy is Ruben Neves, Fred or Serri, but it would mean a lot.

And if we sell Martial I hope we get a left footed attacker with pace and good off the ball movement.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Squad GK's (3)
De Gea
Romero
Periera (home grown & Club Developed)

Center backs (5)
Bailey
Alderweirald
Jones (home grown)
Lindeloff
Rojo

Full Backs (4)
Valencia
Young (hone grown)
Henrichs
Shaw (home grown)

Central Midfielders (6)
Matic
Mctominy (home grown & club developed)
Milinkovich Savic
Herrera
Pogba
Pereira (home grown & club developed)

Attacking midfield / wide players (5)
Sanchez
Lingaard (home grown & club developed)
Martial
Mata
Brandt

Strikers (2)... as martial can also play there
Lukaku
Rashford (home grown and club developed)

Underage players who would be in / around the match squad or loaned out
Tuanzbe, TFM, Gomez, Chong

In / Spend
Alderweireld... Circa £50m wages probably £150k
Henrichs.........Circa £30m wages probably £100k
Milinkovich......Circa £80m wages probably £150k
Brandt............Circa £20m wages probably £150k (feel low due to buy out clause but equally wages likely to be high)

Total around £180m spend with wages of around £550k per week

Out
Johnson.... Circa £5m wages probably £5k
Smalling... circa £15m wages probably £80k
Blind....... Circa £10m wages probably £75K
Darmian....Circa £10m wages circa 80K
Carrick .....0 wages circa £80k
Fellaini......0 wages circa £80K

Total around £40m with wages savings of around £400k pw

Net spend £180m and wages increase around £150k per week (plus probably new contracts / rises for Rashford, Mctominy etc)

--------------------------------------------De Gea----------------------------------------------
Henrichs-----------Alderweireld------------------------------Bailly-----------------Shaw
--------------------------------------------Matic-----------------------------------------------
---------------------Milinkovich-------------------------------Pogba---------------------------
----------Sanchez------------------------Lukaku-----------------------Martial------------------

Subs: Romero, Jones, Valencia, Herrera, Mata, Lingaard, Rashford
Squad: Periera, Lindeloff, Rojo, Mctominy, Periera, Young, Brandt
Young Playes close to squad: Henderson, Tuanzebe, Borthwick, Boonen, Gribbin, Gomez, Chong

Janson

Will kick this off:

Definite outs: Darmian, Blind, Jones, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini
Other outs: Shaw (dependant on signing Sessegnon), Mata, Smalling (dependant on CBs signed) Herrera (dependant on CMs signed) Martial (purely as not going to be played up front, not the same on wing, its him OR Rashford for me in the squad). Personally would love to get rid of Lukaku, hate him, never happening though
(£200m odd raised)

Ins:
LB: Sessegnon
CB: Toby Alderweireld
CM: Kimmich (also can cover Valencia at RB) or Paredes or Santiago Ascaciba
CM2: Alan Guimaraes or Ruben Neves
RW: Dybala or Malcom
(£300m odd cost)

11 out 5 in £150m spend

De Gea

Valencia Alderweireld Bailly Sessegnon

Matic

Kimmich Pogba

Dybala Sanchez

Lukaku (have to be realistic, would rather not)

Second 11

Romero

Mensah (though Kimmich cover) Tuanzabe Lindelof Young

McTominay

Perreira Guimaraes

Lingard Angel Gomes

Rashford

Also think there are youth players good enough next season to be called up to the squad in cases of an injury crisis.....Laird, Mitchell, RoShaun Williams, Gribbin, Chong and next season maybe even Mason Greenwood
Martial is not a striker and he would never even get to play there if he stayed, doesn't make sense. If he were to leave, it wouldn't be because he's a striker, that's for sure. And why would we sell Smalling? You want to get rid of Lukaku, our best attacker?

You'd think one would stop reading at this point, but that second lineup, you can't be serious. We would get relegated even from the championship with that team.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think the first question to ask is:

Can we build a strong enough team to beat City for the league?

If the answer is no, then why change anything? Seriously.. (as depressing as that is). Pragmatically, we're going to finish 2nd in the league and the CL is always a bit of a lottery anyway.

Therefore, the only real option seems to be to stick or twist and if we twist then we're likely having to play Moneyball tactics:

- Alderweild is available cheap
- Greizman is available 'cheap'
- Umtiti is available 'cheap'
- Bale might be available cheap

Who else?

- Jonny Evans at £3m is cheap
- Tiernney would maybe be cheapish as we could put the pressure on Celtic

---------------Lukaku
--Sanchez---Greizman---Bale
-----------Pogba-----Matic
Young----Umtiti-----Bailey--Valencia
---------------De Gea

Injuries aside, could that team compete with City for the league? Maybe.
Hasn’t worked out to well for Arsenal buddy. Plus who’d not want to roll the dice and try and catch City? Fergie did it to Jose at Chelsea when they looked a better team than City now. Plus if we don’t spend money that us fans are putting in who does it go to? Are you Mr Glazer?

beingshe7don

***Mark my words***
1. Mourinho will lose the plot next season when things aren't going according to plan and we are still delivering poor performances and results.
2. He will turn against the fans and blame them for not providing enough motivation (Like as if with the amount of money they get paid, they need more motivation? Wish I could go up to my boss and say that I wasn't able to deliver on a presentation because I need some motivation and cheering up)
3. We'll probably not hit all our targets being the World Cup year and shorten transfer window which means that Jose will once again use that as a reason for not playing well and consequently not winning the league.
4. We are going to lose some real talented players like Martial and possibly even Pogba and retain players like Fellaini
5. Liverpool have the best strike force in European football and will add Naby Keita to their midfield next season. Their transition will be complete. They are the only team in the league that'll go toe to toe with City for the title next season.
6. Mourinho is NOT our manager. I'm willing to go trophyless another year if we get someone who can have our team play with the United DNA that SAF and all our intended that we play.

TrebleFan99

Squad GK's (3)
De Gea
Romero

Center backs (5)
Bailey
Alderweirald
Jones (home grown)
Lindeloff
Rojo

Full Backs (4)
Valencia
Young (hone grown)
Henrichs
Shaw (home grown)

Central Midfielders (6)
Matic
Milinkovich Savic
Herrera
Pogba

Sanchez
Martial
Mata
Brandt

Lukaku

In / Spend
Brandt............Circa £20m wages probably £150k (feel low due to buy out clause but equally wages likely to be high)

Out

Net spend £180m and wages increase around £150k per week (plus probably new contracts / rises for Rashford, Mctominy etc)

--------------------------------------------De Gea----------------------------------------------
Henrichs-----------Alderweireld------------------------------Bailly-----------------Shaw
--------------------------------------------Matic-----------------------------------------------
---------------------Milinkovich-------------------------------Pogba---------------------------
----------Sanchez------------------------Lukaku-----------------------Martial------------------

Young Playes close to squad: Henderson, Tuanzebe, Borthwick, Boonen, Gribbin, Gomez, Chong
That post is an awful lot of work to end up with Luke Shaw in the starting 11.

He’s the first out the door and rightfully so. Back to the drawing board.

Mcking

You think they’d be worth more given the salaries each are earning?
It might be okay to sell Martial for that price, but for Pogba and Smalling, they are comfortably worth more. Pogba and Smalling are the backbone of the midfield and defence resp, the players we should build the team from. Selling them will be plain stupidity.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
It might be okay to sell Martial for that price, but for Pogba and Smalling, they are comfortably worth more. Pogba and Smalling are the backbone of the midfield and defence resp, the players we should build the team from. Selling them will be plain stupidity.
Building a team around Smalling? Really?!? Sorry I’m hoping to win the league again..... Smalling shouldn’t be anywhere near our first 11 next season. As for Pogba, he’s not dependable, we can’t have a team built around a player who plays when he feels like it. If we can get more for them great but I very much doubt it....

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Alderweireld for centre back.
Sandro for left back.
Bellerin for right back.
Rakitic for midfield
Backup striker. Maybe dembele?

Out:
Jones. One defender must go if we buy another. He is best choice.
Shaw. He can't make it here
Darmian, fellaini. Not good enough
Blind. Not suited for england. Would be great in spain
Lingard( just personal wish, i know it will not happen)

De gea
Bellerin alderweireld bailly sandro
Matic
Rakitic Pogba
Sanchez lukaku martial

jesperjaap

Martial is not a striker and he would never even get to play there if he stayed, doesn't make sense. If he were to leave, it wouldn't be because he's a striker, that's for sure. And why would we sell Smalling? You want to get rid of Lukaku, our best attacker?

You'd think one would stop reading at this point, but that second lineup, you can't be serious. We would get relegated even from the championship with that team.
I would want to sell Smalling because he has been at the club for many years now and is a liability in possesion and a very average defender. The only good season he has had with us was when the boss changed his name to Mike! What do you mean, why would I want to sell Smalling, you say that as if it is shocking, do you rate him then?
And if our best attacker is somebody who cant even control a ball coming into him when marked tightly then we need to worry. Lukaku must be the worst first choice striker we have had since Fergies early days at the club. He gets goals and when he is really on it at hist best he is good, which is generally obvious within 15mins of a game.....when he isnt at his best he is absolutely awful, that isnt good enough for a striker at our club and a striker that has cost that much money to have probably 60% of the games he plays being awful.
As for the second eleven, that is the second eleven players in a squad of 25, it is the kind of side that would get put out in the Carling Cup. Interesting you say that second eleven would get relegated from the championship...actually its not interesting, it is utter nonsense

I should have stopped reading when you said Martial is not a striker...where did he start when he first played for us and which period was he at his best for us....yes his first season....as a striker.

Rojofiam

I should have stopped reading when you said Martial is not a striker...where did he start when he first played for us and which period was he at his best for us....yes his first season....as a striker.
Not true. Martial only played upfront in the first 1-2 months after he joined. He has played on the left for us ever since.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Formation: 3-4-2-1

Would this squad be able to challenge on all fronts?

CB

RCB: Bailly/Lindelof
CB: Alderweirald/Smalling
LCB: Sakho/Rojo

In: Alderweirald, Sakho
Out: Blind, Jones

WB

LWB: Telles/Sandro,
RWB: Pereira/Cancelo, Valencia, Young

In: Sandro or Telles, Ricardo Pereira or Cancelo
Out: Darmian, Shaw

CM

DLP: Matic, Neves
B2B: Fred, Herrera, McTominay

In: Ruben Neves, Fred
Out: Carrick

AM

AML: Sanchez, Rashford, Andreas Perreira
AMR: SMS, Lingard

In: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Out: Mata, Pogba, Fellaini

CF

ST: Lukaku, Mertens, Rashford

In: Dries Mertens
Out: Martial

Total In:
£25m (Mertens) + £70m (SMS) + £30m (Neves) + £40m (Fred) + £40m (Sandro) or £25m (Telles) + £25m (Pereira/Cancelo) + £30m (Alderweireld) + £20m (Sakho)
= £265m (Telles) to £280m (Sandro)

Total Out:
£40m (Martial) + £20m (Mata) + £100m (Pogba) + £0 (Fellaini, Carrick) + £10m (Darmian) + £10m (Blind) + £20m (Shaw) + £20m (Jones)
= £220m

IMO, would be great if this happens as it will solve all our issues:
  • We get rid of the unused players - Blind, Darmian
  • We lose all the luxury left-sided players Mou clearly has a problem with - Shaw, Pogba, Martial
  • We replace our crowded but 2nd rate trequartista position - Mata, Fellaini, Martial, Pogba
  • We get rid of players most United fans aren't thrilled with - Jones, Fellaini, Darmian
I know it's unlikely that we do a clear-out. That we lose Pogba so soon. That Mata & Jones are shown the door having played quite a bit this season. That we buy Sakho.

But I just feel this formation & squad will play to the strengths of our manager, remaining players & fans demands for free-flowing attacking football.

What do you guys think?

klsv

Love the line-ups that suggest we replace the whole back line and just shove four new defenders in front of De Gea, while totally ignoring the fact that our best RW is Timmy from the U13's.

luke511

In: Fekir, Ndombele, Saul Niguez, Tierney

Out: Fellaini, Mata, Darmian, Blind, Carrick

De Gea
Valencia Bailly Smalling Tierney
Saul Niguez
Ndombele Pogba
Fekir Lukaku Sanchez
I wouldn't mind a new RB but that will probably be at the bottom of priorities for Mourinho.

Last edited:

ash_86

In: Willian, Fred, Sandro, Sidibe, Alderwi
Out: Blind, Darmian, Martial, Shaw

DGG
Sidibe Alderweireld Bailly Sandro

Matic
Fred Pogba

WIllian Lukaku Alexis

beingshe7don

Doucoure/ Fred
Milinkovic-Savic/ Kovacic
Sandro/ Tierney
Muenier

We seek to be resigned to losing Martial, would like to get Douglas Costa

We need to employ a more pressing style when we don't have the ball. Our players are completely cold when we start the game. They need to inject some form of urgency.

Van Gaalacticos

De Gea/Romero

New RB/Valencia
Bailly/Smalling/Lindelof
Jones/Rojo
New LB/Shaw or Young(if we sell or loan out Shaw)

Matic/McTominay
Pogba/Mata/Fellaini
New CM/Herrera

Sanchez/Pereira?
Lukaku/Rashford
Lingard/Martial

Don't think we need a new CB but if Alderweireld is available then I would take him as he makes our 1st team stronger but I'm happy with Bailly, Jones, Smalling and Rojo. Not overly keen on Lindelof so far but willing to see if he comes good. If Alderweireld did come in then we should loan Lindelof out.

At RB and LB I don't watch enough European football to say much about the options many others are saying but I'd be happy with them if they are an improvement on what we have though when I've seen Tierney I haven't been convinced he's good enough for us. I'd happily take one of Rose or Trippier at Spurs if we could pressure them to let one go. Want to see Valencia and Young stay due to their experience as well though.

In central midfield I think Ruben Neves has shown obvious quality and I can see the Mourinho/Mendes link working for us there.

In terms of the wingers I don't see an issue with Sanchez, Martial, Lingard and Rashford all rotating there with Pereira given his opportunity in the 1st team squad as another option. I'm not sure who we realistically get who is better than who we have. I'd look to move Mata to CM for games where we will be in control of possession.

Ins
RB???
LB???
Neves
Alderweireld if available

Outs
Blind - Good utility player but unfair to keep him if won't play.
Darmian - Hasn't worked out for him here.
Shaw - I'd look to loan him out for 6 months to one season and see if he can recapture some form if Mourinho is that uncomfortable with him in the squad and re-asses the situation in the future.
Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe out on loan if we can't get them much game time here.
Carrick Retiring

It seems likely that Martial will go in which case a new winger would be needed. Is Griezmann a realistic option? Can also play up front. I think Fellaini will and should get a new deal as he is a useful player to have and has done well for us when called upon.

Crashoutcassius

Wonder can we either recoup cash for martial or swap him. He is leaving either way so need to maximise this. Swap for William might make sense given that martial is leaving whatever we do.

Savic looks a bit like a transfer saga to me, one that won't happen. He is being hyped as the ultimate midfielder, the prices throw around are very unrealistic. I think Lazio will try all summer to get the nuts fee and in typical mourinho fashion we will just sign a lower key signing out of the blue, eg fred.

In defence hard to say what will happen. Did Alex sandro start getting back in the juve team in the end ? Could see mourinho bringing in some more surprising left back or right back in the bailly mould as well. Could also see him trusting Valencia beyond this season.

Could easily see us signing alderwereld given his wage situation too.

jesperjaap

Interesting to see what happens in the summer. SO many people early on here saying wont be so many ins and outs, not realistic blah blah yet more and more rumours of Fellaini, Carrick, Blind, Darmian, Shaw, Martial moving on already

Woziak

Hopefully Jose will forget about 4-2-3-1 and play a more dynamic 4-1-2-3 with genuine elite level players in the front 5 positions. We desperately need a left footed upgrade on Mata that plays narrow from the right side but to play in Jose's version of the 4-1-2-3 we need major upgrades at Wing Back on both sides but Young and Valencia will share that roll next season as we try to play a variation which will be more of a 4-1-2-2-1 formation.
Dream United Team 2018-19 first 11
D Dea Gea
A Young E Bailey J Boatang* A Sandro*
N Matic
S Milinokovic Savic* P Pogba
P Dybala* A Sanchez
R Lukaku

Reserve 11
S Romero
A Valencia V Linderlof P Jones L Shaw
A Herrera
A Pereira Fred*
J Mata J Lingard
M Rashford

Genuine competition with T Chong, A Gomez, TFM, J Pereira and S McTominay creating a squad of 27 And you could easily see Rashford taking Lukaku's place or Fred dislodging Matic or Pogba from the team.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
In:
Alderweireld/Umtiti
Milinkovic Savic
Jorginho
Alex Sandro

Out:
Blind
Darmian
Shaw
Smalling
Carrick(retired)

Litch

Don't want to be realistic cause it's too depressing. We have lots of solid experienced players and we now need WC quality. Got a feeling we are going to end up with more of the same yet potentially lose the little quality we may actually have. Pogba and Martial divide opinions but their ceilings are high and have shown moments of genuine wc quality, I sense if the money is right we might have seen the last of at least one of these players.

iamkiranks

De Gea
Valencia, Bailly, New CB, New LB
Matic
New CM, Pogba
New RM, Lukaku, Alexis
Goalkeeper

• Romero will leave in the summer. He's a decent keeper, who can be a first choice for a mid table club. He doesn't have any chance at United with Dave staying. Yes Dave will sign the new contract:cool:
  • Pereira will be promoted to 2nd choice. I really don't care much about who our 3rd choice will be. May be Henderson

Defence

• I think 2018/19 will be Valencia's last season at United. We will replace him in 2019 summer.
  • We need to find a proper partner for Bailly, preferrably Alderwiereld, whom we can get for 40-50m because of his contract issues.
  • Although I personally want Shaw to be our first choice LB next season, I don't think he has any future at the club. So Jose will buy a new LB, Sandro or Ghulam imo.
  • Young will be used at LB as the second choice. But going by the past, he'll bench the new LB and make the position his own, again. :confused:
  • 2 of Jones, Rojo and Smalling will be sold if we bring in a new CB and obviously, Darmian and Blind are on their way out. I see another loan spell for Tuanzebe. TFM will come back and will have games here and there at RB.

Midfield

• We need to bring in 2 CMs.
  • One, who is a CDM, who can play the Matic role in his absence, as well as the Herrera role. I prefer Jorginho, but his comments about his desire to play in a high pressing team is a bit of a concern. Hopefully with Medes' contacts and decent money involved, we can seal it.
  • The 2nd should be a proper box-to-box player. Savic would be perfect option, but his price may be a bit of a problem.
  • Also, Pereira is not coming back
  • Being realistic, I think we'll end up with Fred and Fellaini staying :rolleyes:

Attack

• Martial will be sold. Alexis will be our first choice LW. So, definitely Tony won't get much playing time.
  • I would like us to bring in a new RM, may be Willian. If not, someone in his kind of mould who can put in decent crosses for Lukaku. Mata will be sold in that case.
  • ST position will be handled by Lukaku and Rashford. Marcus will play at LW and RW also.

In short, our Squad will probably look like this:

De Gea, Pereira, Henderson/New Young Keeper

Valencia, Bailly, New CB, Lindelof, Smalling/Jones/Rojo, TFM, Young, New LB

Matic, Herrera, Pogba, McTominay, Jorginho/Fred, Fellaini/Savic.

Alexis, Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku, New RM/Mata

MuranoLover

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Lindelof Rojo

Matic

Sanchez Pogba Martial

Lukaku

I don't need new players , I just need those to click

laughtersassassin

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Lindelof Rojo

Matic

Sanchez Pogba Martial

Lukaku

I don't need new players , I just need those to click

So you want to play a 33 year old Valencia with bad knees at right back and a centre Back at left back? Yeah that will go very well.

jesperjaap

De Gea
Valencia, Bailly, New CB, New LB
Matic
New CM, Pogba
New RM, Lukaku, Alexis
Goalkeeper

• Romero will leave in the summer. He's a decent keeper, who can be a first choice for a mid table club. He doesn't have any chance at United with Dave staying. Yes Dave will sign the new contract:cool:
  • Pereira will be promoted to 2nd choice. I really don't care much about who our 3rd choice will be. May be Henderson

Defence

• I think 2018/19 will be Valencia's last season at United. We will replace him in 2019 summer.
  • We need to find a proper partner for Bailly, preferrably Alderwiereld, whom we can get for 40-50m because of his contract issues.
  • Although I personally want Shaw to be our first choice LB next season, I don't think he has any future at the club. So Jose will buy a new LB, Sandro or Ghulam imo.
  • Young will be used at LB as the second choice. But going by the past, he'll bench the new LB and make the position his own, again. :confused:
  • 2 of Jones, Rojo and Smalling will be sold if we bring in a new CB and obviously, Darmian and Blind are on their way out. I see another loan spell for Tuanzebe. TFM will come back and will have games here and there at RB.

Midfield

• We need to bring in 2 CMs.
  • One, who is a CDM, who can play the Matic role in his absence, as well as the Herrera role. I prefer Jorginho, but his comments about his desire to play in a high pressing team is a bit of a concern. Hopefully with Medes' contacts and decent money involved, we can seal it.
  • The 2nd should be a proper box-to-box player. Savic would be perfect option, but his price may be a bit of a problem.
  • Also, Pereira is not coming back
  • Being realistic, I think we'll end up with Fred and Fellaini staying :rolleyes:

Attack

• Martial will be sold. Alexis will be our first choice LW. So, definitely Tony won't get much playing time.
  • I would like us to bring in a new RM, may be Willian. If not, someone in his kind of mould who can put in decent crosses for Lukaku. Mata will be sold in that case.
  • ST position will be handled by Lukaku and Rashford. Marcus will play at LW and RW also.

In short, our Squad will probably look like this:

De Gea, Pereira, Henderson/New Young Keeper

Valencia, Bailly, New CB, Lindelof, Smalling/Jones/Rojo, TFM, Young, New LB

Matic, Herrera, Pogba, McTominay, Jorginho/Fred, Fellaini/Savic.

Alexis, Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku, New RM/Mata
Although I dont agree with any of your choices for new signings, I do agree with th evast majority of your logic and thoughts regardign everything else....some of it sadly. I dont get peoples desperation to be rid of Valencia THIS summer, still has another season in him I think too and I actually think he has been one of the better players for us this season?
You could almost say the same for left back with Young and the fact we have a very talented second left back. You could say Shaw has ran out of chances...but how may chances has he had this last year, not forgetting last year was first back from a horrible injury.
I would like to see a new left back and perhaps a young right back signed as back up (Mensah ISNT a right back).....but Bailly needs a quality partner, he is still yet to prove himself but I think is the best we have amongst five VERY average and also injury plagued other choices, Lindelof hasnt really improved us at all thus year at least, and I fear ever will

Last edited:

Canagel

We need desperate injection of quality in midfield and defensive areas. After watching past few games it's become increasingly apparent how much quality we are lacking in both build up and carrying the ball with any kind of intensity.

DDG
Hysaj Bailly Alderweireld Sandro
Jorginho

Pogba Lemar
Mahrez
Lukaku Martial

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’ve changed my mind again as it looks like Jose may get mckenna as his assistant. This means I’d give up on a LB and give Shaw a chance with a more friendly coach

Toby A
Meunier
Neves
Koke or Saul
Wouldn’t say no to Mahrez if budget allowed
Give a few young ones a chance, Gomes, Chong etc

DDG
Meunier-TA-Smalling-Shaw
Matic
Saul-Pogba
Mahrez-Lukaku-Sanchez

ZombieFootball

Squad GK's (3)
De Gea
Romero

Center backs (5)
Bailey
Alderweirald
Jones (home grown)
Lindeloff
Rojo

Full Backs (4)
Valencia
Young (hone grown)
Henrichs
Shaw (home grown)

Central Midfielders (6)
Matic
Milinkovich Savic
Herrera
Pogba

Sanchez
Martial
Mata
Brandt

Lukaku

In / Spend

Out

That would be a very slow midfield, lacking mobilty and would get easily get overun. We need someone with good acceleration, agility and good creativity. I would also add that i think Shaw is done here, i would love Bernat for the left back spot. He's entering his prime years and is very good going forward. Would also add some much needed speed and agility.

Bwuk

According to that leaked Stephen Howson video from twitter, we've told 10 they can leave, and want to bring 5 in.

OUT; Darmian, Blind, Shaw, Fellaini, Martial, Carrick*, Mata, Smalling. Apparently Herrera wants to leave as well due to playing time.

We are rumoured to be after;

Savic, Willian, Sessegnon, Alderweireld and Neymar. Seems too good to be true!

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
--------------------Ronaldo--------
---Neymar---------Pogba-------Sanchez
-------------------------------------------
----------------Matic-------Herrera-------

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
---------------DDG-------------
-Meniuer-Toby-Bailly-Sandro-
---------------Matic------------
-------Milinkovic-Fred--------
---------------Pogba----------
---------Lukaku-Sanchez-----

jesperjaap

There's no way we'll buy more then 3 players this summer.
3/4 seems to be the norm but with Carrick, Fellaini, Darmian, Blind looking certain to leave and strong rumours over several others, would only take 2/3 more leaving and we would have to sign more you would think? Will get slated for this as its full Championship Manager and people will say unrealsitic (yes it is and will never happen) and what Lukakau is our top scorer and Herrera was player of the year last year, all that and you stil have Shaw etc etc.....but if it was up to me the dream would be:

Neymar £200m

Dybala £120m

Ascacibar £30m

Neves £40m

Henrichs £40m

Nunez £30m

Guimaraes £45m

£465m

Lukaku £90m

Martial £60m

Mata £15m

Herrera £25m

Darmian £15m

Blind £15m

Rojo £20m

Smalling 25m

£265m

DeGea/Romero

Valencia/Henrichs Bailly/Jones Nunez/Lindelof Shaw/Young

Matic/Ascacibar

Neves/McTominay Pogba/Guimaraes

Dybala/Lingard Sanchez/Angel Gomes

Neymar/Rashford

Other squad members

Fosuh Mensah

Perreira

Chong

Tuanzabe

Henrichs can play either flank so if Shaw doesnt perform I would expect him to start at left back with Shaw as cover and Young cover at right back. Tuanzabe/Fosuh Mensah as squad cover for any injuries with Jones/Bailly.

Perreira to get games if any of the new midfield signings struggle to settle, though any of the three can claim the third midfield spot and all totally different options as types of player. Lingard can also play there.

The front three Rashford/Neymar can both also play on the left if Sanchez is injured or struggles and Dybala can also play up front if needed too.

Pace, technical ability, energy, good balance of experience and youth and lots of different options with a front three to rival the best on the world. The only two concerns would be unproven, young midfielders from a different culture....but only one needs to be a hit alongside Matic and Pogba and its a good thing. The one thing missing for me possibly is a captain to really lead the side

jesperjaap

According to that leaked Stephen Howson video from twitter, we've told 10 they can leave, and want to bring 5 in.

OUT; Darmian, Blind, Shaw, Fellaini, Martial, Carrick*, Mata, Smalling. Apparently Herrera wants to leave as well due to playing time.

We are rumoured to be after;

Savic, Willian, Sessegnon, Alderweireld and Neymar. Seems too good to be true!
Just seen this, well if any truth in it, pretty close on outs with my last post and would be happy with them (even though Shaw is dissapointing though understandable and Martial dissapointing but a move is good for both parties I think sadly)

Could hardly be dissapointed with those ins either....though personally not sure SAvic is the answer to our midfield problem, also leaves us a bit light numbers wise which may be good for Perrira.
If we are signing Willian (not another ex Chelsea arghhh...do like him though) AND Neymar, where is Neymar playing....please be up front in place of Lukaku!

Wallez

I think Mourinho will do the necessary changes this summer.

Goalkeepers: De Gea hopefully stays, but I can see Romero leaving. Johnstone would be a decent backup, but should be sold for his own development. We would need a solid replacement for Romero, and Lukas Hradecky seems to be a good alternative. He is rated as one of the better Bundesliga goalies, and is out of contract this summer. Joel Pereira as third choice.

RB: Valencia is still solid, and I can see him being in our starting 11 one more season. He has declined slightly the last year, but I hope we prioritize signing a new LB. Young and TFM as backup will help push Valencia.

CB: Bailly is the only centre back that I fully trust in the big games. Lindelof is promising, but isn't ready to be our first choice yet. Smalling, Jones and Rojo are all limited and will sadly never be able to deliver consistently at the top level. I hope we pay the release clause for Umtiti who has been brilliant for Barcelona this season. Send Tuanzebe out on loan and sell Darmian and Rojo.

LB: Bring in Alex Sandro from Juventus, sell Shaw, Blind and CBJ. Young as backup.

CM: Matic and Pogba are world class players, but we need a third player to balance the team in a 433. Herrera could potentially take this role if he can get back to the level he showed last season. I would love us to bring in Ruben Neves who has been superb for Wolves this season. Fellaini should be given a new contract, as he is good enough as backup and would be very expensive to replace. McTominay will get his opportunities over a long season. Andreas Pereira probably needs to leave the club permanently to continue his development.

RW: a position that need strengthening. I would love to see Mahrez finally getting the big move he deserves, and I think he is exactly the player we need. Lingard and Mata as backup.

LW: Sanchez with Rashford as backup.

Striker: Lukaku will play most games, with Rashford as backup.

Best starting 11:
De Gea
Valencia - Bailly - Umtiti - Alex Sandro
Matic
Pogba - Ruben Neves
Mahrez - Lukaku - Sanchez

In:
Lukas Hradecky (free)
Alex Sandro (50 mill)
Samuel Umtiti (50 mill)
Ruben Neves (40 mill)
Riyad Mahrez (70 mill)
TFM (loan end)
Sum: 210 mill

Out:
Romero (10 mill)
Johnstone (10 mill)
Darmian (15 mill)
Rojo (10 mill)
Shaw (20 mill)
Blind (15 mill)
CBJ (0)
Carrick (0)
Andreas Pereira (10 mill)
Martial (50 mill)
Sum: 140 mill

Loan out:
Tuanzebe

Note that loans and transfers in/out will give us 3 fewer players in the squad. However, most of the players leaving have barely made the bench even when fit.