g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Your team/tactics vs Bayern

NessunDorma

..............................de gea...........................
Rafael.....Ferdinand.......vidic............buttner
..................Jones..............Carrick................
Valencia..............fellaini....................welbeck
..............................Rooney............................
defend and when the opportunity arises hope fellainis height gives us an out ball from defence.

Plus Rio vidic Jones Carrick fellaini and welbeck can pose a threat on any set pieces

And pray bayern have a bad day
I can't deny that i'd get a strange sort of satisfaction if we managed to beat Bayern by simply playing it long into Fellaini all night.
In fact, it'd be fecking hilarious.

thepolice123

De Gea
Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Buttner
Carrick
Jones - Kagawa
Valencia - Rooney - Welbeck

They have an obvious weakness on the left flank especially when Alaba tucks in midfield. We can exploit that with Valencia's workrate and pace. It also seems that they have problems defending crosses coming from the right. Dante is a beast in their air but he isn't that good when defending those crosses into the box. Welbeck attacking the far post against Lahm would already be an aerial mismatch.

Last edited:

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
-------------De gea-----------
----smalling-vidic-evans-----
-------------Carrick-----------
--------Rafael----jones-------
Rooney-----giggs------Welbz
-------------Fellaini------------

Last edited:

Blackwidow

They have an obvious weakness on the left flank especially when Alaba tucks in midfield. We can exploit that with Valencia's workrate and pace. It also seems that they have problems defending crosses coming from the right. Dante is a beast in their air but he isn't that good when defending those crosses into the box. Welbeck attacking the far post against Lahm would already be an aerial mismatch.
Dante is out for the first match. Boateng and Martinez will be the defenders. If Guardiola is more afraid of crosses than of fast moving forwards he might even pair Boateng with van Buyten. But Martinez is great in the air, too.

wonnie

Since RVP won't be available.

De Gea
Rafael Smalling Vidic Evans
Carrick Jones
Valencia Rooney Nani
Welbeck
It would be suicidal to go 4-2-3-1. As good and effective as the personnel would be.

I think front three will be Rooney, Welbeck and one of Valencia/Nani for pace and quick counter attacking ability.

Carrick with Jones and Fellaini either side of him wouldn't be the worst I'd imagine. Or possibly Giggs instead of Fellaini in a RCM role he played Madrid last year where he had a stormer.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
De Gea
Rafael Smalling Jones Evans
Carrick Fellaini
Nani Kagawa Welbeck
Rooney
Not going to happen

Varun

Staff
De Gea
Rafael Smalling Jones Evans
Carrick Fellaini
Nani Kagawa Welbeck
Rooney
Not going to happen
Exactly what I'd like to see.

Not going to happen though, I agree. We'l simply see Welbeck take RVP's spot.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
-------------Dave
-Rafael---Jones---Vidic---Evans
------------Fellaini
---------Carrick--Giggs
Valencia---------------Welbeck
-------------Rooney

Pretty much the same as the other night except without RVP we can bolster the midfield. Evans comes in for Evra.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
-------------Dave
-Rafael---Jones---Vidic---Evans
------------Fellaini
---------Carrick--Giggs
Valencia---------------Welbeck
-------------Rooney

Pretty much the same as the other night except without RVP we can bolster the midfield. Evans comes in for Evra.
Good team might prefer Smalling in and Jones pushed up into midfield instead of Giggs. Or Smalling right back and Rafael left back to give us pace at both full back positions.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
.................................De Gea...................................

Jones........Smalling..........Rio...........Vidic.............Evans

..........................Carrick.....Fellaini.............................

.................................Rooney..................................

..........................RVP...........Welbeck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Welbeck attacking the far post against Lahm would already be an aerial mismatch.
Think you're being a little harsh on Welbeck there & under rating his aerial ability! ;)

Good team though. Just not sure about Buttner & Kagawa. (Especially the away leg. Might be tempted to throw Fellaini in - 3 of Carrick, Jones, Fellaini, Giggs might be our best bet).

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Fantastic. I came in here to post about Rafael slotting in a left back. His brother could do it, Irwin could do it, so why not him? My only change(s) would be Valencia at right back and maybe Jones in midfield for Fellaini. There is something about Jones playing in midfield in big games that seems to work. Animal.

DFreshKing

DDG
Valencia Smalling Evans Rafael
Jones Fellani
Kagawa
Nani Rooney Welbeck
Plenty of pace for defensive cover and fast counters. Strength and power through the team.

Technical ability in the front four.​

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
It would be suicidal to go 4-2-3-1. As good and effective as the personnel would be.

I think front three will be Rooney, Welbeck and one of Valencia/Nani for pace and quick counter attacking ability.

Carrick with Jones and Fellaini either side of him wouldn't be the worst I'd imagine. Or possibly Giggs instead of Fellaini in a RCM role he played Madrid last year where he had a stormer.
I have lined them that way. I basically want Rooney and the wide players to drop deep to help out in defence. A 4-5-1 basically.

I would be shit scared of starting Fellaini in the midfield. I don't see him surviving beyond an hour with his fouling tendencies. I know this won't be popular, but the only place I would start him is up top in RVP's absence. His ability to chest and hold the ball up top could prove to be crucial. If Moyes is not comfortable with starting Nani on the left and wants Welbeck there, then Afro won't be a bad option, imo.

De Gea
Rafael Smalling Vidic Evans
Valencia Carrick Rooney Jones Nani
Welbeck​

or

De Gea
Rafael Evans Smalling Evra
Valencia Carrick Rooney Jones Welbeck
Fellaini
Anyways, discipline would be key in this contest. Confidence and discipline is something we have lacked throughout the entire campaign. Would have to dig deep to find them for these two ties. A repeat of the 2008 Barca semi performances would be fantastic.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Dante is out for the first match. Boateng and Martinez will be the defenders. If Guardiola is more afraid of crosses than of fast moving forwards he might even pair Boateng with van Buyten. But Martinez is great in the air, too.
:confused: When did I write that?

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I would be shit scared of starting Fellaini in the midfield. I don't see him surviving beyond an hour with his fouling tendencies.
It's a valid concern, but then I'm not happy with Jones-Carrick in midfield either. Jones would not want the ball against a pressing Bayern side, so we'd essentially be playing with Carrick in midfield by himself when we're in possession. And he's not in the same form as he was last year, when that wouldn't have been such a bad thing. (Rooney dropping deep obviously helps, but I'd still worry when we're in possession).

Jones would bring a lot defensively though, so it would be an option to play him but I think you'd also need two genuine midfielders alongside him. Push Rooney further forward - no reason not to in Van Persie's absence. So two of Clev/Fellaini/Carrick alongside Jones.

I think Welbeck often struggles on the left but he was excellent there against Madrid last season - he has to play there against Bayern too. If Nani does miraculously come back into contention then it's surely Tony V who should miss out.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
It's a valid concern, but then I'm not happy with Jones-Carrick in midfield either. Jones would not want the ball against a pressing Bayern side, so we'd essentially be playing with Carrick in midfield by himself when we're in possession. And he's not in the same form as he was last year, when that wouldn't have been such a bad thing. (Rooney dropping deep obviously helps, but I'd still worry when we're in possession).

Jones would bring a lot defensively though, so it would be an option to play him but I think you'd also need two genuine midfielders alongside him. Push Rooney further forward - no reason not to in Van Persie's absence. So two of Clev/Fellaini/Carrick alongside Jones.

I think Welbeck often struggles on the left but he was excellent there against Madrid last season - he has to play there against Bayern too. If Nani does miraculously come back into contention then it's surely Tony V who should miss out.
I would have started Cleverley that played in the City, Chelsea or Real games last season. Which would have meant that Jones is available to start in place of Vidic in central defence (Not a fan of his signing for Inter mid-season). This seasons Cleverley....I am not too sure, man. He is seriously bereft of confidence and seems to doubt his own ability at the moment. Believing in your talent makes you confident and I don't think he does at the moment. Jones as I think will be our best option. Rooney dropping deep should allow him to defer the ball to him in addition to Carrick.

I think we would need Tony V's ability to track back and also help out in the midfield. Rafael can be erratic in big games and having Valencia would definitely help him.

Good Nani for these two legs and Welbeck playing with composure up top is our best chance to succeed. Of course with a disciplined midfield and defence.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
De Gea

Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Buttner

Carrick - Jones

Cleverley - Fellaini - Welbeck

Rooney​

RooneyLegend

I'd set the team out super attacking. Show them we have no fear. No defensive wingers, no double pivots just flat out attacking football at a place that's seen plenty of it over the years. We're nowhere near organised enough to hold our shores and defend so why bother? They'll just do to us what city did. Go for a high scoring win. Against a pep team hardwork and a lot of technical players are needed as space will be at a premium. We need players whole be able to navigate their way through the tight spaces. Play one touch football and realest rooney in some channels where he'll play the final ball or take them on by himself and create a shot. We're most likely gonna lose so why not give them a look they haven't seen all season?
----------------------DDG------------------------
Rafael------Jones------Evans-------Buttner
---------------Fellaini-Kagawa
------Januzaj-----Mata------Nani
--------------------Rooney-----------------------
If we play a less talented side which we'll be presumably doing so to play the hardworkers we're gonna struggle to move the ball from the back to front.

Do it moyes, go all guns blazing and let's beat these cnuts. A raucous atmosphere at old trafford is needed, rooney should set the tone and let's play through them like a great ball playing side. Let's expose the flaws of their high line with great football. Let's do this!

Blue always red

I'd set the team out super attacking. Show them we have no fear. No defensive wingers, no double pivots just flat out attacking football at a place that's seen plenty of it over the years. We're nowhere near organised enough to hold our shores and defend so why bother? They'll just do to us what city did. Go for a high scoring win. Against a pep team hardwork and a lot of technical players are needed as space will be at a premium. We need players whole be able to navigate their way through the tight spaces. Play one touch football and realest rooney in some channels where he'll play the final ball or take them on by himself and create a shot. We're most likely gonna lose so why not give them a look they haven't seen all season?
----------------------DDG------------------------
Rafael------Jones------Evans-------Buttner
---------------Fellaini-Kagawa
------Januzaj-----Mata------Nani
--------------------Rooney-----------------------
If we play a less talented side which we'll be presumably doing so to play the hardworkers we're gonna struggle to move the ball from the back to front.

Do it moyes, go all guns blazing and let's beat these cnuts. A raucous atmosphere at old trafford is needed, rooney should set the tone and let's play through them like a great ball playing side. Let's expose the flaws of their high line with great football. Let's do this!
It would be suicide to play that team and formation. No team in the world, apart from maybe Barca, could share equal amounts of possession with Bayern so playing such a defensively weak team would just lead to us crumbling under their sustained onslaughts and then if we did manage to nick the ball we wouldn't have anybody to distribute it properly and Kagawa would be muscled off the ball. Playing on the counter would be suicide because we'd be penned in and the only players quick enough over the ground to hit them before they regroup are Nani and Rooney so it'd require perfect play between them both or we'd end up doing what we've done countless times this season and thats getting the ball up the pitch only to stop and turn around to wait for the rest of them to move up the field.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
With Mata ineligable I think we'll be forced to rely on Giggs for our creative spark, either that or Rooney will play the trequartista role as our creative fulcrum.

I think the best idea is to hide Giggs in a midfield 3. We have to keep it low scoring.