Youth Cup

jb8521

King blocks down a pass near the half way line runs through and rides a couple of tackles and finishes well to make it 4-0

datura

And Burnley down to 10 as Anderson gets sent off for his second bookable offence in the 2nd half, chopping down Keane who would have been through.

Cofie forces a save from the keeper showing good strength and pace.

datura

5-1 FT

Probably not reflective of the balance of play, we missed about 3/4 chances we normally would have taken and it was far too easy. Impressive performances all round, especially the front 6. Petrucci looked dangerous and creative after a few fairly quiet performances, King looked a real threat with his pace, power and directness and a great touch on the ball.

I thought Larnell Cole was excellent too, 2 assists, worked hard and got in some great positions and showed some great footwork at times. He's come on well this season, if he develops physically he could be one to look out for.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Men against boys. Very enjoyable but you learn nothing new. Only downers are the injurie/s to King and maybe petrucci (it's unclear). Second half we created so many chances it could easily have got into double figures

muller

4-1 Burnley get a consolation after a poor punch from Devlin.
I wouldn't say it was a poor punch at all, the Burnley player clearly impeded Devlin from getting the ball. No eyes on the ball either, just getting in the way.

We waste so many chances, but play some fantastic football.

CallyRed

I hope they meet Leyton Orient in the next round, I live not far from the O's, and I'll get to watch the youngsters in action!!

Striker10

I might be wrong but I think we've got blackburn? I think, not 100% sure so maybe someone can confirm either way

jb8521

Crap quality cos its recorded on my phone but cant find my camera

Virtuoso

Top performance, absolutely brilliant goals.

Great to see Petrucci returning back to very good form after his injury, same goes for King who was exhilarating down the left.

cj_sparky

Cheers for the vids, looks like we had some cracking play and the goals are all good quality.

PS18

Yeah, cheers for the vids. Went to Turf Moor but ended up missing the first 35 minutes thanks to the bloody trains so missed those first three goals - good to finally get to see them.

Hard to comment on the performance having only really seen the second half, where there was an element of going through the motions. Very handy result though, promising signs. Fingers crossed King doesn't miss any more games through injury.

SecondFig

Great vid' charleysurf, cheers for that. And good performance too, great to see Petrucci back on form after his return and good to see King back and scoring too.

Anyone know if King's knock in the second half was serious? Any news?

MPTutd

I am hoping that King is not too badly injured. Could it be more a precaution than anything else?. We were 4-0 at the time!.

Striker10

I am hoping that King is not too badly injured. Could it be more a precaution than anything else?. We were 4-0 at the time!.
It looked like a nothing tackle, that's the crazy part but hopefully as you say with him returning from injury we're taking precautions. He did look to be feelign something though. Fingers crossed it's not too bad

Decotron

MEN match report
Burnley Youth 1 United Youth 5
January 14, 2010

UNITED'S latest batch of young starlets marched confidently into the last 16 of the FA Youth Cup at an icy Turf Moor on Wednesday night.

Paul McGuinness's side were too slick for the Clarets and had the game as good as won with barely a half hour played.

Skipper Davide Petrucci put the Reds in front in the 22nd minute and the advantage was doubled six minutes later when Joshua King found the net with an angled drive. William Keane grabbed United's third with an inch perfect lob over goalkeeper Danny MacDonald.

King claimed his second six minutes after the restart before Burnley defender Tom Anderson was dismissed for a second bookable offence.

Joe McKee scored in the 84th minute to give home fans something to cheer, but United had the last word when Keane netted with two minutes remaining.

United will now play Blackburn Rovers or Leyton Orient in the fifth round.

UNITED: Devlin, Massacci (Fornasier 75), Ajose, Wootton, McGinty, Tunnicliffe, Cole, Pogba, W Keane , Petrucci (Lingard 68), King Cofie 63). Subs not used: Johnstone, Hussain.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Men against boys. Very enjoyable but you learn nothing new. Only downers are the injurie/s to King and maybe petrucci (it's unclear). Second half we created so many chances it could easily have got into double figures
Petrucci was holding his groin when he came off.

I rarely hype players up as it does them no favours.....but I thought Will Keane has the makings of a very good player and Josh King is the best forward I have seen come through the youth team since Norman Whiteside.

68-99-08

Petrucci was holding his groin when he came off.

I rarely hype players up as it does them no favours.....but I thought Will Keane has the makings of a very good player and Josh King is the best forward I have seen come through the youth team since Norman Whiteside.
Admittedly havent seen that much of King to comment on his potential, but really? That good?

Girish II

Yes, his movement and touch is very mature for his age, let's hope he stays injury free for the remainder of the season.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Great Highlights, thanks Girish.