Zarate wants prem return - agent

GIT Z RED

ZARATE WANTS PREM RETURN - AGENT
Posted 14/01/10 11:47

Barclays Premier League.

Mauro Zarate is looking for a return to the Premier League, with "some big clubs" interested, according to the Lazio forward's representative.

Arsenal have been strongly linked with the Argentine star, but it is also now understood that Manchester City and Chelsea are closely monitoring the situation and could make a move.

Zarate has been a big success in Italy with Lazio, who he joined in 2008 - following a loan stint with Birmingham City.

The 22-year-old forward has had his differences with coach Davide Ballardini, and Zarate is ready to move on.

Lazio, having lost Goran Pandev to Inter Milan, would be loathed to lose Zarate - but a big offer could persuade the Roman giants to sell.

His British representative Barry McIntosh would not name or confirm any clubs, but admitted he was keen to return to these shores.

"Mauro thoroughly enjoyed his time at Birmingham and he loves the Premier League," McIntosh told skysports.com.

"We know the interest in him is big, I cannot say who, but there are some big clubs who would like Mauro."

good player from what i remember of him suprised mcleish hasnt put a bid in.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I still think he could be a sensaton for us. The agent might just be trying to up the kids contract or something.

Average Joe

havent watched much of him in Serie A but he was mint at Birmingham (and that side was shite).

Has he stepped it up a bit the past season or so?

Anyone have his stats for this season?

Striker10

Mauro Zárate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

not sure what's gone on this season? Maybe someone that follows Italian football can say. I'd swap him for Nani in a heartbeat even though I think Nani is capable. Zarate's dribbling ability would give us an extra dimension going forward. He's technically VERY good.

AttackingFlair

Imo he is exactly the type of player we need. A player who will run at the opposition, commit players, has the ability to bend the ball into the top corner, has a decent brain, can find a pass.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
No more Argentinians.
We might finally get it right third time around!

Zarate is definitely a coming world player. Should be a better buy than the likes of Nani who would take 4-5 years to become a world player (if ever) at a already huge price!!:wenger:

Btw, is anybody still chanting Argentina at OT???

Striker10

Questionable mentality.
He probably just hasn't found the right club. There are loads of top players with something questionable about them. He's probably made a mistake down the line but he might just not like Italian football. He could make more money in Spain if he wanted. I think he'd still be in English football if Birmingham could have bought him.

Successful

Questionable mentality.
It is always a risk with these south american players. Coming from a poor place and then all of a sudden earning big bucks... nothing strange really.

I have a feeling he has already gone through a lot of that bullshit - playing in arabic clubs, england and italy. He's through all that and earned valuable experience. The displays for Birmingham showed he's ready to play for a lesser side to make his career grow. This is not a new Anelka.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Why hasn't he been capped for Argentina? Surely he is better than the 35 year old players Maradona has playing at the moment.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's got an attitude. Thinks he's the dogs bullocks and don't mind saying it. Not like Ronaldo, more like Zlatan.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Imo he is exactly the type of player we need. A player who will run at the opposition, commit players, has the ability to bend the ball into the top corner, has a decent brain, can find a pass.
I'd rather have a striker who can put the thing in the damn net and judging by his stats he isn't much of a goalscorer. We already have Rooney who can do those things you mentioned. We need a classic No.9 who Rooney can play off. And of course a leftwinger.

Successful

I'd rather have a striker who can put the thing in the damn net and judging by his stats he isn't much of a goalscorer. We already have Rooney who can do those things you mentioned. We need a classic No.9 who Rooney can play off. And of course a leftwinger.
How many of these players are there out there then? People are calling for a striker who puts 30 goals away, but SAF tend to like the ones that goes for 15 á season according to the way you reason. There was a super big clash between Benzema- Tevez- and Huntlara-fans of who was the better striker. We all know the results. So please do tell who's a reasonable target and one that puts 30 balls in the net in a season.

AttackingFlair

We don't have someone who causes problem with dribbling, taking on players and I don't just mean running to the by line. He could play on the left wing for us and do a good job.

I do agree we need a goal scorer but we also need some creativity in midfield, this lad would help if played on the wing.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
How many of these players are there out there then? People are calling for a striker who puts 30 goals away, but SAF tend to like the ones that goes for 15 á season according to the way you reason. There was a super big clash between Benzema- Tevez- and Huntlara-fans of who was the better striker. We all know the results. So please do tell who's a reasonable target and one that puts 30 balls in the net in a season.
There aren't many out there for sure and yes it would be tough finding one. It is pointless to discuss Benzema, Villa etc. because we won't be getting them anytime soon. But I still don't think Zarate is what we need though. IMO ofcourse.

Successful

There aren't many out there for sure and yes it would be tough finding one. It is pointless to discuss Benzema, Villa etc. because we won't be getting them anytime soon. But I still don't think Zarate is what we need though. IMO ofcourse.
You will get to like him :) That body is full with so much talent it's almost disgusting/criminal. What makes things funny is how some people can rave over complete shit like Manucho, Dong, and half average players (for the prem) like Rossi, Macheda etc and then not rate someone as obviously good as Zarate. It's unreal.

I'm sure we won't get him either. It's not FM, and there's no room for another ego in the squad unless we offload Berbs, and that's not going to happen because Berbs is another super player waiting for the lift that is bound to come at any time now.

Striker10

We don't have someone who causes problem with dribbling, taking on players and I don't just mean running to the by line. He could play on the left wing for us and do a good job.

I do agree we need a goal scorer but we also need some creativity in midfield, this lad would help if played on the wing.
I agree with all that

--------

As for the attitude someone mentioned, it's not an issue if you can back it up with performances