Zidane watch

ash_86

There isn't a coach who relies more on individual brilliance than Zidane.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Why on earth do you have to make stupid knee jerk bump every time something (unexpected) happens?

I don't like Real Madrid, or him, but he is doing quite fine considering they are in bad transition period and replaced Ronaldo with Hazard who isn't showing even his real form, let alone being good replacement so far. They look nothing worse than any other top team out there.
And Ramos, and Modric even Bale. Hazard will be an eye opener for Spanish fans. ;)
Yeah I agree with you. Or I had already agreed with you from last summer. ;)

Bojan11

They don’t have enough game changers or enough goal scorers in their team.

Modric is 34. Benzema was never the main man and don’t think he has it in him now to be that guy. Hazard has been injured most the season.

They really need someone like Mbappe.

Bojan11

Ronaldo Madrid @Handré1990

joke aside, I don’t think Zidane is a bad manager. He has excellent emotional intelligence and is a great motivator, but his accomplishments is a bit screwed with the team he had at his disposal
Screwed?

Lots of managers have had great teams and none of them won 3 champions league on the bounce. In fact nearly all of them didn’t win 2 on the bounce.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
They need goals, but from where....Not sure there's anyone presently that would wet the galactico appetite.

RooneyLegend

The man is as good a coach as you get. Not sure what the coach would do better with a lack of quality attacking options.

Phil Osophy

What a month for these guys. Lost in the cup at home against Real Sociedad, lost the first position in the league and now dicked at home by City in the CL. And the next game is against Barcelona.

Eddy_JukeZ

Funny how people still undermine his achievements.

Plenty of managers have had amazing teams. And none won 3 straight CL on the trot.

He's done a good job this season too. Hazard getting injured when he was finally rounding into form was a big blow.

cyberman

They arent out of it. We went to The Etihad twice this season and outplayed them for large periods. They just need a bit of pace up top and a Fred to work the ball from tight spaces to the attackers before they settle.
Liverpool and City show how unfair it is to compare us to Madrid etc. We basically have to become the best in Europe to challenge the top 2 yet players linked away from us, or who we are bidding for targets, get to say join us for the chance to win top honours.
No, join us to win a league that hasnt got Liverpool or City in it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The squad is filled with players who’ve won it all and are most of whom are past their peak.

Awkward side, really. On the one hand you can’t really bin off these huge names, but on the other hand, a lot of them are not performing to the standard required.

clarkydaz

You know what zidane and real Madrid need? Paul Pogba, at any cost. And very early in the summer window

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

Modric is 34. Benzema was never the main man and don’t think he has it in him now to be that guy. Hazard has been injured most the season.

They have the squad with more game changers, and in every lane
Courtois
Varane and Ramos are some of the most "game changing" centrebacks in the world in both attack and defense.
Carvajal and Marcelo are second to none opening games, even if Marcelo is obviously not fit for 90 minutes of maximum effort, it's a disgrace that he and Mendy don't rotate even more in that wing.
Casemiro is one of the best DM's in the world and also brings his weight scoring goals
Kroos and Modric can turn any game upside down
Benzema is one of the most technical forwards in the world, even if he's not a pure scorer he can decide a game in an action.
Hazard...

And that's just between their best 12 players, they have in the bench or at home players like James, Isco or Bale, capable of performing at elite level on any given day, and a bunch of young players that have already won them games or even performed in big legs like Rodrygo, Vinicius, Brahim and Valverde.

They have a good squad, with a nice mix of veterans and young talent, what they need it's identity beyond crossing the ball and hoping they get a couple goals bombing the area, specially now that Ronaldo isn't there, and then there's the nonsense that Zidane is playing the most technical of his strikers for a kind of football that would exploit Jovic or even Mariano's skillset better than Benzema.

Oldyella

Salah for me :):angel:

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
In the end this season is a transition season for Madrid and City isn't exactly a pushover team, either. So we will see, if the management will back Zidane this season even without a title (assuming they drop the CL now and remain 2nd in the league).

Generally I liked their transfers overall to rejuvinate the squad. They all made sense and Madrid wasn't doing too bad, either, after their initially bad start into the season.

That being said - I don't think it's a done deal. Of course City now has the upper hand, but that's about it. Even if Madrid drops out, I think the way they handle themselves in the 2nd game will decide a lot for how the season will go from there. Will they have the guts to go for it or just go in with their heads down?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't see the need for this thread to he bumped. He's not come back to a great team by any stretch of the imagination. After a great run in Europe (under him), Madrid are now a team that is half past it and half Yong and Learning. And their one major Galactico signing has been injured/unfit for most of the season. Keeping that in mind, and the situation they were in when he took over, losing to City and being neck and neck with Barcelona is fine. Look at their team now and it's a far cry from how things were 3 years back. I'd argue that they have it worse on paper than Barcelona as well, who should be favourites for the title.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He has done several good things. Among others get a compact, laborious team, that at times looked very good, especially in December and January.
Sometimes I don't understand some of his decisions. There was much talk that he did not want Vinicius, and several times he left him out of the team , however today he plays and gets a very good version.
He is a very intriguing coach, so it is difficult to know the deadlines he has in his head with certain players.
I would have liked more minutes for other players like Brahim, Jovic or even James or Militao, but because of that intriguing character it is difficult to know if they really are not worthy, they do not train well (Zidane places a lot of emphasis- as he has said in several interviews- to train hard, and be perfect phisically) or if there is a certain degree of stubbornness.

However on other occasions he has been able to overcome that stubbornness by looking for the best option: There was a conflict with Bale, saying "if he goes today better than tomorrow" and did not hesitate to put him in the line-up.
In the same way he succeeded with Mendy and did not hesitate to sit a "sacred cow" like Marcelo, or to adapt to Pogba's absence and place Valverde.

Cristiano, his widows, the current options, the plan with young players and the signings is another long topic.

In short, out of la copa and Champions League and behind Barça and with bad feelings in la liga.
What if he doesn't win anything? will they sack him? or will they give him a summer with whims like Pogba?
I love Zidane and at present I don´t feel excited with other coaches but the results direct.

Paul_Scholes18

They struggle to score goals and with the players he got he is too be blamed. Can't just have Ronaldo to do it.
They put in loads of crosses which I am not sure suits them well at all right now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They don't have enough killers in the team.
Full of players that like the fancy stuff.

Makelele

They don't have enough killers in the team.
Full of players that like the fancy stuff.
That is true. Too much Isco and Hazard in that team. They are in dire need of a penetrating attacking force, not just players who can dance around from side to side.

Zidane has done wonders with this team this season. He has squeezed the last drop of orange juice, but fact of the matter is that they are in dire need of some fresh blood upfront. In retrospect, buying Hazard was a big mistake considering the fact that they have several players who can contribute in a similar manner. Pogba would be amazing there.

Righteous Steps

That is true. Too much Isco and Hazard in that team. They are in dire need of a penetrating attacking force, not just players who can dance around from side to side.

Zidane has done wonders with this team this season. He has squeezed the last drop of orange juice, but fact of the matter is that they are in dire need of some fresh blood upfront. In retrospect, buying Hazard was a big mistake considering the fact that they have several players who can contribute in a similar manner. Pogba would be amazing there.
Hazard is that, he is not someone who just dances side to side, he goes straight through a defence like no one not named Neymar Messi or Traore can. Add to that he can shoot with both feet and gets numerous amount of assists a season, Hazard is exactly what they need in this team the problem is he is always Injured.

If they had several players who can get 15 goals 15 assists a season they wouldn’t be 2nd in the league, probably wouldn’t have lost to City as well.