Zidane watch

RoyH1

Zidane will go to Juve.

Conte will go to Real Madrid.

Allegri will go to Inter.

Pretty obvious moves I believe.
I don't think Conte could last an entire season in Madrid. Look at the permanent state of media hysteria that surrounds the club (lose 2 games and everyone starts discussing your imminent firing) with Conte's thin skin.

Allegri or Raul will be the next manager if Zidane's departure is confirmed.

TheLiverBird

He's the perfect manager for a team of big ego, big name players like Real Madrid. Tactically he doesn’t offer anything special. His record at Castilla was bang average, nothing to indicate how good he would be. Definitely got the best out of big names.

I think he'd do well at PSG or Juve.
Isn’t this what you want at United??
Definitely at that level

You can’t argue he isn’t a quality manager with 2 La Liga Titles to his belt and 3 Champions league titles in the space of 5 years

I can’t put him at Pep levels yet though, he’s got a long way to prove himself at that level yet in handling the big time players and teams

he’s doing a great great job though

jamesjimmybyrondean

Just a cheeky prediction but Pochettino returns to spurs and he goes to PSG. Mbappe signs a new contract and he will finally get Pogba

Arios

Supports
Juventus
I don't think Conte could last an entire season in Madrid. Look at the permanent state of media hysteria that surrounds the club (lose 2 games and everyone starts discussing your imminent firing) with Conte's thin skin.

Allegri or Raul will be the next manager if Zidane's departure is confirmed.
more like Inter just paid 7.5m to fire Conte and don't have the money to get another 7m+/season manager.
So imo
Allegri to Real Madrid
Zidane to Juventus
Conte to United
Inter with Mihajlovic aka a very low budget requiring manager.
He'd be super happy with 1-1.5m per season

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Allegri is going back to Juventus according latest reports so lets see who is going where now...

Idxomer

The only man in football who could quit Real Madrid not only once but twice and no one even feels any ill towards him.

Legend.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
We need to sign this man ASAP.
Not only is he obviously better suited than Conte but he will also attract the right signings and set us up wisely.

Water Melon

The ruthless Real Madrid management. Their iconic player became their iconic manager by winning 3 CLs on a trot, yet he is sacked after finishing extremely close second in La Liga. Our Board may learn a thing or two from them.

Madridista7

Supports
Real Madrid
The ruthless Real Madrid management. Their iconic player became their iconic manager by winning 3 CLs on a trot, yet he is sacked after finishing extremely close second in La Liga. Our Board may learn a thing or two from them.
The club statement clearly states he walked away. Wasn't sacked.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Except Zidane hasn't been sacked. He's quit.

Idxomer

Allegri taking over Juve as of 30 minutes ago.
Conte probably to Madrid in that case. I'd bet Zidane goes to French national team.
I could see PSG offering him silly money which could be their way of convincing Mbappe to stay.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Interesting to see where he goes from here. I would have thought Juventus but Allegri going there. Inter? Chelsea? PSG?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You need to re-set your expectations.

Our board's model is not Real Madrid, its Arsenal. They want Ole to do what Wenger used to: finish fourth each year and maybe sprinkle the odd cup on it to give big sponsors a day out every so often.

I'm Ole in but, even if I was Ole out, I think people need to get clear in their minds what the Glazers want. If Ole can guarantee the revenue of champions league football year on year, something that nobody since Fergie has done, they will keep him in the job.

The Glazers made their ambition clear from the super league project. Competing isn't their goal. Protecting the revenue is. Making European football a closed shop without relegation shows you what their mindset is. Do you think they'd give a damn if United finished last in the super league every year from now until the end of time as long as the TV money was guaranteed? They only spend on United when they think that revenue is in jeopardy. Everything else, be it the stadium, be it the academy, the women's team, its all left to rot.

Our board will never, ever, share the ambitions of Madrid as long as its controlled by the Glazers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
My bet would be on Zidane not joining an other team and basically retiring, until he maybe comes back out of retirement in a few years.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He could take 1 year sabbatical and replace Deschamps after 2022 WC.
From the FFF standpoint Deschamps is going nowhere and they are trying to extend him, so I don't think Zidane is looking at it, particularly when we are essentially talking about 2023.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Isn’t this what you want at United??

You can’t argue he isn’t a quality manager with 2 La Liga Titles to his belt and 3 Champions league titles in the space of 5 years

I can’t put him at Pep levels yet though, he’s got a long way to prove himself at that level yet in handling the big time players and teams

he’s doing a great great job though
I wouldn't want him at Chelsea, don't think he'd suit the kind of players we have. For me, big name players like Ronaldo, Ramos and the other big characters in the RM dressing room look up to Zidane. Perez also let him get on with it, not picking the team for him... A lot of managers could go in to R Madrid, but those kinds of players won't listen and Perez would dictate to them who they have to play. Totally unworkable.

That is what went wrong for Benitez and Lopetegui. Those guys aren't bad managers, better than Zidane probably in terms of tactics and probably training sessions nuts and bolts. Put those guys at Castilla or any low budget team and I reckon they get better results than Zidane.

What they have isn't what you need at R Madrid, you need a manager who the squad respects and who the president will let get on with the job.

PSG is a serious possibility maybe? Similar to RM, you've got Mbappe and Neymar in the dressing room and it's pretty unmanageable because of that for anyone but someone like Zidane.

Water Melon

You need to re-set your expectations.

Our board's model is not Real Madrid, its Arsenal. They want Ole to do what Wenger used to: finish fourth each year and maybe sprinkle the odd cup on it to give big sponsors a day out every so often.

I'm Ole in but, even if I was Ole out, I think people need to get clear in their minds what the Glazers want. If Ole can guarantee the revenue of champions league football year on year, something that nobody since Fergie has done, they will keep him in the job.

The Glazers made their ambition clear from the super league project. Competing isn't their goal. Protecting the revenue is. Making European football a closed shop without relegation shows you what their mindset is. Do you think they'd give a damn if United finished last in the super league every year from now until the end of time as long as the TV money was guaranteed? They only spend on United when they think that revenue is in jeopardy. Everything else, be it the stadium, be it the academy, the women's team, its all left to rot.

Our board will never, ever, share the ambitions of Madrid as long as its controlled by the Glazers.
Spot on and it is depressing.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Will probably take a break for a year then go back to Madrid after their next manager inevitably gets the boot.

OmarUnited4ever

Wow, Zidane walks away again, they need to rebuild again.

Few might leave this year, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo.

Where does he go now, I am thinking he is taking a break from coaching for awhile

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Allegri is going back to Juventus according latest reports so lets see who is going where now...
Makes sense.

Jose Felix Diaz is definitely very well connected.

Canagel

I can see him join PSG tbh.
Home country, carte blanche to spend money and guaranteed trophies every year.

I definitely see PSG using him as a way to keep Mbappe and all the best talent in Ligue 1 will want to play for him

AshRK

He will be my first choice if Ole is to be replaced. I like Conte more but I don't think our owners will be perfect for him. Zidane likes to work with a young squad and can bring in quality players like Varane. I feel he will enjoy working with our squad.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I can see him join PSG tbh.
Home country, carte blanche to spend money and guaranteed trophies every year.

I definitely see PSG using him as a way to keep Mbappe and all the best talent in Ligue 1 will want to play for him
I think he said he would never manage PSG because of his ties to Marseille.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Zidane will attract the right players aswell and isn't a defensive manager. If he's available and willing to come then we should definitely consider it.

Luke1995

Zidane's managerial career seems alot like Dunga's

Dunga was pretty much only the manager of Brazil national team.

I can't really see Zidane taking another club job. Maybe he'll take over the french national team one day. He doesn't seem to truly enjoy being a manager. I believe he managed Real Madrid out of passion for the club but not for the job itself