Zidane watch

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I can't really see Zidane taking another club job. Maybe he'll take over the french national team one day. He doesn't seem to truly enjoy being a manager. I believe he managed Real Madrid out of passion for the club but not for the job itself
You could be right, he could pretty much retire and call it a day. He's a very integral man in the sense he rather retire at the top if he isn't motivated or thinks he can no longer perform.

I still think managing France would be a good job for him if he was interested. At least it should be a more comfortable job but he would still be very influential for a squad with so much talent like them.

Luke1995

You could be right, he could pretty much retire and call it a day. He's a very integral man in the sense he rather retire at the top if he isn't motivated or thinks he can no longer perform.

I still think managing France would be a good job for him if he was interested. At least it should be a more comfortable job but he would still be very influential for a squad with so much talent like them.
Let's see what happens if Pochettino leaves PSG. I think that's unlikely but I could see Zidane managing in the french league one day. Maybe Bordeaux.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

He wants to jump into another job asap. How would people who have followed his Madrid team closely describe his style and approach? Never mind, seen @giorno 's take. Is he the one?

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Zidane's managerial career seems alot like Dunga's

Dunga was pretty much only the manager of Brazil national team.

I can't really see Zidane taking another club job. Maybe he'll take over the french national team one day. He doesn't seem to truly enjoy being a manager. I believe he managed Real Madrid out of passion for the club but not for the job itself
I don't know, he might not want a career out of it, but 3 years at the top and winning stuff might changed a man, and now that he's out of job he could literally pick to manage most club.

He might find it tempting.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Any insight on how madrista feels?
The Madridistas, I suppose that they are attentive and concerned about his wake-up call in terms of sports planning.
Everything seems a reference to his problems with J.A Sánchez / Calafat, including the leaks to the press.
I imagine he wants to point them out before he goes, which is fine.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The Madridistas, I suppose that they are attentive and concerned about his wake-up call in terms of sports planning.
Everything seems a reference to his problems with J.A Sánchez / Calafat, including the leaks to the press.
I imagine he wants to point them out before he goes, which is fine.
More details please

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
More details please
The rumor is an internal war over planning.
With Calafat (scout who brought Valverde, Odegaard or the Brazilians), I imagine that because of his signings or lack of opportunities and with JASanchez(CEO) I imagine that for the same reason, his insistence with Pogba for example, and for how he managed the section of communication, along with other lesser known characters.
The leaks to the press arose before playing against Shaktar, with threats of sacking, and supposedly promoted by J.A Sánchez

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Glad he spoke out about this. The fact that RM can't have a manager for more than two years without trouble is pretty disgraceful.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Glad he spoke out about this. The fact that RM can't have a manager for more than two years without trouble is pretty disgraceful.
The fact we pushed out the best manager in our history is mind boggling

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It makes things a bit more interesting. I wonder what kind of projects he will be interested in.

el3mel

If only all managers speak like these after they leave. The guy completely exposed Perez and the media while still being respectful.

Madrid are fecked without him.

redrobed

We need a Director of Football and he’s spoken regularly of his admiration for Utd and desire to come to us. Seems a no brainer.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm intrigued. He's ambitious, he's a winner, charismatic, and inspirational leader. Yeah, I think I just convinced myself. I can't think of any other manager out there (available or approachable) I'd rather take.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I wonder if Juve went too quickly for Allegri. He's the more stable option but I think Zidane would have been a breath of fresh air.

Not sure where Zidane sees himself next, he's probably the hottest free agent right now but the top European clubs don't seem to be looking for a new manager. Perhaps a spot will open up during the season though.

I don't know if he would be a good fit for United but if we parted ways with Ole I wouldn't be 100 per cent against him here.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

It makes things a bit more interesting. I wonder what kind of projects he will be interested in.
I wonder if we could see him at PSG.
I feel like his image would definitely take a hit if he goes to PSG though, even if he never played for Marseille he'd still get insulted by the entire city.

I remember some Bordeaux journalists or close to the club making sarcastic comments about how Zidane didn't really care about Marseille and was only a Bordeaux fan though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wonder if we could see him at PSG.
I feel like his image would definitely take a hit if he goes to PSG though, even if he never played for Marseille he'd still get insulted by the entire city.

I remember some Bordeaux journalists or close to the club making sarcastic comments about how Zidane didn't really care about Marseille and was only a Bordeaux fan though.
His image won't be affected at all and no one cares about Marseille fans. Zidane will still be a hero for almost every french football and sport followers. Also Bordeaux are the actual rivals of Marseille, with Bez and Tapie, not PSG and he had no issue joining them.

redshaw

He might have to wait a season but sounds like he's eager to get back into club management.

Think he'd get more what he's looking for at United if progress was made and even getting one major trophy would afford him a lot of patience, respect and backing to see out a long term goal. A lot of the manager moves have happened but PSG could be open. I thought Juve would be a good move.

On a smaller scale I wonder if something like Arsenal would tempt him, he could help turn them around then after 3 years they could back him more with bigger signings. Might be best waiting a year though.

Zidane, Pogba and Ronaldo next season at United would be something.:)

Last edited:

Luke1995

I don't know, he might not want a career out of it, but 3 years at the top and winning stuff might changed a man, and now that he's out of job he could literally pick to manage most club.

He might find it tempting.
Yeah, but right now, where could he potentially go ? Most of the big clubs in europe and top national teams have managers.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Real Madrid are such a scummy club. From the top right down to the fans who whistle and harrass their own players. Like I understand the prestige of the club what with countless league titles and european cups under their belt but it's such superficial club with zero loyalty to their legends.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Was the vincinius jr use due to him or Real Madrid board?

makes me worried if it was his decision.

Number32

PSG next season?

Zidane is not an adventurous man like Jose. I'd shock if he took the job outside France, Madrid, and Turin.