Zion Suzuki - Goalkeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan Djordjic

Kovar is likely being sold, back to Prague.
Can't imagine we'll get much of a fee off Prague. Kovar's reputation is on the up. You'd think we'd extend his loan, let him get his CL experience and try to flog him after he comes with the CL Experienced premium attached to his name.

Bojan Djordjic

I don’t understand why, but I’m genuinely more excited about signing this guy we’ve never heard of than Onana. Maybe I know nothing or maybe I’m just weird. :smirk:
Because he's a blank slate untarnished by detailed observation for you to project upon your fantasies of goalkeeping perfection

Blood Mage

His passing looks incredible on youtube but it is easy to take those risks with your passing in the Japanese league.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don’t understand why, but I’m genuinely more excited about signing this guy we’ve never heard of than Onana. Maybe I know nothing or maybe I’m just weird. :smirk:
If his name was John Mitsubishi I bet you wouldnt.

Erik the Red

What is exciting is that this is a real ETH signing. Bringing in an absolute unknown kid who is a perfect fit for his style, and (hopefully) developing them into a world class player. If we can genuinely demonstrate to the 17/18 year old wonderkids that we are the perfect place for them to learn and have a route to the first team, and we start winning things with one of the best managers in the business, we will quickly return to our place at the top table, competing for PL and CL.

pastyfool

I once got a shout to do a gig with Damo Suzuki in my city in Ireland. I’d never heard of him or Can at that point. I thought he was going to be at least half Irish with a name like Damo :lol: The message was something like Damo Suzuki needs a pickup band for tonight would you play guitar? I was like sure what’s the Craic with it? It’s just a jam and see what happens. Free/noise/art thing? Sounded like something I’d never done and then I embarrassingly kept calling him Damo as in Damien all night until the gig was over :lol: One of his fans pulled me aside horrified to tell me that I was pronouncing his name totally wrong. I’ve since gotten into Can and I grabbed a few signed solo albums off him that night. We got on well. Nice fella! That’s my Damo Suzuki story:)

That’s a good story, Can are pretty interesting.

It’s ダモ in Japanese, which in English sounds like the ‘da’ sound from ‘dagger’ and the ‘mo’ sound from ‘mokasine’, if that makes sense.

On the subject of saying names wrong, many moons ago I once had to spend a few days in hospital in Japan. There was a nurse that was assigned to look after me (she could speak good English). I’m really bad with names (forget them straight away in any language) but this time I thought I’d make a special effort to remember her name.

Before I went in for my stay we had a meeting so she could explain everything that was going to happen. She introduced herself as Chigusa. I kept saying it over and over and over in my head and tried to use it at any opportunity. ‘Yes Chigusa’, ‘I understand Chigusa’, etc… When she had finished talking to me I said ’Thanks Chigusa’. When we said our goodbyes, of course I said ‘Bye Chigusa’.

When Chigusa had got out of earshot my wife (Japanese) looked at me with a... you’re such and idiot kind of face and said ‘Why did you keep calling her that the whole time?’, I replied ‘That was her name'. ’No it wasn’t’ she said. ‘Well, what was I calling her then?’. ‘You kept calling her chibusa’. ‘What does chibusa mean?’. ‘Breast’...

I learnt a new word that day and I’ve never pronounced Chigusa (a fairly common girls name here) wrong again.

Bondi77

That’s a good story, Can are pretty interesting.

It’s ダモ in Japanese, which in English sounds like the ‘da’ sound from ‘dagger’ and the ‘mo’ sound from ‘mokasine’, if that makes sense.

On the subject of saying names wrong, many moons ago I once had to spend a few days in hospital in Japan. There was a nurse that was assigned to look after me (she could speak good English). I’m really bad with names (forget them straight away in any language) but this time I thought I’d make a special effort to remember her name.

Before I went in for my stay we had a meeting so she could explain everything that was going to happen. She introduced herself as Chigusa. I kept saying it over and over and over in my head and tried to use it at any opportunity. ‘Yes Chigusa’, ‘I understand Chigusa’, etc… When she had finished talking to me I said ’Thanks Chigusa’. When we said our goodbyes, of course I said ‘Bye Chigusa’.

When Chigusa had got out of earshot my wife (Japanese) looked at me with a... you’re such and idiot kind of face and said ‘Why did you keep calling her that the whole time?’, I replied ‘That was her name'. ’No it wasn’t’ she said. ‘Well, what was I calling her then?’. ‘You kept calling her chibusa’. ‘What does chibusa mean?’. ‘Breast’...

I learnt a new word that day and I’ve never pronounced Chigusa (a fairly common girls name here) wrong again.
Sounds like you were struggling with the Bee Gees

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Anyone know why his parents were located in one of the most culturally backwards parts of the entire world when he was born, Little Rock, Arkansas?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Anyone know why his parents were located in one of the most culturally backwards parts of the entire world when he was born, Little Rock, Arkansas?
Little Rock gave us Bill Clinton - he was certainly forwards, in a manner of speaking :lol:

lex talionis

We've spent a lot of time on his fantastic last name, Suzuki, but Zion's first name is pretty awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.