Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Really looking forward to seeing Thor dominating physically :drool:
Possibly Francis 1.83m and Cook 1.85m against Zlatan 1.95m. Get some crosses in and surround Zlatan with players to snap up the second ball. Rooney to score?

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Ibra and Pogba are the keys to Man Utd this season.... for Ibra, it's about scoring goals AND maintaining team shape so to allow others on the front line to express themselves too. He's a monster though. So I hope Mou uses all his talents as opposed to making him a poacher. He should be allowed to dezone and have Rooney go into the box when it happens (or Martial).

Health is the key for Ibra.

As far as Ibra being an aerial threat... he's ok but not great. Better with the ball on the ground despite his huge size.

ti vu

Ibra and Pogba are the keys to Man Utd this season.... for Ibra, it's about scoring goals AND maintaining team shape so to allow others on the front line to express themselves too. He's a monster though. So I hope Mou uses all his talents as opposed to making him a poacher. He should be allowed to dezone and have Rooney go into the box when it happens (or Martial).

As far as Ibra being an aerial threat... he's ok but not great. Better with the ball on the ground despite his huge size.
Depend on what kind of height is the ball. Zlatan is not exceptional in traditional aerial duel, but when the ball is around chest height where the defender can't use their head, Zlatan dominated with his technique and physique. Those scorpion kicks or the goal Gatalasaray...

Last edited:

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
In the box, Ibra was at his best at PSG when you crossed the ball hard at him at hip/chest height level. He's an expert at using all sorts of techniques to put those in goal, including a lot of karate moves lol. Defenders don't really know how to handle those balls because they're at an unusual height for them where they can't use their head and it's awkward to defend with their feet.

So you're absolutely right, he's not great at the traditional aerial duels... he likes to use his feet.

The Stain

He's great at knocking it down to his team mates but as a goal-threat with headers i agree. He's great with lower crosses as well.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm finding him annoyingly likeable in this interview with Geoff Shreeves. Everything he says is so self-assured.

Do something to make me hate you Zlatan!

MDFC Manager

I'm finding him annoyingly likeable in this interview with Geoff Shreeves. Everything he says is so self-assured.

The kind of guy that would make his team mates feel like they can do anything with him in the team

The Stain

He'll give Ibe an elbow an then score from a wrongly given penalty :wenger:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I'm a shite Liverpool fan. I'm cheering for Ibra whenever he gets the ball, and may have had a little cheer for that goal :houllier:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's incredible, people should have never doubted him. He's in such shape that I could easily see him playing very well for 2-3 more years in PL. Even at 35 he's still in the best 20 footballers in the world, probably.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What are the words to his chant??
Zlatan Ibrahimovic

He is a Swedish hero,

On a free from PSG

He cost us feckin zero.

6 ft 5,

Hard as feck,

He gets the Reds excited...

Stick your City up your arse

Cause we are Man United

m1y2

He's fecking world class, still at 35... and he will get even better when we finally ditch rooney and get him some winger and Pogba and get going as a team. Very happy times ahead

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Zlatan Ibrahimovic

He is a Swedish hero,

On a free from PSG

He cost us feckin zero.

6 ft 5,

Hard as feck,

He gets the Reds excited...

Stick your City up your arse

Cause we are Man United
Cheers.