Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Stat time:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has lost fewer league games since 2006/07 season than Aston Villa did in the 2015/16 season.

:lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Funny isn't it. People say 1 player can't make a difference :D

Him and Pogba have made this team a completely different animal so far.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Funny isn't it. 1. People say 1 player can't make a difference :D

2. Him and Pogba have made this team a completely different animal so far.
1. Do they?
2. That's two.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
HOW IBRAHIMOVIC CAN EQUAL A 91-YEAR RECORD

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has enjoyed a stunning start to life at Manchester United and the striker can equal a 91-year-old record if he finds the net at Hull City on Saturday.

The summer signing has scored in each of his three competitive outings for the club - against Leicester City, Bournemouth and Southampton - and tops the goals chart with four to his name.

Ibrahimovic is the ninth man to achieve the feat of netting in his opening three United matches and the first to do so since Ian Storey-Moore in the early 1970s. Storey-Moore was on the mark against Huddersfield, Crystal Palace and Coventry City in March and April of 1972, following his arrival from Nottingham Forest.

Alex Dawson's efforts all came inside a week in April 1957, with Eddie Lewis and Ted Buckle the other men to score in their first three appearances for the club in the post-War era.

However, the man who currently holds the record for scoring in four successive matches is Jimmy Hanson, a local lad bought from Stalybridge Celtic who ironically scored on his debut against this weekend's opponents Hull in November 1924. The striker followed it up with goals in 1-1 draws against Blackpool and Derby County, but the game against the 10-man Rams had repercussions for his career.

The clash was dubbed 'the Battle of Old Trafford' and the 20-year-old's equaliser had arrived from close range after skipper Frank Barson barged goalkeeper Olney over from a corner. It was decided, for all Hanson's exploits in front of goal, that he was not ready for the rough and tumble of Division Two football as he had struggled against the aggressive County defenders.

While other youngsters have famously been eased into the fray ever since, it seems, in retrospect, pretty extraordinary that he was effectively put in cold storage while United continued a promotion-winning campaign that ended with second spot being secured ahead of adversaries Derby.

Hanson's long-awaited reappearance - and fourth appearance - finally came at Villa Park the following September and he did not disappoint, notching during a 2-2 draw against Aston Villa. His run of goals came to an end in the Manchester derby five days later, but he did make it five in six games by striking in a 6-1 thumping of Burnley.

So history beckons for Ibrahimovic this weekend, if the Swedish number nine can breach the Tigers' defence at the KCOM Stadium and rewrite the record books. Good luck, Zlatan!

Scored in first three appearances:
Bob Donaldson - 1892/93
George Millar - 1894/95
Jimmy Hanson - 1924/25
Jack Ball - 1929/30
Ted Buckle - 1946/47
Eddie Lewis - 1952/53
Alex Dawson - 1956/57
Ian Storey-Moore - 1971/72
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 2016/17

Scored in first four appearances:
Jimmy Hanson - 1924/25 & 1925/26

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-equal-a-91-year-old-club-record-at-Hull.aspx

flappyjay

If he fires us to the league this season does his first season rank higher than RVP's, that's if he scores 20+ plus goals in the process

Skills

Snitch
Touch was off, sharpness was lacking as well. Not great.

Some delicious flicks, but the rest of his game was poor.

kundalini

Poor performance. No idea why he just stood there when Rashford's cross went across the face of the goal.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not his greatest game but he does occupy both centre halfs. Looks better with pace around him.

Man-United

Good first half, poor second half. 2 weeks rest and training now and not having to visit a rainy Hull again.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Not his best game, but this is Zlatan at 65% just wait until he's fully fit. He's not usually sloppy with his touches.

The United

meh performance for me today. The lack of speed is killing him and us imo. We need a younger guy like rashford to make the runs, meet the crosses etc. Zlatan would never be that type or guy which is concerning against teams who park the buss like hull.

3KDré

I do think that he struggles towards the end of the game each game. It seems like he physically can't keep the same intensity throughout the 90 and at the end of every game he looks knackered. But that's totally natural, he's 35.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah, not a great performance. But Zlatan can be like this. Did some nice things here and there.

Devil81

I think the conditions didn't help him, the ball seemed to be getting away from him at times. Having said all that he still created a fair few chances and showed moments of brilliance, he's clearly going to be more of an asset at home though.

I also wish he'd just push everyone else away from free kicks, he's miles the best taker at the club.

Gause

Made some brilliant through passes to set up the attack in the first half, but I'm sure he would be disappointed with most of his first touch today.

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
First half he was by far our best player which of course most on here won't see as they have the memory of goldfish. Second half he definately looked tired and his touch was off, but I still think he carries a huge threat that we have lacked for years. There was one chance when Mata took one off him that he should have just let Zlatan hit.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Not a great second half but he is just capable of anything at any moment, no matter how he has been playing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He wasn't at his best today but was pretty isolated and let's be fair hull defended really well. Looked dangerous when he dropped off a bit, I like that he also has the option to play a clever pass or smash a shot at goal.

Onto the next one. I'm sure he will be ready to prove pep wrong.

Eddy_JukeZ

First half he was by far our best player which of course most on here won't see as they have the memory of goldfish. Second half he definately looked tired and his touch was off, but I still think he carries a huge threat that we have lacked for years. There was one chance when Mata took one off him that he should have just let Zlatan hit.
Was fuming when Mata took that off him. Ibra had the option to shoot or slip Rooney through. Thankfully didn't come back to bite us.

Kostur

海尔的老板
That fecking scorpion he did in the first half, how can a guy who's so tall be so fecking agile is beyond me. Yes I know about pro taek-wondo, mandrama, JJ, kickboxers and all that stuff, still.

I think that our players are treating him too much like a target man, launching those fecking long/high balls to him all the time, especially Rooney. He's technically great so he wants it on the ground, keep it on the ground, too much high shit today.

Manny

Grammar Police
Caught on his heels for a lot of the balls that were put into the box.

Minkaro

His passing is a bit hit and miss, I think, and I thought that against Southampton as well. Same with his first touch.

That control with his heel at the start of the game though :drool: I think I'd actually have to amputate my own leg and swing it to do that.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Bad performance and it's obvious that when he and Rooney are both on the pitch they are influencing each others game negatively.
Had a few nice flicks and a backheels though - and a nice through-ball to Rooney.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That control with his heel at the start of the game though :drool: I think I'd actually have to amputate my own leg and swing it to do that.
Yeah, he had absolutely no right to do that. And he did it standing still :eek: His physique and agility are incredible.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Ibra needs space and speed around him. Teammates need to make multiple runs. Mourinho needs to understand this is Ibra circa 2016, not 2009. He scored so much for PSG because they created so much movement around him, the opponent would get scrambled and Ibra would find open areas. Far too predictable by Mourinho in terms of how the team attacks.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Not a good performance, but he was the player I would bet on to come up with something to win such games. He is capable of a moment of brilliance at any second. Turns out he's human after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.