6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Needham

This period of frustration began with that obviously-bad-idea video message to Bravo but I think he's still good and I'm quite excited when he gets the ball. He's just got to learn to work with the dimensions of our pitch better.

Mojo_pin

Last edited:

Stacks

http://statsbomb.com/2016/04/understand-football-radars-for-mugs-and-muggles/

That article used the old format on attacking players but it still applies to learning how to read the graph.

This article will help you understand what the Zlatan numbers mean: http://statsbomb.com/2016/09/new-tech-and-a-little-story-about-neymar-andros-and-eden-hazard/
I found this amusing. It should have given a key for every stat but oh well. To me it looks like a way to suggest "he is trying at least" but does not possess the quality. The top players have end product and quality. Zlatan is big and strong so will get touches in the box as he can hold players off as a target man. No agility, skill, guile and currently poor finishing though so I am definitely not convinced.....

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I found this amusing. It should have given a key for every stat but oh well. To me it looks like a way to suggest "he is trying at least" but does not possess the quality. The top players have end product and quality. Zlatan is big and strong so will get touches in the box as he can hold players off as a target man. No agility, skill, guile and currently poor finishing though so I am definitely not convinced.....
His finishing has been poor but I seriously don't know what you have been watching

MattyB1986

Let him get that goal in the reserves I'd say, six PL games without scoring means the guy should be benched. He's already cost us a lot of points.

I'd say the reason he isn't scoring is he's getting a lot less time in this league than Ligue 1.

I remember when we were a team that won trophies instead of pandering to over the hill players like Rooney and Ibrahimovic.
I do agree with you to be fair, mate. Playing this amount of games at 35 with the intensity of the Prem was always a big ask. I do think the idea was to rotate Rashford and Zlatan though. His missed chances have cost us points. But since we don't have a lot of decent options outwide at present with the mystery of Mkhi and Martial unfit and the lack of a prime world class goalscorer I was trying to suggest a way which might get us goals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saw a stat that we'd scored 1 out of the last 90 odd chances in the Premier league!!

I wondered how many were Ibra, has to be many more than the 8 mentioned in that article. He surely racked up more than 8 chances v Stoke n Burnley alone!

ferguson2

Try to understand it before drawing conclusions. Scoring 4 goals in 10 games isn't that bad. Clearly he could have got 4 more at least but goals will come.

And to the ones who are telling that he cost us points. Which player won us the first two games (three games if you include the community shield)?

Stacks

Try to understand it before drawing conclusions. Scoring 4 goals in 10 games isn't that bad. Clearly he could have got 4 more at least but goals will come.

And to the ones who are telling that he cost us points. Which player won us the first two games (three games if you include the community shield)?
Its all a bit reaching isn't it? When I think of these big strong strikers who couldn't finish, e.g. Adebayor, Soldado, they would probably score highly on these readings, same as Janssen for Spurs. problem is it takes quality over sheer numbers

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
He has now gone more than nine hours without a Premier League goal, his worst sequence without a league goal in a decade. In fact, his only goal in his last nine games in all competitions came against Zorya Luhansk in the Europa League. He is getting chances - he has had more shots (57) than any other Premier League player this season - but he's failed to score with his last 42 attempts.
Only three other players have had 30 shots and none of them have scored fewer than him. In comparison, Premier League top scorer Diego Costa has seven goals from only 27 shots.

United were utterly dominant against Burnley, taking 37 shots in total, but failed to find the goal thanks to a mixture of wasteful finishing and brilliant goalkeeping by Tom Heaton. Zlatan alone accounted for 12 of our efforts on goal, two of which were pretty much clear cut chances. The worst miss came in the 89th minute when he miscued Paul Pogba's cross from a few yards out. I believe he should be dropped for a couple of games, so he can kickstart fresh again. At 35 years old we can't afford to play him in every game.

Fenerbahce 2:1 Man Utd

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Why would he play a no look pass in that situation, only to go and feck it up?

:houllier:

All he gives a feck about is himself and how he looks on the pitch, doubt he gives that much of a shit if we win or lose.

wr8_utd

:'(
Awful yet again. He can't make simple 2-5 yard passes and almost always overhits it.

NinjaFletch

Whether he plays well or not he just seems to have this ability to find space and move the ball on that makes us better going forward.

Didn't have a particularly great individual half but we looked miles better when he came on.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
He's a show off - an uncompetitive Ligue 1 in a team that is miles better than any other was the best place for him.

I can't believe we are stuck with him and Rooney as our CF options.

Rockets Redglare

Whether he plays well or not he just seems to have this ability to find space and move the ball on that makes us better going forward.

Didn't have a particularly great in individual half but we looked miles better when he came on.
Agreed. Some of his passing is poor but he links the play together so well and everything seems to go through him.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

Didn't have a particularly great in individual half but we looked miles better when he came on.
we were crap with and without him...created one chance against fecking Fener with Kjaer Skrtel at CBs is an absolute disgrace IMO

Tiber

luckily for zlatan has fan base doesnt care if he scores or even passes well, they will just hug the autobiography he paid someone to write for him and drool over the lines his press officer sends out after the match

Walters_19_MuFc

Was very surprised Mourinho put him on for Pogba. I guess it's because he needs a goal, but as Hargreaves said, Mkhitaryan or Mata would have been a much better option.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Quality player who is having a bad run of it right now, a lot of posters here want to have a word with themselves.

Man-United

How is linking anything well? He can't make one pass that isn't badly over hit.
That's because you, Fergie's son and a few others keep writing in this thread as soon as he do something bad. Just look at Fergie's son who posted ONE minute after Zlatan was on and already had a go. Pathetic.

Tiber

Quality player who is having a bad run of it right now, a lot of posters here want to have a word with themselves.
Rooney is beaten down by age (granted more so than Zlatan), yet somehow I dont see anyone trotting these lines out for him.

Zlatan is 35, it is perfectly natural that he is on the decline.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope he makes me eat my words, but I don't understand why he was brought on. He's sloppy, doesn't look like scoring and he seems to be on the edge.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I like the energy he's brought on with him today.

He's playing it a bit like Costa, he's whipping their defense up and trying to force errors.

As long as he makes sure that he doesn't lose his cool, I think it's great when players actively make the game psychologically difficult for the opposition.

He's the most dynamic player on the pitch right now. Bring on Mata and we'll win.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Never wanted him to score more to be honest. Shut up these fans and Skrtel.

wr8_utd

:'(
I like the energy he's brought on with him today.

He's playing it a bit like Costa, he's whipping their defense up and trying to force errors.

As long as he makes sure that he doesn't lose his cool, I think it's great when players actively make the game psychologically difficult for the opposition.

He's the most dynamic player on the pitch right now. Bring on Mata and we'll win.
He's definitely brought some energy and enthusiasm but his passing is awful. He's missed so many easy passes already.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
That first piece of play from Rooney showed how little he knows what to do in CM.

Play the ball out wide and immediately runs forward. He should have dropped a little and been available for the return pass and to keep play moving.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Rooney is beaten down by age (granted more so than Zlatan), yet somehow I dont see anyone trotting these lines out for him.

Zlatan is 35, it is perfectly natural that he is on the decline.
Age doesn't make you miss easy chances, that has nothing to do with age, he's not suffering physically.

finneh

Looks like another Falcao to me. Only he doesn't have the injury to hide behind.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
One of the worst individual displays I've seen. I like Zlatan and his presence, but I can't defend him when he plays as feckin awful as he has.

Couldn't pass, retain the ball, build play up, basically do anything tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.