Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
People are going OTT about Zlatan in my opinion. Yes he's missed his fair share of chances but he will come good. The problem we have is the duffers around him (Lingard Fellaini Rooney Blind Darmain Rojo Depay) All mediocre at best and some not even mediocre.

Dobbs

If half of the team have acted like they'd have chips on their shoulders we wouldn't get a single chance to complain about limp performances. We'd be moaning about red cards though...
I'd take the odd red card if it meant we played with passion and aggression.

TheSweeper

He's missed more OPTA classed big chances than any other player. He is getting the chances. Stop making excuses for him. The other players didn't force him to miss for two yards against Burnley.
I said I'm anti-zlatan but that's down to how Jose has 0verutilised him. We should be starting youngsters that are genuinely shown so much promise but I guess it's something we were all expecting with 0ur manager wasn't it?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
We seem to have a great relunctance to drop big name players at this club even when perfomances are poor.

Think about how long it took Rooney and Falcao before him to be dropped.

We over-indulge them and get crap perfomances in return.If players knew that their places where at threat,perhaps that would fire them on.

I hope he gets dropped soon if the poor perfomances continue.

Eriku

I said I'm anti-zlatan but that's down to how Jose has 0verutilised him. We should be starting youngsters that are genuinely shown so much promise but I guess it's something we were all expecting with 0ur manager wasn't it?
I'll ask again, because I'm confused and curious as feck: what's up with the 0 instead of o? Clearly you can still use your o key, as evidenced from the rest of your post.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I'll ask again, because I'm confused and curious as feck: what's up with the 0 instead of o? Clearly you can still use your o key, as evidenced from the rest of your post.
I would like t0 know as well :lol:

donkeyfish

We seem to have a great relunctance to drop big name players at this club even when perfomances are poor.

Think about how long it took Rooney and Falcao before him to be dropped.

We over-indulge them and get crap perfomances in return.If players knew that their places where at threat,perhaps that would fire them on.

I hope he gets dropped soon if the poor perfomances continue.
I agree with this point I think. I even remember Rooney last year, he actually played a good second half that one game we put him on the bench from the start (iirc). Against Hull(?) maybe, around Christmas.

But we haven't really got great options atm. Neither Martial nor Rashford has shown that much better form recently.

Internal competition is important though.

The United

I agree with this point I think. I even remember Rooney last year, he actually played a good second half that one game we put him on the bench from the start (iirc). Against Hull(?) maybe, around Christmas.

But we haven't really got great options atm. Neither Martial nor Rashford has shown that much better form recently.

Internal competition is important though.
Well that's because they almost haven't been played on top at all this season. It is hard to say if they will be better or worse up there atm.

TheSweeper

It's so annoying - my phone keyboard is not responding for the 'o' when ur does Jr's predictive text :mad:

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Not writing him off just yet as hes still getting in positions to miss good opportunities, so if he can rediscover his scoring boots it should be OKAY until the end of this season.
His all round game is far more irksome for me, his short passing has been all over the place and about as immobile as it gets.

Just hope he can take his next chance and he can finish the season with a 15 goal return or somewhere around that mark.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Thank god for that. Wouldn't surprise me if he will score a couple of goals in the next week now. Seems to be often the case with some strikers after some rotten weeks.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Hopefully that clears his mind a bit and he can get on a run and make up for the poor stint.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Swansea fans singing "we want our Zlatan" and then he scores :drool:

DOTA

Great chance for a hat trick here.

AXVnee7

Add finishing back to his otherwise fantastic game, and we have the deadly striker we were promised! Hope his confidence skyrockets

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is more or less what I expected to see when we signed him, and I'm sure there's more to come.

DOTA

I am gonna be mr cynical here and say we will play a lot better sides than Swansea! We need the damage against better defences
We also needed it against Burnley. Someone has to put the weaker sides away and we'll be doing a lot better if he can start doing it consistently.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Where are the haters now....

TsuWave

He's back!
He's never went anywhere, Internet forum support is incredibly fickle and a bad run of 2 or 3 games turn a bonafide beast of a player into a "fraud". Against Burnley he played well, though he should have slotted that ball pogba put on a plate right at the end, but the reaction after the match you would have thought he has been Bebe level from the start. This page already has "flat track bully" and "we will face better sides" type of replies as if Swansea hasn't done us in a few times for a couple of seasons now.

Anyways, this is a 34 year old player and he's new to the league, less than formidable days are expected, really happy that he's doing well today tho.

Reactions: Varun

WyoManU

Really happy he is scoring. But, let's be honest...the first one should never have gone in and the second was fairly lucky that the ball fell right onto his left foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.