Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There's no way Ogbonna should have got a block on that shot he made...
Someone in the match thread tried telling me there was absolutely nothing more he could have done with that chance.

The whole team is pretty much set up for our chances to fall to Ibra and he's blowing them. 7 in 12 appears good on paper but is terrible when you look at the stats underneath.

addo

He did good yesterday, had his collegues not been so wasteful he'd have 7 or 8 assists to his 7 in 12 goals..

Ixion

I thought he had a decent game. He could be more clinical but we create more when he's playing.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Was delighted with his signing and I thought after his start we'd got a bargain but looks increasingly more like just another old, past it player on big wages. Some of his misses are welbeck-esque

Sigh.

Born2Lose

He's got 7 in 12 PL games, at this pace he'll score 20+ goals which is good output for any striker. People got too carried away with his stats in Ligue 1, it was always a long shot to think he was going to replicate those numbers or come even close given it's a new league, new team and a new manager.

Our major problem is lack of goal threat outside him, we don't even try to play through the middle. Ball inevitably goes out wide, player will aim for Ibra at far post. Ball gets cleared by the defender, rinse and repeat.

Our goal scoring column shows some horrid stats, after Ibra our next top 2 goal scorers are Mata and Rashford with 3 each, Pogba with 2 and 1 from Rooney, Martial and Smalling each. That is total of 18 goals in 14 PL games, compare that number with Chelsea who have Costa on 10 PL goals, but further 17 goals from their midfielders. Similar numbers at City with Aguero on 10 goals and midfield has further 15 goals. Same applies for Arsenal and Liverpool too.

There are bigger problems in our side than Ibra's conversion rate which albeit is low for a striker of his quality but ultimately other needs to step up. Martial and Lingard who have got majority of the minutes out wide have contributed to solitary 1 goal in PL coming from Martial vs Stoke. Rashford who has been playing regularly since scoring the winner at Hull has 2 in 10. Likes of Herrera, Lingard, Young, Mkhi, Fellaini, Depay are yet to open their account while few have played very little minutes they haven't been able to make any sort of impression. Our attacking play in final third is extremely predictable and poor, it relies on Ibra being a header merchant which has always been his weakest point despite his height. Until we try different things than just put it out wide and cross our struggles in front of goal will continue.
How many goals are you expecting from the wings? If Rashford and Mata continue scoring at their current rate they'll score 11 or 12 goals from the wing by the end of the season. To me that's pretty good, Martial only get 11 last season. Rashford would also have 4 for the season if Ibrahmiovic's laziness hadn't ruled the equalizer against City as offside..

I'd be pretty certain that if Rashford got Ibrahimovic's current rate of 5.2 shots per game that his return would be better than 7 in 12. I'm basing this on the fact that Ibrahimovic is currently scoring 1 goal per 9.05 shots, and Rashford a goal every 5.33.

He did good yesterday, had his collegues not been so wasteful he'd have 7 or 8 assists to his 7 in 12 goals..
The irony being Ibrahimovic is probably the most wasteful player in the team, if not the premiership. Over 9 shots per goal scored.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How many goals are you expecting from the wings? If Rashford and Mata continue scoring at their current rate they'll score 11 or 12 goals from the wing by the end of the season. To me that's pretty good, Martial only get 11 last season. Rashford would also have 4 for the season if Ibrahmiovic's laziness hadn't ruled the equalizer against City as offside..

I'd be pretty certain that if Rashford got Ibrahimovic's current rate of 5.2 shots per game that his return would be better than 7 in 12. I'm basing this on the fact that Ibrahimovic is currently scoring 1 goal per 9.05 shots, and Rashford a goal every 5.33.

The irony being Ibrahimovic is probably the most wasteful player in the team, if not the premiership. Over 9 shots per goal scored.
This is clear Ibra hate. He has put plenty of chances for a plate for Rashford and Rooney this season only for them to fluff their lines.
Its all swings and round abouts, in any case 7 goals in 12 PL games so far is a decent record. The rest of the team need to also score more.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Or... the team did good, again, and had he not been so wasteful we'd have won the match.
Ffs.. yeah everyone did great and we will definitely gloss over the 4-5 great chances they missed, but this other guy surely cost us the win when he missed his chances, even though he was the only one who actually did score.. :houllier:
I may be biased as feck but the agenda against him is borderline pathetic atm.

FattyFooty

Ffs.. yeah everyone did great and we will definitely gloss over the 4-5 great chances they missed, but this other guy surely cost us the win when he missed his chances, even though he was the only one who actually did score.. :houllier:
I may be biased as feck but the agenda against him is borderline pathetic atm.
You biased? Funny. This is the redcafe.

At this point the users have given so far this year Rashford a total of 5.9 rating, and Zlatan has 5.8 now thats funny.
Redcafe wants him dropped, our ONLY player that scores regulary.

Most of all, alot of hes critics dont even watches the games, in fifa hes off the pace. On top of that he has a low pass % on whoscored.com which must mean he sux. Truth is he allways try for the move that actually gives a goal. That will most times give bad %.

And just use 15 secs thinking if it was him instead of Rashford who did the defending against Arsenal and the 1 on 1 vs Westham he would get all kind of shit here.

SATA

Now that i am watching him week in week out rather than his youtube highlights, i'm finding him to be over-rated a lot a lot. And i worry Jose's loyalty to Zlatan as one of the factors may eventually cause his job at United if he's not careful

Acole9

Outstanding
People need to get off his back, he's not playing badly at all. He's on course to get a respectable goal tally for the season from a top class striker. He had plenty of chances on Sunday and on another day he would've put those away.

macheda14

People need to get off his back, he's not playing badly at all. He's on course to get a respectable goal tally for the season from a top class striker. He had plenty of chances on Sunday and on another day he would've put those away.
I don't want him dropped and think he definitely has his merits but 'on another day he would've put those away' has been something we have said quite regularly about him this season, which is worrying.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't want him dropped and think he definitely has his merits but 'on another day he would've put those away' has been something we have said quite regularly about him this season, which is worrying.
He's scored an alright number of goals so far, but should easily have had double.

His miss v Stoke about 1min in set the tone for that day. He scores that, and we'd have stormed them 4 or 5-0

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You're right.
Also, on another day, we'd have turned that Stoke draw into a win....
Also, on another day, wed have turned that Burnley....
Arsenal...
West Ham..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was delighted with his signing and I thought after his start we'd got a bargain but looks increasingly more like just another old, past it player on big wages. Some of his misses are welbeck-esque

Sigh.
We shouldn't over exaggerate though.
Falcao showed what a serious clapped out player can look like, ie not even getting the chances! Though some "van Gaal era" disclaimer should also be factored in.

edcunited1878

Safe to say his finishing has let him down and the team more than expected. But he's under the microscope because of who he is and who he is playing for and because United are desperate for results and goals. Rashford was clear through on goal and yet that is getting overlooked compared to Ibra. Ogbonna's block was a great block and the shooting angle was well in favor of West Ham...anything left was literally blocked off with/without a touch and Randolph was well prepared for a shot to him or at the near post. So that's not a sitter, far from it.

RedPnutz

Man, this Chicharito is such a limited player - only scores goals and doesn't contribute to build up play. I wish we got somebody like Zlatan.

Oh wait.

Man Utd 4:1 West Ham

Man-United

He must love to play with Mkhi, Rooney and Martial. So fun to watch all of them today and a nice goal from him as well. Keeper should have got a red card though, Zlatan could easily have been injured there.

Rossa

He must love to play with Mkhi, Rooney and Martial. So fun to watch all of them today and a nice goal from him as well. Keeper should have got a red card though, Zlatan could easily have been injured there.
Blatant red card - that was intentional! If the ref didn't see it he should get one retrospectively.

Dir Wangem

On course for 30 goals if we manage to stay in the cups. 40 goals if he starts scoring on the chances he usually puts away.

Love the man.

ti vu

That was supposed to be our main 4 attackers at the start of the season in case they're all in form.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
10 goals this season. Even after an 11 game drought*. There's no way people can argue that he's a flop and keep a straight face.

*iirc

Eddy_JukeZ

Should have had 2 this game.

But he's starting to score lately, so hopefully his finishing form improves.

wr8_utd

:'(
Really wish the chances that fall to him fell to someone else. Good finish for the goal but should have scored again from that attack soon after.

Born2Lose

I've never seen such a selfish player, there were at least 2 opportunities in that first half that he should have passed it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not only is he really selfish, he's really wasteful.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Another good match today. He's not had many poor ones so far. Goals continue to flow as well, even if he misses a chance or two.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So fecking tired of the same people coming here to complain as soon as he miss chances. He scored again today and has been playing well, this also again. Stop expecting goals every time he get a chance.
He scored, and is he playing well, but he's also extremely selfish and very wasteful.

Mike09

Even though he scored but in my opinion he made some poor decision for not passing the ball to his team mate when they were in a great position or making a good run (Martial and Mkhytaryan).

flappyjay

Seems to be scoring the instinctive goals but fails when he has to compose himself and pick a spot

Mike09

You don't think a striker should go for goal in that position he was in? My God you really never find anything good in Zlatan.
What position? When he was still outside the box? That's not a position where striker should go for goal.

wr8_utd

:'(
You don't think a striker should go for goal in that position he was in? My God you really never find anything good in Zlatan.
If you're selfish, fair enough but you really need to be able to back it up by scoring the sitters you're presented with. Especially for someone of Zlatan's calibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.