Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Off to City then?

And is this the first season in 10 or so seasons he didn't win the title?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
After 2-0 he couldn't be arsed to play anymore. 2nd half got dull because Sweden didn't really care. Only got a little better when the subs came on again.

Zlatan is obviously heavily involved in everything they do. He's a very good player to have because you can't really mark him out of a game.

Jacob

Trademark Zlatan skill for the assist :drool: Hoping he does well during the Euros, our defense is too poor to go far though, especially against the likes of England and France.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
After 2-0 he couldn't be arsed to play anymore. 2nd half got dull because Sweden didn't really care. Only got a little better when the subs came on again.

Zlatan is obviously heavily involved in everything they do. He's a very good player to have because you can't really mark him out of a game.
His form with the national team has really improved since having been given a free role behind the lone striker. Long gone are the dark days of Lagerbäck with hoofing the ball up to him and then for him to lay it off to no one in particular.

I agree with Jacob that the defence is a bit of a shambles. A wreck of a keeper and no full backs that are any good at defending. There's also a striker issue with only donkeys to play in front of Zlatan. Elmander would be useful against better sides but is injured at the moment.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
What about this young lad from City that was on loan in Holland or somewhere last season?
Guidetti, yes. Injured apparently. It was a bit fishy since everyone expected him to be fit but didn't get selected in the end. I bet Hamrén just couldn't bare not selecting good old Gothenburg lad Tobias Hysén.

Sewelly The Geordie

No idea. He was all set to leave on a free last summer, even trained with Twente ahead of signing a contract with them.

Then he decided to agree a new deal with City and be loaned out instead. Struggle to see that City will ever be the right club for him.

Jacob

I'm sure you're terrified of Carroll and Downing.

Think we'll have more to worry about than you.
Well even Downing would look good up against Safari and Granqvist (Swedish fullbacks). Jonas Olsson might be used to English players but Mellberg is past it imo, completely off the pace.

Jacob

Assuming everybody were fit, I'd line up like this:

WILAND
GRANQVIST MELLBERG J.OLSSON M.OLSSON
KÄLLSTRÖM WERNBLOOM
LARSSON IBRAHIMOVIC ROSENBERG
TOIVONEN​

Jacob

I don't rate him on the wing, If you want to accomodate him I'd put Ibra up top, Elm behind him and Toivonen on the flank (not a good idea).

jeff_goldblum

Looking back it would have been interesting to see what would have happened had he declared for Croatia instead of Sweden. I think they would've made the Euro 2008 final at the least (they ended up going out on penalties against Turkey despite dominating the game, they'd have played Germany next who they'd already beaten in the group stage).

I'm always right

Looking back it would have been interesting to see what would have happened had he declared for Croatia instead of Sweden. I think they would've made the Euro 2008 final at the least (they ended up going out on penalties against Turkey despite dominating the game, they'd have played Germany next who they'd already beaten in the group stage).
Why would he have declared for them? he's a born and bred Swede.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
Croatia was never in the mix. He contemplated playing for Bosnia, mostly because his father wanted him to do but was always going to represent Sweden.

jeff_goldblum

His dad was Bosnian and his mam was Croatian, he could have declared for either of those, or Sweden. Anyway it's more of a 'it could have happened' hypothetical thing rather than a 'it nearly happened' thing. Just a thought, no offence intended :)

Cina

3rd highest goalscorer at the Yoyo's after Platini and Shearer.

What a good too.

Baxter

For me he is the best all round striker (bar Messi/Ronaldo) in the world. I'm not bothered if people think that I'd ridiculous but he is a wonderful forward.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
For me he is the best all round striker (bar Messi/Ronaldo) in the world. I'm not bothered if people think that I'd ridiculous but he is a wonderful forward.
He really is. Messi is not really an all round forward but I know what you mean. A prime Drogba would also be in this category but Zlatan's technique is superior to Drogba's. The only thing he isn't is fast. He's brilliant as the focal point of your attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.