Zlatan's Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgar allan

So that I value loyalty is ironic because my username references a bygone era? Cool.
I think that the club doesn't have any moral obligation to Ibra as he was on a one year contract and had declined to accept the offer earlier in the year of an extension.
He was obviously going to review his options at the end of the season and my view is that he wanted a final season in the CL and was going to wait to see if we secured a place before committing.

DevilRed

If he resigns with us surely we will be paying him lesss than 250k a week? Given his advancing age and injury issue

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah, not sure if I believe that unless it was pre-tax.
All wages figures in England are before tax, it's only in Spain they have post-tax figures quoted.

Still not sure the leaked figures were accurate though.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, not sure if I believe that unless it was pre-tax.
He had no transfer fee, great marketing tool/shirt sales and was fresh off being one of Europe's top goalscorers. The lack of transfer fee has to be worth at least 8m per season (about 115k a week) before you even actually factor in his wages and commercial numbers.

But yes every wage would be 'pre tax' as that's how wages are recorded over here. Whether the use tax avoidance is a complete other matter.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
If he wants to be here, give him a contract. Some posters reactions to his injury eerily remind me of animal farm. #gluefactory
A bit different given he's being paid absolute epic amounts for kicking a football around and you don't want to keep paying him epic amounts now he can no longer kick that football. I'm sure if he goes broke most European democracies won't murder him or deny him unemployment benefit if he somehow loses all his masses of millions.

Still hats off for the animal farm reference.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He had no transfer fee, great marketing tool/shirt sales and was fresh off being one of Europe's top goalscorers. The lack of transfer fee has to be worth at least 8m per season (about 115k a week) before you even actually factor in his wages and commercial numbers.

But yes every wage would be 'pre tax' as that's how wages are recorded over here. Whether the use tax avoidance is a complete other matter.
Not sure if not having a transfer fee automatically means the player gets disproportionately higher wages. Everything I've seen suggests he got about 200-250

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure if not having a transfer fee automatically means the player gets disproportionately higher wages. Everything I've seen suggests he got about 200-250
Everythings about market value, so a player who comes 'for free' can command extra monies because 'he's free', it makes economic sense. There was a 400k a week leak a while back, which also suggested Pogba was on substanically less.

I think football wages are more complicated than what's reported. IE they have to be based on signing on fees, commercial deals, appearances, achievements rather than a single flat line figure. And even then I'm sure I'm oversimplyfying the contract.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Has there been anything remotely official on his future?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would be a terrible move. His influence, charisma and leadership is worthy of an extension alone. Hel be fully fit by January and vital to our season.

Hope sky is wrong, again.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
His contract ends this month and the list-to-be-published excludes players that don't have a contract for next season minimum or have been released. So it's no news that he won't be on the list, doesn't mean that United couldn't work out a deal later in the summer.

kotha

I wouldn't take anything seriously as long as it's Sky sources!!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I would imagine/hope it's not as cut and dried as he's leaving, if his injury keeps him out until January it would be foolish by the club to keep paying his astronomical wages and only profit between Feb-May when he's back on the pitch, so maybe something that will be revisited when he's fit and ready to play again?

POF

His contract ends this month and the list-to-be-published excludes players that don't have a contract for next season minimum or have been released. So it's no news that he won't be on the list, doesn't mean that United couldn't work out a deal later in the summer.
Wasn't the point in the video that it would be certain when the list was announced?

I don't think he'll sign for anyone for months. Nobody will give him a 12 month contract on huge money to rehab for 6 months of it. If he rehabs at United, they should be able to re-sign him when fit.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Wasn't the point in the video that it would be certain when the list was announced?

I don't think he'll sign for anyone for months. Nobody will give him a 12 month contract on huge money to rehab for 6 months of it. If he rehabs at United, they should be able to re-sign him when fit.
Aye, I guess so. But yeah, exactly my point. Tomorrow will bring nothing final or definitive to the situation, unless we hear from Zlatan, Raiola or United that he won't renew. Plenty of time to sort out a contract if all parties agree.

Man-United

Now every club knows we are desperate to sign a new striker, so add + £20M on whoever we want then.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I thought I had read stories that Ibra had refused the offer to trigger the extension while he was injured as he felt he didn't want to get paid while recovering? I thought I had read it in multiple sources.

If so why can't they just employ him when he is fit?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
:( It was good while it lasted. I wish him a speedy recovery from his injury. Keeping him on would have been an enormous risk unfortunately and we'd be only getting him for half the time.

We need a striker. Doesn't matter if he is the best in his position or not. Going in with just Rashford is suicide.

POF

Now every club knows we are desperate to sign a new striker, so add + £20M on whoever we want then.
This news will only do that if nobody was listening when the club briefed the press they wanted a number 9 after Zlatan's injury.

Red_toad

Shame he didn't extend his contract when he had the chance. United can't really afford to sit around for 6 months waiting for him to get fit and then leave 6 months after that. We don't need another highly paid striker not contributing.

Red_toad

:( It was good while it lasted. I wish him a speedy recovery from his injury. Keeping him on would have been an enormous risk unfortunately and we'd be only getting him for half the time.

We need a striker. Doesn't matter if he is the best in his position or not. Going in with just Rashford is suicide.
We also have Martial and Rooney, 3 players for 1 position.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think k he will continue to train with the club and both parties will revisit the issue later.

Red_toad

Both have been shite. One likely to be even worse than last year.
Is still 3 players for 1 position, not just 1 player as per OP post. I'm not suggesting it's going to be sufficient, just pointing out the fact that we don't just have 1 striker at the club.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I don't see what the big deal is. Have him recover with us by all means (good influence to have around) and as the season shapes up it will be abundantly clear to all parties whether to reach an agreement or not.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

We've been linked with Lukaku, Belotti, Auba and Moratta so I'd say Jose sees it as a priority.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is still 3 players for 1 position, not just 1 player as per OP post. I'm not suggesting it's going to be sufficient, just pointing out the fact that we don't just have 1 striker at the club.
You can't really discount him though. Rooney is a 10 for 3 years now and martial hadn't been a 9 for Monaco or for United.

SirAnderson

Personally I hope we resign him for the many reasons listed above already. But at the same time if we get a good striker in this window, then I won't be broken up about it, but will still be a loss.

GBBQ

We could still sign him as a free agent during the season if he doesn't commit to a club (though I do think he is LA bound).

Status
Not open for further replies.