£25m Tevez Is Fergie Target To Replace Van

Feedingseagulls

Longsden_7 said:
But Chelsea dont need him, it will be a case of "We have the cash, you dont" ...
but it would be a waste of talent if he went to Chelsea, surely he could see that.
Why do you think any of this would stop them?

Number7

Ret's Slave
I can't see how we can afford him if we're after Hargreaves.

Much like the Torres rumours, there's nothing in them at all. He definitely won't be coming.

Longsden_7

I dont think it will stop them, they can have him.

But it shows they are nervous if they are going to spend upto 50Million on their strike force.

heffa

Big cow?
Longsden_7 said:
I dont think it will stop them, they can have him.

But it shows they are nervous if they are going to spend upto 50Million on their strike force.
It doesn't show that they are nervous it shows they have money and are flexing their transfer muscels. If they end up with Shevchanko and Tevez coming in then have they not fixed and possible problem in the strikeforce there was. Hell that'ld solve our so called attacking problems twice over.

Longsden_7

So lets look at Chelseas Attack

Robben - 12
Shevcheko - 30 +
Drogba - 20 +
Kalou - 8 (I think)

Possible Tevez 25 +

So thats a possible 95Mill !

Hats off

Saq

feck 17 mil owen
buy haestad for 3 and buy tevez!

heffa

Big cow?
Longsden_7 said:
So lets look at Chelseas Attack

Robben - 12
Shevcheko - 30 +
Drogba - 20 +
Kalou - 8 (I think)

Possible Tevez 25 +

So thats a possible 95Mill !

Hats off
That's basically 100 million if you include the plusses. Chickens feed for Abromovich watch next year assuming they buy Tevez this year it will look more like this. Every year they'll spend 50 million on players. They've already got players like Essien, SWP, Cudicini and Ballack regularily sitting on the bench.
Robben - 12
Shevcheko - 30 +
Drogba - 20 +
Player x - 20-30 million
Tevez 25 +

RedCanuck

For what it's worth, here's an article I found on Sportsnet:

Corinthians' lawyers handling Tevez case
August 23, 2006

SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) -- Carlos Tevez's future with Brazilian club Corinthians could be decided by the courts.

The Argentine striker has been absent from training since Sunday's 1-0 victory over Botafogo and has yet to explain his disappearance, leaving Corinthians president Alberto Dualib to say Wednesday that the club's lawyers were asked to intervene.

"The case has been handed to our legal department," Dualib told Radio Jovem Pan. "We have a contract (with Tevez) and it needs to be complied with."

Tevez, who was the biggest acquisition by a Brazilian club in 2004, did not show up for practice on Monday and Tuesday. He was seen on Monday singing in a Buenos Aires night club where a band he helped create was performing.

"He is likely to be punished because he left without talking to us and we have an important match coming up," Dualib said.

Corinthians, in 17th place in the 20-team first division and struggling to avoid relegation, was to play Juventude Wednesday night in the southern city of Caxias do Sul. The defending champion has won two straight, but has only 19 points from 18 matches.

After playing in the victory over Botafogo on Sunday, Tevez hinted he might leave the team. He did not elaborate, but said the match might have been his last with the club.

Reports said that Tevez was upset because Corinthians coach Leao refused to release him for Argentina's friendly against Brazil on Sept. 3 in London.

Local media also said Tevez was upset after being dropped as the team captain.

England-based Media Sports Investment, Corinthians' financial partner, paid a Brazilian record $19.5-million US transfer Tevez from Argentina's Boca Juniors in 2004. He led the club to its fourth Brazilian league title and was chosen as the league's best player.

There have been rumours in recent months that Tevez would be transfered to an European club, but MSI president Kia Joorabchian and Dualib have denied the speculation.

"There haven't been any offers so far," Dualib said, adding that now the club might be open for a negotiation because of Tevez's disappearance.

Tevez, a member of Argentina's squad at the World Cup in Germany, has scored 15 goals for Corinthians this year.

heffa

Big cow?
Corinthians should just let the player go, if reports are true he fears for his and his family's safety. Any club with a player in such a predicament should transfer him out of the country. It is not as if they couldn't get real good money for him anyway.

thoward

It's not a lisp!
http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16102
Just read on Red News forum(probably bullshit)

Placar agency (South American news-agency)

Manchester United are close to sealing the £16.9 million pound transfer of controversial Argentinean forward, Carlos Tevez.
The player, who has gone on strike from current club, Corinthians, will reportedly sign a five year contract with the Old Trafford outfit, by the close of the European transfer window. His agent, Adrián Ruocco, who has been in England trying to negotiate the transfer of Tevez to Manchester United, confirmed to the Placar agency, that his client was “very close to moving to a club in England”. Although he did not disclose the name of the club, sources in South America claim that Manchester United will be the eventual destination of Carlos Tevez.
This would represent a major coup for United as they had faced stiffed competition for Tevez’s signature from the likes of Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Internazionale. Chelsea were also very interested in Tevez and were even believed to have made a last minute bid for the player, in a complicated deal, which would have seen Tevez join French club, Rennes, on loan. However, the player rejected the move, sighting a preference join Argentinean compatriot, Gabriel Heinze, at Manchester United, rather than go on loan to France, for a season

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Club in England FFS, with Corinthians connections with Chelsea and lack of strikers at Stamford Bridge it's more than certain that he will join them, not us.

Wes

Sarni said:
Club in England FFS, with Corinthians connections with Chelsea and lack of strikers at Stamford Bridge it's more than certain that he will join them, not us.
how the feck can it be more than certain? what the feck are you babbling on about? we've got a chance to sign him without question, a bargain at that price.

Mainoldo

Sarni said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but when did a club in England straight away mean Chelsea!! What is it with all this connection bullshit aswell aslong as we get them to accept our offer(If we were to offer) it would be down to the player know matter what connections the two clubs have, if that was the case why didn't we sign Kaka considering we have strong links with Sao Paulo???

Sarni

Because we weren't interested in Kaka.

We've already spent almost 20 million on midfielder and will most possibly spend another 20 on another midfielder, which give a total amount of 40 million. Tevez would probably cost something around 20 million too, can we really afford that? I doubt it.

We've looked really strong in attack so far, aren't that short of back-ups with Solskjaer, Smith and Rossi on the bench.

On the other hand, Chelsea have only Shevchenko and Drogba, Kalou could play there but most likely won't. I don't think Mourinho fancy ending this window without new striker, I might be wrong though, just my thoughts.

I don't believe we will sign Tevez nevertheless.

Mainoldo

WesBrownIsaGod said:
tell you what, if he joins chelsea, i'll eat my hat.
Can't say i'm as confident as you...I feel Tevez going to Chelsea would be the best move for Tevez and Chelsea but i have a feeling he would rather play for us!!! i just hope the reports about us being interested are true

heffa

Big cow?
I don't think Chelsea need another striker, they have Drogba and Shevchenko as there out and out strikers and Kalou, Robben, SWP and Cole as the players who can play in the 4-3-3/4-5-1 as the wingers/strikers. This leaves the with Ballack, Obi Mikel and Lampard as possibilities to play just behind the striker.
They really don't need Tevez but that hasn't stopped them getting a player before.

Number7

Ret's Slave
thoward said:

Manchester United are close to sealing the £16.9 million pound transfer of controversial Argentinean forward, Carlos Tevez.
The player, who has gone on strike from current club, Corinthians, will reportedly sign a five year contract with the Old Trafford outfit, by the close of the European transfer window. His agent, Adrián Ruocco, who has been in England trying to negotiate the transfer of Tevez to Manchester United, confirmed to the Placar agency, that his client was “very close to moving to a club in England”. Although he did not disclose the name of the club, sources in South America claim that Manchester United will be the eventual destination of Carlos Tevez.
This would represent a major coup for United as they had faced stiffed competition for Tevez’s signature from the likes of Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Internazionale. Chelsea were also very interested in Tevez and were even believed to have made a last minute bid for the player, in a complicated deal, which would have seen Tevez join French club, Rennes, on loan. However, the player rejected the move, sighting a preference join Argentinean compatriot, Gabriel Heinze, at Manchester United, rather than go on loan to France, for a season
Oh god here we go again...

We're aftyer Hargreaves...we won't be able to afford both him and Tevez, and seeing as though we are still after Hargreaves, there's no logic in thinking that we're going after Tevez.

Wes

if i was a talent young creative player there'd be no question, outside of loyalties, united are the better option. he needs games in a passind team, whereas chelsea are shit hoofers.

i reckon we have the money and ferguson must rate him. look at it, we've been interested in Torres 25mill, Adraino same ballpark and tevez, same again, if not cheaper. I think ferguson wants quality over quantity, i.e. buying someone like defoe.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Number7 said:
Oh god here we go again...

We're aftyer Hargreaves...we won't be able to afford both him and Tevez, and seeing as though we are still after Hargreaves, there's no logic in thinking that we're going after Tevez.
How many times have we been "favourites" to sign a player before?

If you look at how we played in the last couple of games, i dont think Tevez would be the right player. We play on the wings and with crosses (most goals came after a cross so far), while he's pretty small

Sarni

I'd like to add that this news above was posted on that forum RedNews by poster who has a reputation of muppet and WUM.

RedCanuck

Latest from 365:

TEVEZ CLOSE TO ENGLISH MOVE - AGENT
Posted 25/08/06 17:29

Carlos Tevez's spell at Corinthians could be over after his agent revealed the striker was on the brink of a move to England.

The 22-year-old Argentina international was stripped of the captaincy by new Corinthians coach Emerson Leao and walked out on the club earlier this week.

He is now back in Sao Paulo in a bid to avoid a hefty fine but he has yet to train with the squad.

His agent Adrian Rucco said on Friday: "Tevez is very close to moving to an English club."

Manchester United have been linked with a move for Tevez, while Bayern Munich and AC Milan are also thought to be interested in the striker.

Tevez cost Corinthians a South American record fee of 18million in December 2004.

Sarni

Another thing, would you believe that we sorted out deal without any fuss? :smirk:

Easy V

Sarni said:
Connections?

What connections do they have with Chelsea? From what i've heard, the main shareholder of Corinthians was taken to court by Abramovich in the past. Something close to that anyway.

Whatever their past is, they're far from friends, and there is no connection at all between the clubs. Corinthians are not Chelsea's feeder club.

We have as much chance as anybody else. Although tbh, we don't need him.

Number7

Ret's Slave
There's more chance of it being Arsenal than us.

They need a new striker more than we do, and they'll have the cash from the Reyes/Cole deals should they go through.

Sarni

Number7 said:
There's more chance of it being Arsenal than us.

They need a new striker more than we do, and they'll have the cash from the Reyes/Cole deals should they go through.
They haven't sold Reyes yet and even if they do, there will still be Henry, Adebayor and van Persie to choose from. I doubt they'd have money for that transfer too.

I tip Newcastle to be his destination if Chelsea deal collapses.

Red17

Sarni said:
Another thing, would you believe that we sorted out deal without any fuss? :smirk:
Smith
Heinze
Park
Van der Sar
Vidic
Evra

just to name a recent few....

Cold_Boy

thoward said:

it will start partying if this is true.

Sarni

Red17 said:
Smith
Heinze
Park
Van der Sar
Vidic
Evra

just to name a recent few....
With Park there were a lot of comments from PSV director saying that he won't come cheap, it wasn't a particularly long saga, but far from being a sudden and unexpected deal.

Smith's move was also covered widely by press long before it came true and there were quite a few comments both from him and Leeds' chairman.

Van der Sar deal was unexpected, but then again, he was hardly a player chased by host of European clubs.

Vidic, Russian press reported our interest three weeks before the deal went through. I'd agree that it was quite unexpected one though.

With Evra it was similar to Smith's case, it took us some time to get it sorted out and our name was linked with him before.

There haven't even been any news about us making a bid for Tevez so far. I'd be very suprised if we signed him, positively though as I believe that players of his class would always be useful for team with our ambitions.