Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
This is the guy I'd like to see at United next year as far as strikers go.
I just think he's technically very good from the limited time I've seen of him. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Now i am a Lukaku fan also, and don't get the hate for him, but honestly, when the news broke that he's chosen the club he wants to play for, I was sort of hoping it wasn't United as I'd just prefer this guy. You'd also get him for quite a bit less

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Well, it is a record of top speed, clearly there are many other factors, but in the case of Morata I think that indicates that he is not the typical static center forward that barely moves.
He can play falling to the wing, and is valid for counterattack. About his speed with the ball ... right now I do not remember, but I'd say it's pretty decent.
Yeah, I'm not discounting Morata's speed, it was a general observation. He was quite good on a counter for Juve, with and without the ball

Mainoldo

Well, it is a record of top speed, clearly there are many other factors, but in the case of Morata I think that indicates that he is not the typical static center forward that barely moves.
He can play falling to the wing, and is valid for counterattack. About his speed with the ball ... right now I do not remember, but I'd say it's pretty decent.
Yeah you can pretty much tell he's quick though. I don't think that was ever in doubt neither his mobility unless you want to be ignorant and class him as just a target man because he's 6'2.

pacifictheme

This is the signing for me. Second only to greizmann but he actually makes way more sense anyway. Never really understood how greizmann and pogba fitted together. Morata can be a star at united.

M4YON

This is the signing for me. Second only to greizmann but he actually makes way more sense anyway. Never really understood how greizmann and pogba fitted together. Morata can be a star at united.
Then may i suggest you watch France in the Euro's. Morata would be great here no doubt but don't get confused with what role Griezmann would play at United he'd suit our system down to a tee!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
These things also told me Robben was the fastest player in the Euro's. Not being funny but we know that aint true.
What? Robben is very quick. watch how he burnt away from Ramos.

VanGaalEra

Just pay the £45M they want for him, he'd be a great buy.

Ask Juve fans how much they rate him.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
He looked the quickest player on the field in the final. Were is this evidence of speed declining. He would score more goals that the James and Morata package.

Top 10 player? James maybe.. Morata? No chance. They would be a quality addition i agree.. Only if DDG stays though. Otherwise bad business.. You keep DDG buy Lacazette and Douglas Costa you get the same outcome.
I have no evidence, I'm not the most statistically inclined guy on here and only really go on what I've seen and he doesn't seem to me as blisteringly quick as he once was. I may be wrong about him and he could be a fantastic signing but I just can't shake the feeling that signing him would end up blowing up in our face massively. Saying all this, can't see Madrid parting with him yet or him even wanting to leave anytime soon.

In regards to Morata, you're right that was an over-exaggeration on my part. He definitely could go on to be a fantastic player for us though, I don't see any real weakness in his game. Quality baller both him and James, not big into Lacazette and Costa tbh.

This also might sound weird considering how important he's been to us but I really couldn't give a damn whether De Gea stays or goes. Jose has our defence organised fantastically, it's goals I want to see him adding to the team. If Jose wants Morata and James but it's going to cost us De Gea, I'd roll the dice and go for it.

King_Cantona07

Morata would suit a lot for our pacy forwards on right and left. He has got decent link up and hold up capabilities like benzema which helps players like rashford to play off him. He has shown brilliant moments like goal created against Bayern. I wish this is the number 9 and be done with it.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I'd choose him every day of the week over Lukaku, brilliant player.

Scholsey2004

Then may i suggest you watch France in the Euro's. Morata would be great here no doubt but don't get confused with what role Griezmann would play at United he'd suit our system down to a tee!
He actually said he couldnt see how griezmann and pogba fitted together. Its true that griezmann was fantastic at the euro's but pogba was in and out of the side struggling for form. Not sure theres a huge amount of evidence for pogba and griezmann complementing each other on the pitch, despite being good mates.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I'd love Morata here but I want to see some reliable articles. There's no point getting excited over nothing, the only dead cert at the moment seems like that Lindelof fella.

Who are we going to get in as the creative ball player for midfield too?

Alabaster Codify7

The problem here, is he literally seems to have no interest or desire to come here. He's come across as another pawn in Madrid's toy-to-fund-a-toy transfer strategy (like James) - players like this seem to feel they 'peaked' by joining Madrid and rarely seem to recapture their form or fire once they are inevitably pushed out the door. Add to that, his head would be in Italy where his missus would undoubtedly go to live and we're left with one unhappy chap going through the motions.

AndyJ1985

The problem here, is he literally seems to have no interest or desire to come here. He's come across as another pawn in Madrid's toy-to-fund-a-toy transfer strategy (like James) - players like this seem to feel they 'peaked' by joining Madrid and rarely seem to recapture their form or fire once they are inevitably pushed out the door. Add to that, his head would be in Italy where his missus would undoubtedly go to live and we're left with one unhappy chap going through the motions.
What do you want? For him to write us a love letter? No player we sign ever shows any desire to join because they all keep their mouth shut until they've signed the contract.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
We signed him last summer - world record fee!
I suppose I mean a different type of creativity. A controller, a distributor. Herrera - Pogba - younger Carrick is what's needed. Someone like Kroos would be perfect.

Bwuk

I can't say I've seen loads of Morata, so watched some clips of him on YouTube (understandably not the best way to scout someone).

Just me or does his hold up remind anyone of a younger Zlatan? He seems to have a very good first touch.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'd love Morata here but I want to see some reliable articles. There's no point getting excited over nothing, the only dead cert at the moment seems like that Lindelof fella.

Who are we going to get in as the creative ball player for midfield too?
Tbf, the state of some of the sources linking us to Lindelof.

A Bola, O Jogo, and Record

We just have to be patient, one of these days in the window we'll announce a signing when least expected. There's so much we don't know.

Jaybomb

We shouldn't give De Gea for a bench warmer. That would be absurd.

Morata is a good player but it's obvious he's desperate to make it at Real Madrid. His heart is there. Just like Raul before him. We need players who know what it means to play for Manchester United. Lukaku would be a much better signing and so would Harry Kane. Those guys are Premier League proven as well.

MyOnlySolskjaer

I don't know anything about the credibility of the following source but was posted on reddit:

Cuatro: Morata ya ha decidido su futuro y quiere ir a una equipo de la Premier la próxima temporada

Translation of source:

Alvaro Morata has already decided that he wants to go to José Mourinho's Manchester United. The Spanish striker trusts the Portuguese coach, who gave him his debut with Real Madrid, and wants to go to Old Trafford. Therefore, Morata would reject the offer of Milan not to play in a rival team of Juventus, his old team in Italy. Now depends on United and Madrid agreeing on a price to leave Madrid.

Zoo

As if, Bouhafsi said last week that Milan were bidding 50M Euros plus bonuses and was expected to be accepted by Real.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

78m?? Feck me, i thought he would go for around 50m.

Well, they hold all the cards, seems like Morata would like to stay.

Jaxa

Yikes.
Going on this being true (it's probably not) I despise this lot, absolute poison and Sir Alex knew it too with his virus comment, come across as a bunch of stubboring f*ckers and there "it's our way or nothing" dealings

Screw them, I really hope we don't sign anyone from them and De Gea stays, the thought of giving them what they want makes me vomit a little

MyOnlySolskjaer

Going on this being true (it's probably not) I despise this lot, absolute poison and Sir Alex knew it too with his virus comment, come across as a bunch of stubboring f*ckers and there "it's our way or nothing" dealings

Screw them, I really hope we don't sign anyone from them and De Gea stays, the thought of giving them what they want makes me vomit a little
It's true.

el3mel

Can Real be pressing us on the price to force us giving them De Gea and decrease Morata's fee ?

Snafu17

Yeah, they can feck off. Might as well throw 130m € to Monaco for Mbappe then.

Klopp_De_Klown

SO you all seen the 60M claim from "Lie Sports News HQ"tm
Can we discredit this yet?

Is there any truth in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.