Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

notcool

Supports
a
Also people seem to forget who Morata is playing for and the only way Real are going to do business with us is if we sell them De Gea which is far from a fair deal in any way at all, Morata isn't even one of the top ten strikers in the world and is Real's second or third choice striker yet we'd allow the best keeper in the world to leave when he's still not even at his proper peak ?
I don't see why this would be the case. If Morata only wants to come to us over another team and we offer what Real Madrid wants, he'll come to us. Also, if we bid more than another team Real Madrid will want to sell to us. Not sure Real Madrid even want De Gea anyway. They seem to quite like Navas in the dressing room.

Mainoldo

I'm not sure that you can have "glimpses" of being a composed finisher. Every striker has some goals where he showed composure, so every striker is a potentially composed finisher?
Well how else do you make a judgement? Glimpses can be changed to occasionally if you like. Christiano Ronaldo showed he had a great striker on him. I think he's pretty much clarified he's consistency. What's hard to grasp.

SATA

Beats me how does Di Marzio exactly know Jose has been calling Morata every day unless he installed a listening device to their phones or something

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He works hard, that's about it. He's a limited player and he really should be at a mid table club; the longer he stays at Arsenal the better, as far as I'm concerned. He's the complete opposite of a composed finisher.
Another problem he has is he's not a striker and he's not a winger. He's a squad player at best for a top club.

Classical Mechanic

I don't see why this would be the case. If Morata only wants to come to us over another team and we offer what Real Madrid wants, he'll come to us. Also, if we bid more than another team Real Madrid will want to sell to us. Not sure Real Madrid even want De Gea anyway. They seem to quite like Navas in the dressing room.
They have been trying to flog Morata since last summer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In fairness, they were probably talking shite back then, just like they are now.
Nopes. His poor record in front of goal earned him that comparison.

Fair enough if he's improved but he's definitely been very Welbeckish till before this season.

Robbie Boy

Nopes. His poor record in front of goal earned him that comparison.

Fair enough if he's improved but he's definitely been very Welbeckish till before this season.
Nah, there must be better comparisons. Welbeck, for me, is such a poor player. Anytime I've seen Morata, he's looked a far better all-round player.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Well we're not a top team yet so he'll be a good player for us.
If you aspire to be a top team you buy top players no? Makes no sense.

Why would we want Welbeck anyway?

SATA

It does seems like he's coming here and United are negotiating with his club and agent. Otherwise he would probably be a Milan player already by now i thought

amolbhatia50k

Nah, there must be better comparisons. Welbeck, for me, is such a poor player. Anytime I've seen Morata, he's looked a far better all-round player.
Better but the comparison gives you the gist. BTW, Welbeck isn't a poor players at all. His all round game is good. If he scored goals he'd be highly regarded. He's just shit in the final third, and his fitness is poor too.

Robbie Boy

Better but the comparison gives you the gist. BTW, Welbeck isn't a poor players at all. His all round game is good. If he scored goals he'd be highly regarded. He's just shit in the final third, and his fitness is poor too.
Each to their own I guess, but I don't rate Welbeck and I never have. I think he's a bang average footballer but a grafter / hard worker. Footballing ability wise? Nah, for me, there's so, so many better than him that are at much smaller clubs.

I can't say I've watched an amazing amount of Morata but he managed to get 15 league goals last season; Welbeck has 16 over the course of the past 4 seasons. Morata is also 2 years younger and has more to his game than Welbeck, like, by a distance.

Sparky Rhiwabon

It does seems like he's coming here and United are negotiating with his club and agent. Otherwise he would probably be a Milan player already by now i thought
Yeah, looking increasingly like he is coming - partly by default with other targets (Griezeman, Lukaku, Mbappe) going elsewhere or not moving

Saf94

And if they ever want to get De Gea then refusing to sell us players for no legitimate reason is a sure fire way to never get him.

If they want to sign our players they need to stay on good terms with us, not just refusing to release players who want to come to us because they're being petty

amolbhatia50k

Each to their own I guess, but I don't rate Welbeck and I never have. I think he's a bang average footballer but a grafter / hard worker. Footballing ability wise? Nah, for me, there's so, so many better than him that are at much smaller clubs.

I can't say I've watched an amazing amount of Morata but he managed to get 15 league goals last season; Welbeck has 16 over the course of the past 4 seasons. Morata is also 2 years younger and has more to his game than Welbeck, like, by a distance.
Prior to this season his record is quite Welbeck i.e shit. If he's genuinely improved then we should definitely go for him because his all round game is quality.

I dont agree about Welbeck. His all round game is good IMO. His touch, turn of space, quality in tight spaces etc. is all impressive. Not top class but very good. If he scored goals noone would complain about that part. I mean, how good is Lukaku on the ball? Kane? They do much less. And I'm someone who has always been critical of Welbeck and found the fascination with him hilarious.

kr0nix

Prior to this season his record is quite Welbeck i.e shit. If he's genuinely improved then we should definitely go for him because his all round game is quality.

I dont agree about Welbeck. His all round game is good IMO. His touch, turn of space, quality in tight spaces etc. is all impressive. Not top class but very good. If he scored goals noone would complain about that part. I mean, how good is Lukaku on the ball? Kane? They do much less. And I'm someone who has always been critical of Welbeck and found the fascination with him hilarious.
Kane is far better on the ball than Welbeck will ever be.

Robbie Boy

To be honest, I was first impressed by Morata when I saw him at Juve. Yeah his goal scoring record wasn't anything special, but he was technically far better than I thought he was and he's deceptively quick, too. I only caught glimpses of him last season but I mean, 15 league goals in 26 games is pretty impressive for a rotation player.

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree on Welbeck. I feel he had so many deficiencies to his game - most notably in front of goal - that his other attributes got wildly exaggerated (on here mostly). Kane btw, is a far better all-round player than Welbeck. I mean, he's ok at plenty of things, but again, no better than plenty of players at far smaller teams than Arsenal. I suppose watching him get overrated beyond belief on here over the years, has possibly skewed my opinions on him.

amolbhatia50k

To be honest, I was first impressed my Morata when I saw him at Juve. Yeah his goal scoring record wasn't anything special, but he was technically far better than I thought he was and he's deceptively quick, too. I only caught glimpses of him last season but I mean, 15 league goals in 26 games is pretty impressive for a rotation player.

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree on Welbeck. I feel he had so many deficiencies to his game - most notably in front of goal - that his other attributes got wildly exaggerated (on here mostly). Kane btw, is a far better all-round player than Welbeck. I mean, he's ok at plenty of things, but again, no better than plenty of players at far smaller teams than Arsenal. I suppose watching him get overrated beyond belief on here over the years, has possibly skewed my opinions on him.
This season he has been very impressive no doubt.

As for Welbeck, I dont even rate him highly. He's an average striker. Like I said, I just feel the other parts of his game are quite good.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I like Morata a lot, and at 24 we'd be getting his best years, looking at the situation realistically, it's either us or Chelsea for him you'd presume.
I still think we'd need a goalscoring no.10 this summer, as well as Morata, he's not a prolific goalscorer, Greizmann would have been perfect but alas...

ash_86

With Lukaku favoring Chelsea, we have a clear shot of him. Im only worried that madrid would want DDG included in any deal we make.

davidmichael

It's what the president wants at Real, not the dressing room. I can remember countless reports of Ronaldo and Ramos being furious about Ozil being sold and others being brought in but the president does what he wants and the manager has to fit it in.

Real would want De Gea if we went for any of their players and if I'm honest I'd rather hang on to De Ge than give him to Real for any of their players especially when Lukaku is a better fit for us and proven in our league than Morata is, Real would just have De Gea AND Navas because they can.

Mainoldo

With Lukaku favoring Chelsea, we have a clear shot of him. Im only worried that madrid would want DDG included in any deal we make.
Lets be honest. What are they going to say? No we want De Gea? They are willing to sell and could do with the funds either through him or James. Apparently Juve wanted Herrara that didn't stop our deal. Madrid always get players from us without us requesting a player coming the other way.

We wanted Vidal did that stop Juventus trying to by Evra. Basically we can get him and probably James without sacrificing De Gea.

kr0nix

In what way? Kane is nothing great on the ball.
When it comes down to it, what you need from your #9 (aside from scoring goals) is the ability to hold up the ball and retain possession, beat a man, create opportunities for teammates. Kane's actually very good at this. He's good at receiving the ball in the air and on the ground, sees passes well, and a confident enough dribbler who is not that easy to dispossess. Even if he isn't spectacular at any of these things, he's probably more effective at them than Welbeck is.

WPMUFC

Lukaku to chelsea all but confirmed.

All our eggs in the morata basket even though he openly states he wants to stay at Real Madrid and Di Marzio reports his wife only wants to move to Milan.

feck me. So much for our no.9 search.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I hope this doesn't drag on just because they want De Gea. I can't think of a better striker than Morata who would be available.

MadMike

Lets be honest. What are they going to say? No we want De Gea? They are willing to sell and could do with the funds either through him or James. Apparently Juve wanted Herrara that didn't stop our deal. Madrid always get players from us without us requesting a player coming the other way.

We wanted Vidal did that stop Juventus trying to by Evra. Basically we can get him and probably James without sacrificing De Gea.
Why do they need the funds especially if not to sign De Gea?

They are sorted all over the pitch. Maybe a younger CB to replace Pepe but that's about it. And I'm sure they can afford that from their profits after a year of La Liga and CL double.

They have the best full backs, great balance in CM and so many options in attack that they have problems fitting them in. They don't need the money for nothing.

El-Manos

Lukaku to chelsea all but confirmed.

All our eggs in the morata basket even though he openly states he wants to stay at Real Madrid and Di Marzio reports his wife only wants to move to Milan.

feck me. So much for our no.9 search.
Our options are narrowing down extremely fast.

WPMUFC

I hope this doesn't drag on just because they want De Gea. I can't think of a better striker than Morata who would be available.
after Morata's openly stated his desire to stay at Real Madrid, whose saying Morata is actually available?

Mainoldo

Why do they need the funds especially if not to sign De Gea?

They are sorted all over the pitch. Maybe a younger CB to replace Pepe but that's about it. And I'm sure they can afford that from their profits after a year of La Liga and CL double.

They have the best full backs, great balance in CM and so many options in attack that they have problems fitting them in. They don't need the money for nothing.
They want Mbappe, was intested in Hazard. The players I mentioned are surplus to requirements for them. So yes they could do with the funds. I did say they need it to stay afloat did I. If Everton offered us £30m for Rooney we are not going to turn it down because they want £100m for Lukaku, whether we get him or not.

MrSingh2002

They want Mbappe. The players I mentioned are surplus to requirements for them. So yes they could do with the funds. I did say they need it to stay afloat did I. If Everton offered us £30m for Rooney we are not going to turn it down because they want £100m for Lukaku, whether we get him or not.
Mbapp is rubbish. We need James milner and Lallana.

WPMUFC

They already have Benzema and will almost certainly add Mbappe; he's not going to get much game time if he did stay so it's very unlikely.
The best rumour we have for morata is that he's speaking to jose. That was Di marzio, he's great, but its the same bloke that broke Morata to Milan because of the wife, and also that personal terms were agreed. So on Morata, i don't know if Di Marzio has the inside track.

This rumour seemingly has less legs than almost anyone else we've been heavily linked to.

Ole90+3

The best rumour we have for morata is that he's speaking to jose. That was Di marzio, he's great, but its the same bloke that broke Morata to Milan because of the wife, and also that personal terms were agreed. So on Morata, i don't know if Di Marzio has the inside track.

This rumour seemingly has less legs than almost anyone else we've been heavily linked to.
Wasn't that reported before the Griezmann break down?

WPMUFC

Wasn't that reported before the Griezmann break down?
my point is, he openly states that he wants to stay with Madrid. Up until that point the best rumour was that he was off to milan, now that same great journo says jose is constantly calling him. Which leads me to think on morata, Di Marzio might not be getting very good info.

This "rumour" for Morata to MUFC seems to be built on a foundation of egg shells laying in quick sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.