Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole90+3

my point is, he openly states that he wants to stay with Madrid. Up until that point the best rumour was that he was off to milan, now that same great journo says jose is constantly calling him. Which leads me to think on morata, Di Marzio might not be getting very good info.

This "rumour" for Morata to MUFC seems to be built on a foundation of egg shells laying in quick sand.
All of your first paragraph could be true though. Di Marzio has proven again this summer that he as reliable as they come with journos. He reported that Griezmann was no longer a priority before any of the English lads reported it.

Infra-red

The best rumour we have for morata is that he's speaking to jose. That was Di marzio, he's great, but its the same bloke that broke Morata to Milan because of the wife, and also that personal terms were agreed. So on Morata, i don't know if Di Marzio has the inside track.

This rumour seemingly has less legs than almost anyone else we've been heavily linked to.
The Telegraph, ESPN and Duncan Castles also have him as a United target, along with Di Marzio.

WPMUFC

The Telegraph, ESPN and Duncan Castles also have him as a United target, along with Di Marzio.
Di Marzio says Jose is calling him. Great. All that calling = "I love playing for Madrid", no hedging comments. Openly states he wants to stay.

Duncan Castles is saying we are asking for morata and money to get Madrid to back off from De Gea. Nothing solid there.

Telegraph and ESPN? I might as well ask indykilla.

khoazany

Looks like he's the most likely to come out of the strikers. Good age and profile, the only concern is his goalscoring records before this season.

Infra-red

Di Marzio says Jose is calling him. Great. All that calling = "I love playing for Madrid", no hedging comments. Openly states he wants to stay.

Duncan Castles is saying we are asking for morata and money to get Madrid to back off from De Gea. Nothing solid there.

Telegraph and ESPN? I might as well ask indykilla.
Oh well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see - it is afterall only June 6th. Things will likely be clearer in 5 weeks time.

Mainoldo

Looks like he's the most likely to come out of the strikers. Good age and profile, the only concern is his goalscoring records before this season.
Thank god you got that in. Would have had to hear mintues per goal stats again.

What kind of attacking player do you reckon would compliment him? I feel he would be ideal with a Griezmann type player who could offer goals, but that's out the window.

Adnandos

Spanish Welbeck :lol::lol: What has Welbeck done to deserve this level of praise, they're polar opposites in terms of the most important quality of a striker, finishing goals. What an ignorant comparison

Axkiko

The only concern is Madrid will ask DDG in exchange for James/Bale/Morata during the negotiation.

I won't give up DDG for anyone. Hope Woodward can exclude any possibility for DDG as part of the deal on any Madrid player we're interest

WPMUFC

The only concern is Madrid will ask DDG in exchange for James/Bale/Morata during the negotiation.

I won't give up DDG for anyone. Hope Woodward can exclude any possibility for DDG as part of the deal on any Madrid player we're interest
If Duncan Castles is right, the whole notion of asking for Morata and cash was to get Madrid to back off from De Gea. If Castles is right, we don't even want morata because it's all about keeping De Gea.

Our best rumour right now is that Jose is calling him.

Z_Wolf

If Duncan Castles is right, the whole notion of asking for Morata and cash was to get Madrid to back off from De Gea. If Castles is right, we don't even want morata because it's all about keeping De Gea.

Can't we just tell them he isn't for sell?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he don't wanna come then sod him.

But let's be honest we desperately need 2 strikers, we are fast running out.

MadMike

That makes no sense though. Because neither was the price quoted a "hands-off" price, neither the player quoted as wanted in exchange is player that Madrid do not consider selling. How exactly is that going to make RM back off DDG? Like I said at the time it sounded like we really wanted to make a deal.

Mainoldo

How does this sound?

Woodward: €50m for Morata?!
RM: How much for DDG
Woodward: Not for sale!
RM: How about if we offer you €20m plus Morata?
Woodward: No! So €50m for Morata then?

Jesus it's not rocket science.

khoazany

Thank god you got that in. Would have had to hear mintues per goal stats again.

What kind of attacking player do you reckon would compliment him? I feel he would be ideal with a Griezmann type player who could offer goals, but that's out the window.
I think we need more players who can score goals regardless (without sacrificing much on build up play quality). Morata and obviously Griezmann fits the bill. Plus the likes of Mkhi and Pogba needs to gear up in that regard, especially if we play a lot of 4-3-3 next season so Pogba will be the "10". Having a more offensive left back would probably help as well.

cheeky_backheel

It would be bad business to hold on to DDG and miss out on Morata+James.

All this talk about not selling best GK in the world is silly and sentimental. We need attackers more than we need a great GK. No matter how good a GK, he cannot win you games. Buffon, Oblak, and Neuer are all better GKs than Navas, but Madrid sent all those teams packing out of the CL. The margins have to be very thin for the GK to be the difference. Even those lower club keepers were looking like WC at OT last season

If Madrid will take DDG+Cash for Morata+James, I hope Ed is all over it like white on rice. Its the best opportunity we have to get quality players at a less inflated price.

As the window progresses, we will have less players to choose from and potential late signings are more likely to miss preseason as well which could result ina slow start to the season.

Mainoldo

All this talk about not selling best GK in the world is silly and sentimental. We need attackers more than we need a great GK. No matter how good a GK, he cannot win you games. Buffon, Oblak, and Neuer are all better GKs than Navas, but Madrid sent all those teams packing out of the CL. The margins have to be very thin for the GK to be the difference. Even those lower club keepers were looking like WC at OT last season

If Madrid will take DDG+Cash for Morata+James, I hope Ed is all over it like white on rice. Its the best opportunity we have to get quality players at a less inflated price.

As the window progresses, we will have less players to choose from and potential late signings are more likely to miss preseason as well which could result ina slow start to the season.
Selling DDG and getting a top tier outfielder attacker makes sense. Buying a lower tier player and calling it good business makes no sense. If we sold DDG but obtained Bale fair enough. We could get an Oblak and keep it moving. James and Morata no thanks.

reddevil702

If real are going for mbappe. Then they will sell him for sure. Him and Jamez along with fabinho and lindelof and our summer would have been solid.
Would actually be very happy with these transfers as it covers most of our needs.

I agree with you that attacking players are more important than GK but neither James or Morata are WC, just to be clear I'd love for us to sign them both. If we were doing a cash & player swap for someone like Lewandoski or Girezmann then I'd be all for it. We have the money to buy them outright and Real is looking to sell them both anyway so our best business would be to keep DDG and buy them if we really are interested.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think that Morata is a good Player but just does not fit in the actual set-up of Real. He is more of a traditional 9 needing classic wingers left and right which Ronaldo and Bale are not.
Maybe this is also the reason why Real have moved away from signing Aguero or Aubameyang (or maybe These stories have just been made up in the past).
Benzema is just a perfect Partner for Ronaldo and Bale.

midnightmare

Finally someone talking complete sense. Fully agree. Morata and James are far superior to any attacker we have in those positions.

To hear some on here talk, you'd think we had a RM-like team. We don't. They'd tear us a new one if we played with current squads. Morata and James are just not as good as Ronaldo, Bale, Modric and Benzema who are all in at least the top 3 players in those positions in world football. That's not a crime. Specially since we don't have any player in the top 10in those positions.

Martial may come good - but could equally easily do a repeat of this season. Same for Mkhi. So let's not become like the scousers. When a team is as good as Real, you don't sniff at their bench players. Barca and Real dumped Sanchez and Ozil. Don't think either is too shabby. Same for Robben earlier too.

We need class players who will improve the team and these two will do that for sure.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Meh, given the caf's obsession with pace and the fact Morata is faster than Bale, you'd think the muppets would be wind-milling their c*cks at the prospect of signing him :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Meh, given the caf's obsession with pace and the fact Morata is faster than Bale, you'd think the muppets would be wind-milling their c*cks at the prospect of signing him :lol:
What?

Is he now? I find that hard to believe!

itso 7

As the window progresses, we will have less players to choose from and potentiial late signings are more likely to miss preseason as well which could result ina slow start to the season.
Yeah I have to agree with this, looking at United over the past couple of years you can spot the difference in De Gea's importance to the side. The season before the just ended De Gea was very important to us and we were shit and last season we were better and he could have been a spectator in some of the matches. With a much better attack you can win more than you can with the best keeper in the world.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Wow. How highly do you rate him? The more I read about him, the more I think he's perfect for us.
I like him, he always brings something positive. He is good with the head, fast and is able to score good goals showing technique. He is very active in the field and very competitive. I wouldn´t sell him unless it´s a mad offer.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Selling DDG and getting a top tier outfielder attacker makes sense. Buying a lower tier player and calling it good business makes no sense. If we sold DDG but obtained Bale fair enough. We could get an Oblak and keep it moving. James and Morata no thanks.
Getting in James and Morata would be amazing business for us. The two of those together are a much better package deal than just Bale. Bale can't be trusted to stay fit plus his speed is already declining, has Hargreaves written all over him for me, I'd be extremely worried if we sign him to be totally honest.

Be great if a Bale transfer worked out for us but if the James and Morata deal works it would add even more quality to our attack than just the Welshman by himself. I'd personally be thrilled to have both James and Morata playing for us, they're fecking quality, easily two of the top 10 best players in the Premier League if they both adapt!

Mainoldo

Getting in James and Morata would be amazing business for us. The two of those together are a much better package deal than just Bale. Bale can't be trusted to stay fit plus his speed is already declining, has Hargreaves written all over him for me, I'd be extremely worried if we sign him to be totally honest.

Be great if a Bale transfer worked out for us but if the James and Morata deal works it would add even more quality to our attack than just the Welshman by himself. I'd personally be thrilled to have both James and Morata playing for us, they're fecking quality, easily two of the top 10 best players in the Premier League if they both adapt!
He looked the quickest player on the field in the final. Were is this evidence of speed declining. He would score more goals that the James and Morata package.

Top 10 player? James maybe.. Morata? No chance. They would be a quality addition i agree.. Only if DDG stays though. Otherwise bad business.. You keep DDG buy Lacazette and Douglas Costa you get the same outcome.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Almost the same speed. "Morata and Bale have both registered a top speed of 34.3 km/h, which put them in joint third place behind Nacho and Mateo Kovacic, who has recorded a high speed of 34.59 km/h in the league."
http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/03/31/58dd7146468aeb65648b45e3.html
I don't get the obsession with those stats - Rooney and Smalling were also clocked to be around the fastest players in the world. Center backs usually have the advantage - as they reach higher speed running back after the counter attack; what matters is the speed with the ball and Nacho, Smalling and others are hardly going to top those charts.

Mainoldo

Yeah I have to agree with this, looking at United over the past couple of years you can spot the difference in De Gea's importance to the side. The season before the just ended De Gea was very important to us and we were shit and last season we were better and he could have been a spectator in some of the matches. With a much better attack you can win more than you can with the best keeper in the world.
What you have to realise is we are a 4th to 6th place team. With a better attack we compete for 1st place. With a better attack and the best goal we win the day thing. That's the difference.

Mainoldo

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't get the obsession with those stats - Rooney and Smalling were also clocked to be around the fastest players in the world. Center backs usually have the advantage - as they reach higher speed running back after the counter attack; what matters is the speed with the ball and Nacho, Smalling and others are hardly going to top those charts.
These things also told me Robben was the fastest player in the Euro's. Not being funny but we know that aint true.
Well, it is a record of top speed, clearly there are many other factors, but in the case of Morata I think that indicates that he is not the typical static center forward that barely moves.
He can play falling to the wing, and is valid for counterattack. About his speed with the ball ... right now I do not remember, but I'd say it's pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.