Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Smith

Surprised his numbers at juve were so poor. Was under the impression he was excellent that season, hence all the interest in him last summer.
Worth noting that he was very much the support striker for Tevez during his time there. Also you should read this article: really interesting interview where he opens up a lot about his time at Juve and the struggles he had with goal droughts.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
a lot of pressure. one cannot spend 60 million on a supporting cast striker.

We need their negotiator. We ALWAYS pay over the odds for everyone. Bargains don't exist to Man Utd.

I hate them even more. Them and Chelsea are the best at selling players. They do not flinch and care little about having unhappy players or the players desire to leave. Or motto is "if the player is unhappy, I won't keep him and you'll grab a bargain."

Hes costing more than proven goal scorers like Auba. Donald Trump negotiates their deals.
:lol: what the feck are you waffling about?

If Jose wanted Auba then we would have bid. Chill out ffs

Red_toad

He could be our new number 10 ;)
Really hope so.

Lad is best available striker, who fits the profile. Jose knows him very well, he'll fit straight into the squad. Lets hope the deal happens soon, I believe he'll do very well for us. Is a big lad, with a bit of pace, can beat a man, is a decent finisher and has a well rounded game. On top of that he's played at the highest level, so has the experience to handle a move to United.

crossy1686

career ending
Happy it looks like we're going to sign Morata, he looks like the kind of striker Fergie would have loved.

My only reservation about the signing is that he's coming from Madrid and most ex-Madrid players don't give a shit about the teams they play for once they leave.

Mr Smith

Happy it looks like we're going to sign Morata, he looks like the kind of striker Fergie would have loved.

My only reservation about the signing is that he's coming from Madrid and most ex-Madrid players don't give a shit about the teams they play for once they leave.
Where on earth... I mean... where on earth do you get that?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So it's Richard Keys (and a bunch of other reports) verses the caf's resident itk bullshitter in chief.

Is it done, or not?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not really savvy as the ones who are being paid to have signed or recommended utter dross over the past few years and almost all of them have been moved on.

Not really, I would be contradicting my point if I was arguing that morata was the best player we could sign for almost a near world record fee while at the same time ignoring our record of overpaying for average to shit players who we have moved on in the recent past. Do you really want me to support signing a player when given the past signings and trend, it is kind of obvious that we are significantly overpaying for another player?

So you supported the signing of fellaini or schweign.? Still havent answered this.

Any part of I am not paid to be a scout getting through. Answer me this, do you honestly believe that there is no better player that we can sign for 60m+ than morata?
Available players that fit the mould wanted by Jose? No, I can't think of any, and neither can you. So to clarify, I can't name a better option, you can't either, nor can Mourinho or his scouting him, yet we are to beleive there are dozens of these unicorns scattered around the leagues? Flawless logic.

Then you use signings made by Moyes as evidence as to why Mourinho doesn't have an eye for a player. If you want to use historical signings as a metric for judging how good Mourinho is with his signings, then, and bare with me on this, look at his signings? Last season Mourinho brought in Pogba, Mhkitaryan, Bailly and Zlatan. Or are you tell me those are average signings too?

And on top of that you are completely ignoring anyone who would offer you comparables for value for money. Everton want £100mil for Lukaku, Kane would cost well over that, Southampton wanted £60mil for a centreback approaching his last year of contract, City just paid £35mil for a 23 year old keeper who has played 35 times for Benefica. All this season. Not 3/4 years ago, this season.

WPMUFC

So it's Richard Keys (and a bunch of other reports) verses the caf's resident itk bullshitter in chief.

Is it done, or not?
i'd like Di Marzio or BBC to run a confirmation story but all the reliable journo's are saying its done, ~70m euros and 4-5 year deal.

MJJ

Available players that fit the mould wanted by Jose? No, I can't think of any, and neither can you. So to clarify, I can't name a better option, you can't either, nor can Mourinho or his scouting him, yet we are to beleive there are dozens of these unicorns scattered around the leagues? Flawless logic.

Then you use signings made by Moyes as evidence as to why Mourinho doesn't have an eye for a player. If you want to use historical signings as a metric for judging how good Mourinho is with his signings, then, and bare with me on this, look at his signings? Last season Mourinho brought in Pogba, Mhkitaryan, Bailly and Zlatan. Or are you tell me those are average signings too?

And on top of that you are completely ignoring anyone who would offer you comparables for value for money. Everton want £100mil for Lukaku, Kane would cost well over that, Southampton wanted £60mil for a centreback approaching his last year of contract, City just paid £35mil for a 23 year old keeper who has played 35 times for Benefica. All this season. Not 3/4 years ago, this season.

Not really, I pointed out to you how flawed your argument of he has played under mourinho so must be a good signing is, not that mourinho has a good eye for player or not.

Whats the mould btw?

IrishRedDevil

£64m for him makes £89m for Pogba some of our best ever business. When you think about it, we only paid £25m more for a genuine world class midfielder that was wanted by Real Madrid, Barca etc.

TsuWave

the bean counters are already at it on twitter "€70m?? ffs" :lol:

morata is a really good player. with his best yet to come. i'm extremely excited.

Dante

Average bang
If Jose has identified him as the perfect striker to fulfill the role he has in mind, he's worth €200m.

NotQuiteManc

All has been said, but not quite done yet. I am all in for the signing but won't be counting my chickens yet. Until he holds that red jersey...

We all have been hurt before...

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not really, I pointed out to you how flawed your argument of he has played under mourinho so must be a good signing is, not that mourinho has a good eye for player or not.

Whats the mould btw?
No you didn't, you used Moyes and Fellaini as an example!

And you still haven't given me a name of a better alternative.

And surprise surprise you ignored the comparables yet again.

Mr Smith

I will never trust sport witness again after how they toyed with my heart throughout the Vidal saga.
Also if you read the article, the headline is extremely misleading. At no point do they actually say that the fee has been increased to 90 mil.

Banat

I don't understand why people go crazy about the reported fee of 70m. Normally I'm against paying over the odds (Belotti release clause, Perisic fee) but in this case, I think he is totally worth it. IMO he is in tier 2 bracket (Lukaku, Kane, Auba etc) and it's how it is in today's market. I don't even find it outrageous but normal, regular fee for a very good, proven and potentially world class striker.
I really think he can be a special player in our team - Not a typical target man but great finishing and passing, team play and I think he can form a great chemistry with Pogba and Mkhi.
My only concern here is his motivation and determination, because it seems he wasn't very keen coming here in first place.
I would maybe prefer Lukaku over him, but he is the best obtainable CF we can get atm and I'm very happy with this transfer.

UpWithRivers

This needs context after our other signings. Need another goalscorer and a defensive mid to free up the attack. We were what 30 goals behind the top teams. Replacing Ibra with someone who will score 10 goals less in a good season is baffling. But I trust Mourinho has a plan. Just can't see what it is yet.

prath92

His scoring rate at juventus drops even further when he plays as a striker, I do agree that his scoring rate should improve with age but if what you posted above is true, than he has a significantly higher scoring rate at madrid compared to juventus.
Not really sure about that but surely that analysis is a bit much? Even if you assume Madrid creating a lot of chances helped him, we created tons of chances last season. Maybe even top 3 in the league.

IrishRedDevil

Yeah from Palmeiras and Shalke respectively. Both selling clubs, neither half as big as Madrid. We're buying from a club that has no requirement to sell and who would like to keep hold of their brightest young assets, therefore a premium has to be paid in order to push through a deal.
Both selling clubs that were selling their best players to a very very rich Man City. Other clubs were also interested in Sane and Jesus, but City got the deals closed for respectable figures. Now they have 2 quality young players keen to give their all.

We should let Madrid keep hold of their expensive assets like Di Maria, Morata and possibly James, instead of having to pay premium. Surely our extensive scouting network can identify other targets in the ilk of Jesus and Sane. The problem is we pay top money for players from Real, and deep down the players don't even want to leave Real, making it a risk.

It's a lot of money but this summer onwards it will be the going rate for a decent player. He's gonna cost 40m less than Lukaku and for the £100m quoted for him we will probably get both Morata and Lindelof.

Are the fee's fecking ridiculous? Yep but we either move with the market or search the bargain bins for Benteke like signings.
The reported fee for Lukaku is £80m. I'm sorry but I'd rather have Lukaku for £80m than Morata for £64m.
As a United supporter I hope I'm proved wrong and Morata is top class in the PL - I'll happily eat my words.

TsuWave

i hope his girl doesn't dislike manchester :nervous::lol:

manchester needs to go through a shanghai or dubai type of transformation asap

Status
Not open for further replies.