Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholsey2004

They're almost unique circumstances as to why he isn't joining this summer, and it's the measure of the man that he has stood by his current club in times of strife, imo he's the sort of guy we should give the benefit of the doubt to, and be willing to put things on hold in that position until next summer, when the way should be clear for him to join.

Yes this summer we should get the best we can get, but the options are hardly starring you in the face, and the last thing we need are the wrong players.
Our last two managers had three seasons between them. Jose's not going to stick his neck on the line, he'll want players in asap.

Mohammed Javed

Would love to see him here. He very technically gifted. It'll be a brilliant signing. We wont miss Zlatan as much if he gets injured as they play a similar game. Big lads who can play football. with the right players around him i think it would work. he'd bring the balance up top

Zii

I've been told he is the Spanish welbeck? Does he have it in him to lead the line and score 20-30 like Kane Aguero etc ?

el3mel

I've been told he is the Spanish welbeck? Does he have it in him to lead the line and score 20-30 like Kane Aguero etc ?
You should stop talking to the one who told you that.

jungledrums

Welbeck, feck me.
Purely a personal opinion, but I'd have faith in Morata netting 20-30 for us.

beingshe7don

Pogba and Morata have played together. They've developed an understanding during their time at Juve. It wouldn't be a bad decision for us to bring in Morata after all. He's technically good too and he's quick too which would help on the counter with Rashford and Mhiki.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pogba and Morata have played together. They've developed an understanding during their time at Juve. It wouldn't be a bad decision for us to bring in Morata after all. He's technically good too and he's quick too which would help on the counter with Rashford and Mhiki.
Would also be good for the other Spanish lads on the team. The more videos I see of Morata, the more I like him.

beingshe7don

Would also be good for the other Spanish lads on the team. The more videos I see of Morata, the more I like him.
I share the same opinion. He will score 20 goals if he joins us next season. It wouldn't be a bad deal at all. We need to add another attacking winger and we could back in business.

SATA

Would love him at United but what worries me is he doesn't really want to move from Madrid to come here which may mean his heart may totally not be in it with the team. But we have Jose though, was he the one who gave him his Real debut?

TsuWave

The issue I see with Morata is he can't do these sort of things to an opposing defence:
You're wrong. Morata has actually brilliant technique and is quite skilful, he's more than capable of beating a man with step overs and silky skills, dude has the whole package to be the complete striker:

SATA

Do the resident Juve fans here rate him? Were you disappointed when you didn't sign him and he went back to Madrid after his loan?

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

So without having read everything: What is the rumored price tag for Morata?
And do you think Real will only sell for a reasonable price if they get Dave?

If we can get him for lets say 40 Mio although keeping Dave I think he would be worth that.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
So without having read everything: What is the rumored price tag for Morata?
And do you think Real will only sell for a reasonable price if they get Dave?

If we can get him for lets say 40 Mio although keeping Dave I think he would be worth that.
40-50 million
No, all negotiations for both will be in two different deals.
We will get him for 40-50 million and we will keep Dave.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Di Marzio said yesterday on his tv show that Mourinho has been calling Morata on the phone everyday to convince him to join united, but the club has yet to make the player an actual offer

ManuMou

40-50 million
No, all negotiations for both will be in two different deals.
We will get him for 40-50 million and we will keep Dave.
Well I think 40-50 is undeniably the "fair" price. But given the

1. Inflated market (ie "whisper" price Lukaku 100, Belotti 80)
2. Would prefer to keep Morata. Proven, age, potential, future replacement for Benzema......etc
3. Push for a swap with DDG

Would be really, really surprised if we get him for 40-50 :devil::devil:

ManuMou

Di Marzio said yesterday on his tv show that Mourinho has been calling Morata on the phone everyday to convince him to join united, but the club has yet to make the player an actual offer
Seems like Mou's approach. Good to know about Mou's determination and commitment to both players and the club.

TomMUFC8

Could do a lot worse than Morata.

It's a simple case of a player suiting the system, not the brand. Even grown men are getting caught in the trap of wanting a world class name but it is proven time and time again that it means absolutely nothing. From what I have seen of Morata, he would be a decent fit style wise. Probably better than Zlatan (style wise) in my opinion as he will play a lot closer to goal. Zlatan dropping so deep did us no favours I thought.

No idea about the link and don't see it happening but some fans need to get off their high horse because he isn't the name they wanted on their new kit.

Mainoldo

Could do a lot worse than Morata.

It's a simple case of a player suiting the system, not the brand. Even grown men are getting caught in the trap of wanting a world class name but it is proven time and time again that it means absolutely nothing. From what I have seen of Morata, he would be a decent fit style wise. Probably better than Zlatan (style wise) in my opinion as he will play a lot closer to goal. Zlatan dropping so deep did us no favours I thought.

No idea about the link and don't see it happening but some fans need to get off their high horse because he isn't the name they wanted on their new kit.
The thing with Morata is you can't really on him for goal. So we need to ensure wen have inside forwards or a number 10 that can build up the numbers. I really don't see him improving on Rooney's recent goal return.

Out of curiosity has he ever scored a hattrick?

jungledrums

The thing with Morata is you can't really on him for goal. So we need to ensure wen have inside forwards or a number 10 that can build up the numbers. I really don't see him improving on Rooney's recent goal return.

Except that Morata has looked his sharpest this season and he's scored a very respectable 20 from 40 odd games, a few of which were off the bench.
Rooney scored 8 goals this season. Is that what you are referring to?

Mainoldo

Except that Morata has looked his sharpest this season and he's scored a very respectable 20 from 40 odd games, a few of which were off the bench.
Rooney scored 8 goals this season. Is that what you are referring to?
Im referring to Wayne Rooney not reaching 20 goals in the last 3-4 season. If Morata comes here. I wouldn't be surprised if he never get 20(league goals) for us.

jungledrums

Im referring to Wayne Rooney not reaching 20 goals in the last 3-4 season. If Morata comes here. I wouldn't be surprised if he never get 20(league goals) for us.
To be fair, last 3-4 seasons Rooney has declined, not to mention he's hardly been played as a 9 during that period. Morata could thrive as the main man starting weekly, but I guess we'll have to see.

TomMUFC8

You have to have some kind of eye for goal if you're the 2nd top scorer for the champions of Europe.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If he's the Spanish Welbeck does that mean he will get a free pass in almost anything?

Mainoldo

You have to have some kind of eye for goal if you're the 2nd top scorer for the champions of Europe.
1 season. Everything else suggest he doesn't score goals. Was he the second top scorer in la liga to? Did he get more goals than Suarez and co?

flappyjay

Hat-trick? Does it matter, a player that scores 20 goals in 20 different games will win you more points than the guy who scores hat-tricks. Ronaldo has one or two hat-tricks for us if I am not wrong

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
1 season. Everything else suggest he doesn't score goals. Was he the second top scorer in la liga to? Did he get more goals than Suarez and co?
His goals to ratio of minutes played has always been good to be honest, you're bring a little disingenuous. Big gamble making him our no1 goal getter though

Mainoldo

Hat-trick? Does it matter, a player that scores 20 goals in 20 different games will win you more points than the guy who scores hat-tricks. Ronaldo has one or two hat-tricks for us if I am not wrong
Well he's hardly been known as lethal so was just wondering if he has that need to score goals mentality. Not all strikers do. Getting more than 1 goal a game can show this, which is why I asked the question.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can understand the reasoning behind Morata. He's a top quality striker whose technique makes him very comfortable playing different roles ie other as no 10 or even on the flanks. That would give Mourinho options with Morata switching roles with the main striker or on the flanks. I still believe we're going for him AND another striker though.

MadMike

He scored a hat-trick in the league against Leganés on the 5th of April of this year. Two months ago. So, yes is the answer

flappyjay

Well he's hardly been known as lethal so was just wondering if he has that need to score goals mentality. Not all strikers do. Getting more than 1 goal a game can show this, which is why I asked the question.
Oh ok. I think we will truly find out if he comes to us or starts regularly for another team. Hopefully if we get him he has the same hunger for goals as CR7

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
There have been so many rumours about this guy and various clubs since last summer, I just won't believe anything about us signing him until he has flown in for his medical. I'd welcome his signing though we need better quality in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.