Álvaro Morata | Performances

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Zidane knew Isco has to play, so Bale is basically now the backup for Benzema and Cristiano (especially since they kept Vasquez as an orthodox winger), and that's not even taking into account Asensio who looks nailed on to be great.

If Madrid were concerned, I don't think the 70M or whatever they got for Morata would have been rejected, but instead the 8M from Lyon for Mariano Diaz, who has 3 goals in 4 starts for them and could probably have been counted on to play spot minutes.

And Madrid have so few holes in the team that they probably figure when the time comes to replace Benzema they can easily spend huge on a Galactico there, though Mbappe seemed like the obvious choice. They'll just buy one of Werner, Kane, Jesus, Dolberg or something.
Yes, agreed. Mariano could have been a very good option instead Morata

Kapardin

I was one of those who wanted him over Lukaku but no regrets about the latter, his attitude is top notch. Only had doubts about Morata's mentality, but never his ability.

No use crying over spilt milk. Now I hope he goes through a rough patch, or Real come for him again in 2 years. Crazy they sold him, him and Asensio could have taken over from Ronaldo and Benzema in a few years time.

Mindhunter

I see the grass is "greener" on the other side debate has started. We didn't really miss out on him. What happened was Real didn't want to sell to us - owning to the love/hate relationship over the De Gea transfer and eventually raise the price when we ended up being the only one bidding for him.

Litch

Why are people still commenting about him? I guess we'll have a season long of either how great he is and so much better than Rom and visa versa. Let's not forget this will change week on week depending on whether we lost or not or when doesn't score and he does. Forums eh......

wolvored

Why are people still commenting about him? I guess we'll have a season long of either how great he is and so much better than Rom and visa versa. Let's not forget this will change week on week depending on whether we lost or not or when doesn't score and he does. Forums eh......
Lol I agree. If you look at every player we have gone for and not got over the years, there has always been good and bad. We didnt sign him, so move on.

Litch

Lol I agree. If you look at every player we have gone for and not got over the years, there has always been good and bad. We didnt sign him, so move on.
You are right but the forum vultures are circling Rom waiting for their moment.....hence the need to keep this thread open otherwise where do they post "we signed the wrong player"?

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
@Aza Boy @Andersons Dietician

I was the one who put it up.

Cool vid.

He really is a complete player with very good technique. He will take some time to get used to playing with his back to goal and having epl defenders harassing him. He's been good in the build up but slightly inconsistent.

His aerial ability reminds me of Falcao. Not the biggest or strongest but damn the boy has some movement and positional sense...and a good leap on him.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looking very settled so far, impressed with how quickly he's integrated into the team.

SteveTheRed

Apparently they have been singing an antisemitic song about him. The club and player have both told them to stop.
Yea it's typical reference to spurs fans, I think Chelsea and him obviously have to condemn it but it's not the worse song you've heard at grounds.

Fully Fledged

Yea it's typical reference to spurs fans, I think Chelsea and him obviously have to condemn it but it's not the worse song you've heard at grounds.
As I've said below it's the F'g Hate that makes it antisemitic. Replace the word with Jews it's still antisemitic, Muslims it's Islamophobic and Blacks it's racist.

SteveTheRed

As I've said below it's the F'g Hate that makes it antisemitic. Replace the word with Jews it's still antisemitic, Muslims it's Islamophobic and Blacks it's racist.
Yea true, guess it's easier to see past that one when spurs fans associate with it . "Yid army" etc.

Fully Fledged

Yea true, guess it's easier to see past that one when spurs fans associate with it . "Yid army" etc.
I can see that but that chant doesn't associate the word with hate the way this song does.

I'm not saying that it's right. Just that it doesn't chant hate for that minority.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Morata. He comes from spain.
He'll prove a pain.
For those from the Middle East.
What a beast.
The boy in blue.
Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea.

Seriously, how hard is it to make a slightly less offensive chant. I knocked this up in 10 seconds.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Cool vid.

He really is a complete player with very good technique. He will take some time to get used to playing with his back to goal and having epl defenders harassing him. He's been good in the build up but slightly inconsistent.

His aerial ability reminds me of Falcao. Not the biggest or strongest but damn the boy has some movement and positional sense...and a good leap on him.
He's actually quite a bit taller than Falcao-by a full 4 inches. Only 1 cm shorter than Lukaku, if Wikipedia is to be believed.

I do agree with you though that there is something reminiscent of Falcao there though in his ability to find space in the box, particularly by pulling away from defenders unexpectedly. Falcao was and still is a master of finding a yard somehow; Morata isn't there yet but I can see why you'd make the comparison.

Morata. He comes from spain.
He'll prove a pain.
For those from the Middle East.
What a beast.
The boy in blue.
Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea.

Seriously, how hard is it to make a slightly less offensive chant. I knocked this up in 10 seconds.
I prefer "he comes from sunny Spain, he's better than Harry Kane" personally.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
been very impressed, thought he might struggle adapting to a new league at first but looks a top player (never really saw him for Real). Can see him scoring a boatload with the service he'll get from Hazard, I think he'd have been a brilliant fit for United, for me (on early showings) he seems to have more to his game than Lakaku and links up play really well, very pleased you lot missed out on him, also think he'd have been brilliant for us, the service he'd have got from the likes of Mendy, Silva and KDB he'd have scored a boatload.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Seems more anti-Spurs than anti-Semitic seeing as Spuds fans refer to themselves as Yids and sing Yid Army.
Spurs fans began to refer to themselves as a whole as "Yids" back in the dark days when the Jewish members of the fanbase (and being in North London Spurs had as many or more Jewish fans than any other club in England) were routinely and viciously abused by opposing fans (especially the west and east London clubs - Chelsea, West Ham, Millwall, etc - to this day small minorities of those clubs supporters still songs about Hitler or hiss like gas chambers at Spurs supporters). As something of a communal defense mechanism, even the non-Jewish members of the fanbase adopted the moniker as a show of empathy and support. Something of a "if you're going to abuse some of our members, you have to come for all of us" type reaction.

Now, it's no longer the dark old days anymore and Spurs fanbase is global and not just in North London ... and the demographics of North London have changed as well. While Spurs still do have a lot of Jewish fans, it's not a particularly "Jewish" club anymore and there is quite a lot of debate among the fans whether or not continuing to refer to ourselves as "Yids" just incites more problems in this era than it solves. As someone who is not Jewish myself, I don't use that word to describe myself (or sing along to the songs, etc) - but I do understand why other Spurs fans, especially older ones who lived through the worst of the 60s and 70s despicable anti-Semitism on terraces around England still see it as a badge of honor.

Basically, it's a fecking complicated issue for Spurs fans. For fans of other clubs it's very simple: DO NOT USE ANTI-SEMETIC SLURS AGAINST SUPPORTERS OF ANY CLUB. PERIOD.

Mike09

Cool vid.

He get caught offside so many times though.

Obiorahking_

He is going to turn heads this year mark my words. I'm happy for him given the unfair stick he received.

Mr Smith

Nothing wrong with taking note of a new player who's started well at a new club. I personally happen to like Morata, have followed his career long before this summer, and will continue to do so. And transfer situations like the Morata/Lukaku one often have a lot of significance when you look back in three or four years, I don't see anything wrong with acknowledging that. In fact, I see more of a problem with someone coming to a thread they could have completely ignored to complain about the conversations going on in said thread... that they could have ignored.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Zidane saying real are missing Morata and he wanted him to stay ;)
Don't know why they didn't slowly phase Benz out and make Morata the main guy now, definitely the better player. I suppose its due to what Benzema has done for them over the years.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Zidane saying real are missing Morata and he wanted him to stay ;)
Don't know why they didn't slowly phase Benz out and make Morata the main guy now, definitely the better player. I suppose its due to what Benzema has done for them over the years.
Same decision we had with Cech though, sometimes you have to be ruthless.

haram

Same decision we had with Cech though, sometimes you have to be ruthless.
Except you replaced him with a younger prospect. If they wanted to be ruthless they should have got rid of Benzema. Regardless, Morata waned to leave.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Except you replaced him with a younger prospect. If they wanted to be ruthless they should have got rid of Benzema. Regardless, Morata waned to leave.
I was backing up @Don _ Conte 's idea that he should have been put in as main man at Madrid, even if it meant Benzema leaving.

AshfordLad

Might be an unpopular opinion right now but I think he has been somewhat average so far. Missed sitters against spurs and Leicester and his general all round game has been quite a bit behind what Chelsea were used to with Costa.

salford_

Might be an unpopular opinion right now but I think he has been somewhat average so far. Missed sitters against spurs and Leicester and his general all round game has been quite a bit behind what Chelsea were used to with Costa.
if this is him average, only 4 games or so into his career with you, then he is going to be incredible

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
He's had 3 goals and 2 assists in less than 3 and half games.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
He's had 3 goals and 2 assists in less than 3 and half games.
Its more a case of I think he's been "average" compared to how good he could be, which is testament to his ceiling really. But his average is still very good and as has been shown so far statistically still effective for the team.

Not too get carried away and make him sound like some god like striker, but I do see things in his performances so far where I think he will improve and become a lot better... yet he is already consistently scoring and assisting both for Chelsea and Spain. Just shows what a great signing he is really.

Also think his build up play has actually been good so far, hes looking for Freekicks a bit atm and he will slowly learnt he prem is more physical, hes a strong lad.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I hope all this praise doesn't jinx him with bad form or an injury, really preferred when people wrote him off :nervous: