Álvaro Morata | Performances

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He's scoring the goals that his fans told us he didn't score though. He was supposed to be this technical master and it was Lukaku who was the target man who only fed on crosses.
Funny that.
I was one of his biggest fan boys, always said that heading was very good

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's great. Such a complete skill set for a striker. Much more well rounded than Lukaku to be fair. I had doubts over whether his gaolscoring rate was temporary but so far it doesn't seem to be the case.

Also people really shouldn't be surprised by the headed goals. He was banging the headers in last season.

LoneStar

He has been class so far. Didn't expect him to settle in so easily. Still think Lukaku is a better pure 9 though. Lukaku is also a good header of the ball,all he needs is good service.

Eddy_JukeZ

Preferred him over Lukaku(though I warmed to Lukaku towards the end over doubts of whether Morata can score enough as a starter).

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Preferred him over Lukaku(though I warmed to Lukaku towards the end over doubts of whether Morata can score enough as a starter).
Think they will both score plenty and have different skills. Morata has an advantage of playing in a team with people who can cross the ball of course.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Still feel there is so much more to come from Morata. He's played well every game for us and is getting important goals and assists. But I just feel once it all clicks there will be some really huge performances from him and once our team really gets into gear.

Andersons Dietician

He's quite allround indeed but I still think he lacks the ability to force something himself. Diego Costa was capable of just bursting through a CB at will and blasting it in the net, I can't see Morata doing that yet.
There was a game against Bayern where he picks the ball up in his own half and beats like 3 or 4 players to set up a goal. So far people have only seen his heading, but the guy can score all sorts of goals and link play if he wants to. Will be intresting when Hazard comes back as he'd be a good player for Hazard to link up with.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Spurs fans chant 'Yid Army' outside the Munich Tunnel every year they come to Old Trafford.

Are they allowed to use the word and others not?
It's an odd one for sure. I've got a few Spurs fans who have always referred to themselves as yids and are about as Jewish as Mel Gibson.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Chelsea fans finally have a new song apart from "Chawsea! Chawsea!", and they want to take it away from them. No wonder they won't sing anything else.

Aza Boy

There was a game against Bayern where he picks the ball up in his own half and beats like 3 or 4 players to set up a goal. So far people have only seen his heading, but the guy can score all sorts of goals and link play if he wants to. Will be intresting when Hazard comes back as he'd be a good player for Hazard to link up with.
Mmm...are you sure ? As far as i remembered watching him in the Champions league, he never dis such a play.
Hes not a pacey player nor great dribbler. Decent pace, yes. Decent dribbler, yes. But beaten 4 of Bayern players ? Hummels may be he can beat or Xabi Alonso. But other players will eat him.

Perhaps Bayern Leverkusen you talked about ?

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Mmm...are you sure ? As far as i remembered watching him in the Champions league, he never dis such a play.
Hes not a pacey player nor great dribbler. Decent pace, yes. Decent dribbler, yes. But beaten 4 of Bayern players ? Hummels may be he can beat or Xabi Alonso. But other players will eat him.

He assisted Cuadrado for the goal, will probably be found if you search for "Cuadrago goal vs Bayern Munich" or something of the sorts.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Reynoldo

Ya hes a call act alright, if we can take off the red tinted specs and just enjoy watching both players developer in the premier with their respective teams then I think it will be fascinating in a few years to see who turns out to be the better player at the end. Although I suspect if Morata kicks on then I think Real will come back in for him with a crazy bid in a few years.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He has been class so far. Didn't expect him to settle in so easily. Still think Lukaku is a better pure 9 though. Lukaku is also a good header of the ball,all he needs is good service.
There's very little between both players imo. I personally preferred Morata, but Lukaku is going to be great for us. The only odd thing is when people suggested Morata would flop because he wasn't starting at Madrid or wasn't a consistent world beater during his time at Juve. Make no mistake about it, this kid is a Spanish version of a 24 year old RvN and his results will bear that out in the coming few years.

CechMate1

Supports
Chelsea
This guy is absolutely lethal in the air, thankfully we have some very good crosser's in our team in Willian, Azpi and Alonso. I've heard Zappacosta has a great cross on him also

Feel he's still getting used to English football and will only get so much better. Looking forward to him linking up with Hazard and Pedro....MPH:cool:

Paul_Scholes18

Still really strange in my view that Real sold him without getting another striker. He is a very good striker. Will do Chelsea really well.

LoneStar

There's very little between both players imo. I personally preferred Morata, but Lukaku is going to be great for us. The only odd thing is when people suggested Morata would flop because he wasn't starting at Madrid or wasn't a consistent world beater during his time at Juve. Make no mistake about it, this kid is a Spanish version of a 24 year old RvN and his results will bear that out in the coming few years.
I will admit that I thought he would have a hard time, at least in the beginning before he settled in. He's been very good for them so far. Madrid are foolish to let him go without buying a replacement.

Andersons Dietician

Yup very sure. People were kind enough to put up the video. Also there are vids of him beating 2 or 3 for real as well. He's probably the best all round striker around I would say. The complete modern striker. He has a little bit of everything but his movement and timing is just exceptional.

NoPace

Still really strange in my view that Real sold him without getting another striker. He is a very good striker. Will do Chelsea really well.
I think Zidane knew Isco has to play, so Bale is basically now the backup for Benzema and Cristiano (especially since they kept Vasquez as an orthodox winger), and that's not even taking into account Asensio who looks nailed on to be great.

If Madrid were concerned, I don't think the 70M or whatever they got for Morata would have been rejected, but instead the 8M from Lyon for Mariano Diaz, who has 3 goals in 4 starts for them and could probably have been counted on to play spot minutes.

And Madrid have so few holes in the team that they probably figure when the time comes to replace Benzema they can easily spend huge on a Galactico there, though Mbappe seemed like the obvious choice. They'll just buy one of Werner, Kane, Jesus, Dolberg or something.