Álvaro Morata | Performances

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I have to admit I was wrong when I thought Morata was the better player. Lukaku is more composed in his all around actions, especially tactically and in defense.

OneUnited24

I have to admit I was wrong when I thought Morata was the better player. Lukaku is more composed in his all around actions, especially tactically and in defense.
Still early days. I was happy when we Went for proven quality rather than potential but we should remember that Tottenham have a good defence and morata is new to the league without a real preseason behind him.

TheReligion

Abusive
Still early days. I was happy when we Went for proven quality rather than potential but we should remember that Tottenham have a good defence and morata is new to the league without a real preseason behind him.
I think Lukaku actually has more potential too oddly enough.

Also both the same age

OneUnited24

I think Lukaku actually has more potential too oddly enough.

Also both the same age
Sorry should have worded that better. I meant potential in become a 20+ goal a season striker in this league. I'm sure people will say he got that last season with Madrid but that team is on another level in a league renouned for, somewhat, lacks defending.

I agree. I think lukaku has a higher ceiling

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
A grand sample size of about one game changed your mind!?

OneUnited24

Tbf it took me today to realise the type of player he is and that was enough to realise lukaku is the better fit for our team. That alone is enough to make my mind up on the player.

Seems a leopard can't change it's spots. Hes got some nice technical skills but he's been easily blunted in both games so far, and he has missed a couple of absolute sitters.

Meanwhile we've got the guy who hasn't done a huge amount during the game other than finish every half chance he's had. Mourinho was right.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
no you were not, Morata is the better player

ManuMou

Performance aside, personally I prefer Lukaku because of the "directness" he brings to our game.

Direct and exciting football.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Think it's Lukaka joining us and Morata joining one of our title rivals that is the reason of sudden changes of mind of the caf posters who previously were all for Morata>Lukaku. A natural reaction.

Kapardin

I'll judge Morata when he is playing with Hazard and Pedro and has played more games.

Comparing Lukaku and Morata is futile as their skill sets are entirely different. Morata will likely score only 15 goals, but he will probably contribute in terms of overall play as well. However, Lukaku is who we need more, a pure goal scorer, and I am happy with that.

I like Morata, so I certainly hope he flops at Chelsea and ends up resurrecting his career in Milan.;)

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
You say this after Morata has played a total of 90 minutes ;)
Much too early to compare them.

TsuWave

i don't know man but verdicts after 2 games, one being a cameo, seem a bit silly to me (this also applies to the players we have bought)

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I don't like the rate he's scoring goal. Would be sick to my stomach if he'd succeed at Chelsea after all the transfer bullshit this summer.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Nope. Who's his role in the team? Striker? To score goals? No comparison as of yet between the two.
I am not claiming that based on these 3 games. I wrote it in July when Alvaro was thought to join MU, and I said then what I say now Morata is a far better player IMO . I believe Mou has unwillingly made a huge favour to Conte and Chelsea. Of course as always time will tell and at the end of the season will be happy to admit if I was wrong about Morata being the better player and Conte winning again the EPL

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't like the rate he's scoring goal. Would be sick to my stomach if he'd succeed at Chelsea after all the transfer bullshit this summer.
Not particularly surprising. So far he's doing it at around the same rate he did it in Spain last year.

Moonred

It seems like we've both got good strikers. Surely everyone should be happy? :)
I don't think it's amazing that both of them will do well. It would have been if either failed. Too early still but both are basically more likely to succeed and it is showing.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I really don't care if Lukaku scores less than Morata as long as we keep the free scoring thing going. Id rather see 5 players score 10+. That's also why I hope Martial and Rashford truly take it to the next level this year.

hubbuh

What is wrong with a meek personality? The best personality trait i'd say.
I love me a bullish go-getting striker.

In real life a bit of meekness is fine an' dandy. I wouldn't say it's the best personality trait, though.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Very productive start to the season so far. He's now at 5 goals/3 assists in 3 starts and 3 subs, if I'm not mistaken. (4 assists if his header prior to Aspas's goal counts, but it probably doesn't.) The Liechtenstein game has pimped his stats a bit, but he also scored against Italy and Everton.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I must admit i was wrong about him. I mean, he is very good, but i didn't think he was a top scorer. Let's see how he continues.