Gaming 1836 - The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment (Hands-off) - Map & stats in second post - Final Map and Stats update - Timelapse video

nimic

something nice
Scout
Oh shit the War of the Protestant League (basically the Thirty Years War) broke out. It's technically of a fight over whether the Emperor is a Protestant or a Catholic, but it's mostly just a way for everyone to get together and have a big war. That it's not really about religion is easily seen by how many Catholic countries are fighting each other.

In the following screenshot you can see who is on. All the red countries are on one side, all the green are on the other. @BD being blue here means they're allied to RedSky (who I have selected), but have not chosen a side. Also that means @V.O. and @adexkola are not in it (because they were in a war already), but @Andycoleno9 is in it (I think because he was allied to the leader of the Protestant League.

Oh yeah, and the leader of the Protestand League is the tiny country of Opole, which seems like it's a bad idea.

Abizzz

We're having a great war and none of my large neighbors are joining? Missed opportunity :(

nimic

something nice
Scout
(This doesn't show all the participants, it's not big enough)

You guys are divided as follows (with your actual religions in parentheses)

Protestant League: @Eboue (Catholic), @Abizzz (Reformed), @hobbers (Orthodox), @altodevil (Catholic), @P-Nut (Catholic), @Andycoleno9 (Protestant), @Tiber (Orthodox)

Catholic League: @KirkDuyt (Catholic), @Samid (Catholic), @Organic Potatoes (Catholic), @Solius (Catholic), @Walrus (Sunni), @VeevaVee (Catholic), @RedSky (Catholic), @Igor Drefljak (Catholic)

Abizzz

Not having any ports doesn't protect me from having them blocked it seems. Hope the Catholics have their troops in the colonies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Oh shit the War of the Protestant League (basically the Thirty Years War) broke out. It's technically of a fight over whether the Emperor is a Protestant or a Catholic, but it's mostly just a way for everyone to get together and have a big war. That it's not really about religion is easily seen by how many Catholic countries are fighting each other.

In the following screenshot you can see who is on. All the red countries are on one side, all the green are on the other. @BD being blue here means they're allied to RedSky (who I have selected), but have not chosen a side. Also that means @V.O. and @adexkola are not in it (because they were in a war already), but @Andycoleno9 is in it (I think because he was allied to the leader of the Protestant League.

Oh yeah, and the leader of the Protestand League is the tiny country of Opole, which seems like it's a bad idea.

Ah, so my lads only did something to make sure they wouldn't have to partake in the actual interesting thing that was happening. Fair enough.

AnotherLondonManc

I guess I didn't get the memo

Simbo

I'm sorry, you can't just drop the beginning of the holy league wars then piss off for 3 days. Nuh-uh.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
@Walrus :lol::lol::lol:. Wtf are you doing in Christian war? Seeing you there made me laugh so much.

"Hi guys. Hm...what are we doing here? Is this some kind of party or something"

It is like that Travolta gif from Pulp Fiction.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Here we go.

This looks dangerous for me but I’m on the right side at least.

I thought me and @hobbers were allies? That gone out the window? Where the shit is @AnotherLondonManc?

@Walrus :lol::lol::lol:. Wtf are you doing in Christian war? Seeing you there made laugh so much.

"Hi guys. Hm...what are we doing here? Is this some kind of party or something"
fecking loves a war he does

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Ah well, you see, this is clearly a strategy by the sultan to…..

nope feck it, I’ve got nothing. I don’t know wtf I am doing in this silly Christian war.

nimic

something nice
Scout
We're having a great war and none of my large neighbors are joining? Missed opportunity :(
@adexkola joined afterwards, and you're busy fecking him up.

Also other people are fecking each other up. Eboue is occupying all of @KirkDuyt, continuing the bullying. Meanwhile other people have occupied most of Eboue, but he's gone home to fix it. @altodevil is having a bad time. @VeevaVee and @KirkDuyt are occupying @P-Nut, but he's trying to fight back.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Here you have the current state, sorted by war participation (who has contributed in some way, basically) - the leader is at the top, but otherwise.

As you can see both sides have lost half a million already. @Solius has lost over a hundred thousand all on his own and is 100% out of manpower, but he still has a gargantuan army.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
So this is how it ends. Fighting against Catholicism as a Catholic.

nimic

something nice
Scout
@altodevil is the first big country forced to the peace table. He's forced to give 3 provinces to @Organic Potatoes (including his capital), 1 to a new Scotland (which won't last long either way), and by the looks of it 3 provinces back to @Welsh Wonder (who isn't even in the war, but it costs less "war score" to force someone to give some provinces back, as opposed to taking some new ones)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

nimic

something nice
Scout
@adexkola is the next to fall. He loses five provinces, all to @Abizzz (who keeps making really stupid borders, damn it). That's a one big country for each side forced out. The Catholic League definitely looks to be on top right now, though.

nimic

something nice
Scout
@Eboue has been defeated. The losses don't look that bad considering he had literally 0 men left. I think he lost 3 provinces, 2 of which turned into small countries that he can easily re-conquer later if nobody else gets there first. The third was weirdly Calais (or Kales now), which @KirkDuyt for some reason chose to take above re-taking his Dutch provinces. Probably because he didn't have control of them.

AnotherLondonManc

@AnotherLondonManc has taken the opportunity to attack Crete, an ally of @hobbers. He has currently occupied the entire Anatolian side of hobbers (along with @Walrus, though they are in two different wars). He's lost a lot of men somewhere, though.

This sounds kinda... Stupid. Will need to see a map of the areas I'm occupying before making a conclusion on whether or not I'm on board with this.

Worrying times ahead

Abizzz

@adexkola is the next to fall. He loses five provinces, all to @Abizzz (who keeps making really stupid borders, damn it). That's a one big country for each side forced out. The Catholic League definitely looks to be on top right now, though.

Alright we can end this war now.

Pretty pathetic showing by my allies. Must be said.

nimic

something nice
Scout
This sounds kinda... Stupid. Will need to see a map of the areas I'm occupying before making a conclusion on whether or not I'm on board with this.

Worrying times ahead
You got in just at the right time, and then out just at the right time. @hobbers accepted peace to get out so he could fight @Walrus instead. He only lost a single province, but you got more from the allies. I'll post a full Europe map after the War is over, so everyone can take stock (and cry).

hobbers

Get out of this silly holy war and just focus on Walrus please. Screw all these azymites.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Don’t mind if @Eboue takes my Belgium territory. Who needs that when you have Niger and can just go south to Congo. :nervous: