2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Red

whatever happens, the message is clear, America is saying feck you to the people who have run the country in recent years. It's just so ironic that they may elect the man who would grope his own daughter to make a quick buck
Fixed

Ivor Ballokov

Unbelievable. An actual racist becoming president of the United States. An actual orange, nasty, wig-wearing, misogynist, racist idiot becoming president. The problem isn't Trump, the problem is the massive amount of stupid idiots and that problem is not limited to the US.
Well that isn't that strange.

)_(

Hilary is not a real woman though... or to put it better, she is not the best candidate to benefit from being a woman; she's does not come across as a femeninista like Michelle Obama.
She has expressed strongly feminist sentiments in the past and got in trouble for it, sge also has to appeal to men who apparently can't handle feminism....which trump's win (partly) shows...a win for a violent white patriarchy

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Betfair have Trump at 1.21 now. Huge swing from the 1.17 for Clinton earlier on.

Also don't understand the notion that you have to be a racist to vote for Trump. If I had been poor my entire life etc I would vote for Trump simply because he represents a better chance for change because you have zero clue what he will do.
I mean more than likely nothing will change as it always does and in an ideal world none of these two would be candidates.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
If Trump wins will he pursue a further legal case against Clinton? Didn't he say in the debates repeatedly that if he were president that she would be in jail?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Is he ahead in PA? NYT is calling it for him. He's taking all of those states that were supposed to be untouchable.

Giggs86

This is GOP primaries all over again. No way he's winning right? And then watch in disbelief the horror unfold on CNN.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Go on.

Better be a white male...
Gavin Newsom maybe? Genuinely don't know.
I guess Dems were relying on minorities, but badly underestimated the white working class vote.

Michael Moore was right.
Yeah, looking at Colorado and early returns in minority areas in Florida and NC it seemed to be going better than expected, but white voters have just rebelled. Realignment as we watch.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Betfair have Trump at 1.21 now. Huge swing from the 1.17 for Clinton earlier on.

Also don't understand the notion that you have to be a racist to vote for Trump. If I had been poor my entire life etc I would vote for Trump simply because he represents a better chance for change because you have zero clue what he will do.
I mean more than likely nothing will change as it always does and in an ideal world none of these two would be candidates.
I can see it too. Trump is a ridiculous candidate, particularly from a British perspective, but you can't underestimate how terrible Hillary is to a great number of Americans.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If Trump wins will he pursue a further legal case against Clinton? Didn't he say in the debates repeatedly that if he were president that she would be in jail?
No, he will forget about it and focus on making deals with Putin for a Trump Tower in Moscow in exchange for a Russian invasion of eastern Europe.

Blackwidow

It's not so much that Hillary's a woman; it's that she lacks the human touch. Even her 'joy', let alone her spontaneity, doesn't convince.
That is not it.

Women are a lot more critical when it is women than it is when it is men. And there is not really a solidarity between women.

Another thing is that politics are mens' business. How often do you see it that women really participate in political decisions when there is a table of men and women discussing... There is so many that aren't interested and then they do what their husband tells them.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Why are people surprised at this? The amount of bigots and racists in America is gigantic.

I despise the Tories but I can at least accept they're qualified politicians. This guy isn't even that. He's genuinely an absolute fecking idiot. It isn't surprising. He's a xenophobe among other things but that one thing alone is what seals this for him.
Y'see the thing is, if there's one thing he isn't, it's an idiot.

He might be a million other bad things but he's intelligent. You don't get to his position without intelligence. Of course that intelligence could be used to take advantage of the huge amount of bigots and racists in America as you mentioned because he's a manipulative cnut but still.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Apologies to the (good) Yanks on here - but this just absolutely confirms that America is the dumbest country on this planet. They do not deserve the resources and power they have.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Apologies to the (good) Yanks on here - but this just absolutely confirms that America is the dumbest country on this planet. They do not deserve the resources and power they have.
Probably just a sign of more to come. Right wing nutters are on the rise everywhere, are they not?

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
My money is on UKIP now for next Westminster elections.

The world has turned on itself with open racism now fair game

Status
Not open for further replies.