2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
What you guys are forgetting is the Trump campaign shopped for "the most powerful VP ever... In charge of domestic and foreign policy." So if you're hoping his inner NY liberal playboy will come out in the white house - it'll probably be to use the office for personal gain and amusement, while Mike Pence runs the country. It's depressing just to think about.
So Bush-Cheney part II but replace corporate greed with religious lunacy?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
What you guys are forgetting is the Trump campaign shopped for "the most powerful VP ever... In charge of domestic and foreign policy." So if you're hoping his inner NY liberal playboy will come out in the white house - it'll probably be to use the office for personal gain and amusement, while Mike Pence runs the country. It's depressing just to think about.
Mike Pence would not be out of place during the Salem Witch trials.

Uniquim

Michigan, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire to fall in Clinton's favor, majority of electoral votes in Maine + Minnesota and the hail mary win in Alaska which was surprisingly close in polls prior to election, and she'll be over 270. Fergie time comeback is on.

Theonas

Scout
Dude it's happening. I know it is hard to accept. But it is.
Of course it's not. Are you serious? The answers to issues like that are not as simple as the simpletons like to believe. Of course it is comforting to just go out and claim to have solutions that a drunk bloke at the pub would spout out. It feels good to live in the illusion that the good life is a simple matter of a few decisions away. The world doesn't work like that though and Trump knows it, he just knew that a large number of people were too desperate and frustrated to question it.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I'm not really having CNN right now. "These people want their Government back" etc etc.. Don't act like you were on board with it or that you in any way saw it coming.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Not just of course. None of these things can be attributed to one factor. But that was one of the main agendas, not necessarily racism, but fear rhetoric, the vague promises of a better future using easy over simplified answers to appeal to the uneducated or plain frustrated. A large number of those tend to be old racists but sadly, many others were not which is what I am saying. This guy winning signifies that a large number of the so called civilized west is not as repulsed about bigotry as we hoped or thought they were.
I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I just think the establishment factor is so much bigglier than any other factor by a big scale. Look at the recent trends; Corbyn, UKIP, Brexit, Bernie, Trump.. they are wildly differently politically and ideologically but they all have one thing in common.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Michigan, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire to fall in Clinton's favor, majority of electoral votes in Maine + Minnesota and the hail mary win in Alaska which was surprisingly close in polls prior to election, and she'll be over 270. Fergie time comeback is on.
I wish, man. It doesn't look like that at all at the moment.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Remember when people thought how much of a joke it was that Trump was running for president?

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
While i can readily understand the disillusionment aspect to all this, the willingness of voters to overlook Trump's personal failings (particularly in an election centred around the individual).

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Surely Trump is bricking it now. It's one thing winning an election, it's a whole other thing actually being POTUS. He's simply not up to the job.
He is too much of a narcissist to worry about that IMO. This might inflate his opinion of Trump brand even more.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
What worries me more is that Repiublicans also controlling House and Senate things like Social Security, Minimum Wage, Woman Reproductive Rights, etc all are now on the table for Republicans to gut,
Ya, there will be setbacks on those fronts. Let's see how far they push back the country on those.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
feck it's going to be interesting. Repubs have a full on mandate, hold all three branches and have to go from obstructing to governing while bringing the country together. I bet they aren't exactly doing cartwheels. Big question is what does schumer do? work with them or feck them in the ass at every opportunity?

entropy

Of course it's not. Are you serious? The answers to issues like that are not as simple as the simpletons like to believe. Of course it is comforting to just go out and claim to have solutions that a drunk bloke at the pub would spout out. It feels good to live in the illusion that the good life is a simple matter of a few decisions away. The world doesn't work like that though and Trump knows it, he just knew that a large number of people were too desperate and frustrated to question it.
Nonsense. Once he becomes the president, all bets are off. There is no way of knowing what he'll do.

hobbers

On a more positive note, the rest of this season of Southpark is going to be even better.

Charlie Foley

That's how she campaigned!
The country sees her as a corrupt insider who repeatedly pointed out what a cnut Trump was. Not realising that the guys who've elected him didn't care that he was a cnut, they just wanted a live grenade to lob into Washington to destroy exactly what she represents. So he was able to address their issues without policies-she was unable to do it at all (whether policies would have worked had she based her campaign on herself more, is a separate matter)

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
While i can readily understand the disillusionment aspect to all this, the willingness of voters to overlook Trump's personal failings (particularly in an election centred around the individual).
Do you think Obama has been (or has been perceived as) a good president by the electorate?

Giggs86

So with the GOP holding full house now, what will Obamacare transform to? Can't get any worse, can it?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

RBG, please delay all retirement plans and have regular health checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.