2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winrar

trump now up 35k in PA.

it's over unless there's still a very good chunk of votes in pittsburgh not counted for.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Remember when people thought how much of a joke it was that Trump was running for president?
I still member way back when it very first came out, during the birth certificate fiasco. Obama and Seth Meyers destroyed him at the whitehouse correspondents dinner. I was shocked he even turned up, I thought that they ended him politically before he was even born. I had a tiny bit of respect for him for sitting there and taking it.

Fener1907

Guess the voters weren't as impressed with all of those videos like we were in this thread. In hindsight, all of those celebrity endorsements do look increasingly pointless and silly. A decent enough anti-Trump campaign, a pretty poor one in terms of explaining what made her the best person for the job other than she isn't Donald Trump.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I still member way back when it very first came out, during the birth certificate fiasco. Obama and Seth Meyers destroyed him at the whitehouse correspondents dinner. I was shocked he even turned up, I thought that they ended him politically before he was even born. I had a tiny bit of respect for him for sitting there and taking it.
I remember Seth Meyers roasting Trump. How things have changed.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Yeah, they both did. I still don't have a clue where any of them stand politically.
They get what they deserve.
True, but that was all Trump had. Clinton had better policy but she attacked his character, ignoring her own glaring faults. He basically lured her into a trap and she fell for it, believing she was tricking him all along.

Theonas

Scout
I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I just think the establishment factor is so much bigglier than any other factor by a big scale. Look at the recent trends; Corbyn, UKIP, Brexit, Bernie, Trump.. they are wildly differently politically and ideologically but they all have one thing in common.
That's a fair point. The problem for me is what on earth people have got to complain about? People in Britain and the US have been having some of the highest standards of living known to the average person relative to human history of course. The last 10 years or so had witnessed a bump, a small downturn. Does that justify enough anger to tolerate this level of open racism, sexism and hateful views? One has to be either just bigoted by heart or really naïve enough to actually think their life sucks so bad.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Guess the voters weren't as impressed with all of those videos like we were in this thread. In hindsight, all of those celebrity endorsements do look increasingly pointless and silly. A decent enough anti-Trump campaign, a pretty poor one in terms of explaining what made her the best person for the job other than she isn't Donald Trump.
At this point I have no idea what she could have done. Trump did not really run a campaign and still won.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
feck it's going to be interesting. Repubs have a full on mandate, hold all three branches and have to go from obstructing to governing while bringing the country together. I bet they aren't exactly doing cartwheels. Big question is what does schumer do? work with them or feck them in the ass at every opportunity?
Dems will filibuster in Senate NQAT. Biggest loss for democrats is the SC. Irreversible damage there.

justboy68

Interesting point being made on BBC that Obama's foundation has been great at getting Obama elected but for some reason very poor at getting his democratic party elected.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Fener1907

At this point I have no idea what she could have done. Trump did not really run a campaign and still won.
Not sure, really. I guess I'm suggesting that she could have focused less on meeting him head on and instead focused on outlining what made her the best person for the job. No idea.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It's been historic, Caftards. Enjoy the rest of the night/day wherever you are. I gotta get up in five hours, put on the uni, and start readying myself for the future foreign policy.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
That's a fair point. The problem for me is what on earth people have got to complain about? People in Britain and the US have been having some of the highest standards of living known to the average person relative to human history of course. The last 10 years or so had witnessed a bump, a small downturn. Does that justify enough anger to tolerate this level of open racism, sexism and hateful views? One has to be either just bigoted by heart or really naïve enough to actually think their life sucks so bad.
It's a good question. I personally think everyone would be a whole lot happier if they could even dream of buying a house and have a family where one parent can stay at home like their parents and grandparents mau have done. It's a pipe dream for most now, but maybe that is too niche and UK specific even.. I just think that's the most common real life hindrance to most people under 40 now. I'm sure I'm missing other reasons.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
True, but that was all Trump had. Clinton had better policy but she attacked his character, ignoring her own glaring faults. He basically lured her into a trap and she fell for it, believing she was tricking him all along.
I don't see what's the genius plan about making a tit out of yourself and being called out for it. She was right, as was most of the media in going after his character, values and bigotry.

And I saw Hilary speak here and there, and she was often very policy heavy everytime. It's the voters who appear to me to have failed to exercise their ability to have a moral compass, and exercise critical thinking. And there's a huge element of racism involved. There's no other reason to vote for the raging maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.