2017 Pre Season | Real Madrid vs Manchester United

Canagel

What a shambles of penalty kicks that was. We seriously need to improve big time

Paul_Scholes18

Glad it was a friendly. We just have to avoid getting into any penalty shootouts. We are just totally crap at it.

Herrera and Mata could score them I guess, but well Fellaini on pens would just be even worse than these ones.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
That was absolutely dreadful. Surprised the likes of Pogba didn't take a pen. As for Lindelof's, well that was just hopeless.

Baxter

That second half was played with the intensity of a light training session and the players couldn't have cared about the pens :lol:

Can't wait for proper football to start.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
My word we got some poor players....Mickhi, Martial and Lindelof look out of depth at United.

Devil may care

I thought Bailly, Jones, TFM and Pereira were decent in the first half, with Lingard and Martial having a couple of moments. Second half was poor in general, losing Herrera straight away made it harder and the heat had a big effect, although Lindelof's nervousness and Pogba's lackadaisicalness were their reasons for being poor.

Litch

We looked Leggy in the second half and I think we underestimated the young lads.

Irrational.

If there's one thing we've learnt from this pre-season, it's not to let any game go to penalties, ever. Throw the kitchen sink at the opposition and risk conceding, score an own-goal, ANYTHING to prevent watching our players take penalties. :lol:

We were given the run around by the Real youngsters in the second half, our players didn't seem to give a shit.

Also surprised Lukaku/ Pogba didn't step up to take pens.

This team is still missing leadership/ players leading by example. Some of what was on display tonight was simply unprofessional, pre-season game or not.

Matty7

We would have a totally different line up for penalties in a serious game. Lukaku and Pogba would take for sure. That was just a chance to let others have ago (not including Martial mind).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We got lucky and DDG was immense.
Jose has a lot to think about after this game
We are suffering the same problems as last year, with almost exactly the same players.
Lukaku barely got any service (which is what Ibra dealt with last season, but used his clever flicks and positioning to bring other players into the attack).
And Lindelof was pretty dire.
To expect our non-scoring attackers to score goals, is wishful thinking.

Sentient Meat

An American dad to his child- "Son, how'd you like to see two of the greatest teams in the world play soccer today?"
Child beaming with excitement- "Sure, Dad"
Two hours later- "Mommy, why did Daddy lie to me?"

Minimalist

Obviously we were just toying with Madrid right up to the last penalty. Outrageous tackle in the box. Fellaini miss. Textbook stuff.

PoTMS

For winning in a preseason friendly?
Nah, feck that. What has it being preseason got to do with not being able to put a ball into the next from 12 yards? Harks back to our PK shootout against Sunderland.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
EVERY PLAYER WE OWN IS THE WORST EVER OMFG WERE SO SHIT LOL.

This thread is embarrassing.

fellaini's barber

and this is after 3 pre season games :rolleyes:
Our season being better than last season depends on some of our players having significantly improved seasons than last. So far that doesn't look like its happening. Everyone keeps saying 'its just preseason' but the way I see it if Martial and Mikhi are having issues playing well in such low pressure 'just preseason' games, how the hell will they suddenly get better when the actual football with all the pressure starts?