2018 PGA and Golf in General

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Fantastic from Tiger there!

Jazz

Yes! That's got to be it now surely.

Jazz

Hope Tiger finishes with a birdie.

What a reception he's getting. I'm bloody happy to see him back performing like this. Can't wait to see if he wins a major next season.

Jazz

Tiger loves a bunker

Jazz

I've never seen that on a golf course. Unbelievable

Jazz

How must Tiger feel? Unbelievable the support here.

Jazz

Get in Tiger!!!!!

Jazz

I could cry. I love these things. Come through some trying times but you don't give up, and here is your reward...
Great scenes.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Dear god, let’s not jizz all over ourselves now. It is a great comeback from injury, but The Tour Championship is barely a top tier event. There are a half dozen tour events outside of the four majors that traditionally have stronger fields & are more prestigious. A good win on a relatively straightforward golf course by the second best golfer of all time.

He ain’t the GOAT.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Stop spoiling our trademarked muppetry, calo!

lsd

The Oracle
Dear god, let’s not jizz all over ourselves now. It is a great comeback from injury, but The Tour Championship is barely a top tier event. There are a half dozen tour events outside of the four majors that traditionally have stronger fields & are more prestigious. A good win on a relatively straightforward golf course by the second best golfer of all time.

He ain’t the GOAT.

It consists of the top 30 players on the tour throughout the season .

Surely you have to play pretty good to be in it let alone win it .

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It consists of the top 30 players on the tour throughout the season .

Surely you have to play pretty good to be in it let alone win it .
It's not the Quad Cities Open, I will grant you that, but it ain't the Players, Bay Hill, Traveler's, AT&T, Memorial, etc. Sure, it consists of the top 30 players from the season, but that does not always translate into a strong field. Three players who won early in the calendar year & are out of form in September basically reduces the field by 10%; on average, there are roughly ten participants at the Tour Championship that are not in any form to win, even more pronounced with the wrap around season & those who win & pad their stats almost a full year early. The field typically has the 'names' when it is all said & done, but the field itself pales in comparison to that of the Players & many of the FedEx playoff tournaments.

Ask any tour player what tournament outside of the four majors they want to win & the Tour Championship won't be very high on the list.

ErranMorad

Amazing! One of the happiest days of my following golf. Have been praying for it to happen for what seemed like eternity. Came close a couple of times but never materialized until today.

Now go on a win a couple more majors.

Greatest of all time!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

He ain’t the GOAT.
Lol awful take.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
So who’s looking forward to the Ryder Cup and watching ‘Murica kick some euro ass? Tiger and company about to open a serious can of whoopass on our friends across the pond. :D

Interesting choice of venue is Le Golf National. Hearing that it’s an extremely tough course which should only increase the drama.

lsd

The Oracle
So who’s looking forward to the Ryder Cup and watching ‘Murica kick some euro ass? Tiger and company about to open a serious can of whoopass on our friends across the pond. :D

Interesting choice of venue is Le Golf National. Hearing that it’s an extremely tough course which should only increase the drama.

As a European I'll be cheering on USA as my fave golfers are yanks and off course Rory McIlroy is European

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You obviously have no sense of golf history to make such a poor post.
Tiger Woods has been torn down, physically, emotionally and mentally over the last 5 years to such an extent where he didn't know if he could ever live without pain. He said himself he had nothing to look forward to, I wouldn't be surprised if was depressed at that point. He's not only come back to play golf again, he's taken 8 months to get to the very top level, getting to 13 in the world and winning an event that you have play consistently well all year to even qualify for. He's completely rebuilt a swing around his fused back, and leads the tour in strokes gained in approach and his top 5 in pretty much every other stat, which is absolutely unreal.

His comeback is greatest ever in golf and he is the GOAT.

Tarrou

You obviously have no sense of golf history to make such a poor post.
What does golf history have to do with this, though?

The comeback it remarkable to me because of what Tiger went through in his personal and professional life, the injuries, the back surgeries, and the incredible amount of mental fortitude required to go through all of that and find the motivation to get back to a competitive level of golf - and win a PGA event.

Whether he's the greatest of all time, or only in the top three, or whatever, takes nothing away from that achievement.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Tiger Woods has been torn down, physically, emotionally and mentally over the last 5 years to such an extent where he didn't know if he could ever live without pain. He said himself he had nothing to look forward to, I wouldn't be surprised if was depressed at that point. He's not only come back to play golf again, he's taken 8 months to get to the very top level, getting to 13 in the world and winning an event that you have play consistently well all year to even qualify for. He's completely rebuilt a swing around his fused back, and leads the tour in strokes gained in approach and his top 5 in pretty much every other stat, which is absolutely unreal.

His comeback is greatest ever in golf and he is the GOAT.
Yes, his comeback has been impressive, but he put himself in that physical & emotional pit with absołutely no one else to blame. My admiration for that can only go so far. The swing he is currently using is a form of what all of his coaches wanted him to use in the past - less squat on the transition, more around his body, less torque, basically the swing he grew up with. He wanted to keep working out, developing a body that was not attune to a goal swing that would not break a body down. He has not been unlucky with injuries, he is lucky to still be playing.

Tiger may go down as the most talented golfer of all time, but he won’t be the greatest. It’s like calling LeBron the greatest because you were alive during his career. Lebron will always look up at MJ’s six rings, just like Tiger will always look up at Jack’s eighteen majors.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What does golf history have to do with this, though?

The comeback it remarkable to me because of what Tiger went through in his personal and professional life, the injuries, the back surgeries, and the incredible amount of mental fortitude required to go through all of that and find the motivation to get back to a competitive level of golf - and win a PGA event.

Whether he's the greatest of all time, or only in the top three, or whatever, takes nothing away from that achievement.
I do give him some credit for the comeback, but it wasn’t like he was unlucky to get to the depths he got, he did it to himself 100%. It’s certainly a feel good story, hope his comeback continues into the Ryder Cup & into 2019.

Ainu

Well I'm not exactly relishing that particular scenario but I fear USA are simply far too strong for Europe at the moment. That team is ridiculous. Hoping for a close race but I'm expecting USA to take an early lead and never look in trouble.