2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlo

There certainly is a streak of ignorance in 48ish% of the populace.
Most definitely. But it's hard to claim that every voter who voted trump support him stealing the election. Perhaps half do, who knows.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We need to aggressively gerrymander where we can. We need to marginalize then as much as we can. Trying to bridge gaps might have existed back in the Tip O’Neill days, but those are long gone. We need to combat them with the same tactics they use.
You're talking about marginalising half of a huge country, which is itself an oxymoron. How is that going to repair the division?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I cant handle watching it because I know way too many people watch it and listen to their every word, and it screws their ideas and world view. Literally nothing I can do about it, but its depressing seeing otherwise good natured people start coming out with fox news talking points.
Hmm. This is perhaps the 2nd or 3rd tome I’ve watched for an extended viewing. It really is like watching an alternate reality.

And as you say the people who work on this channel and watch this channel truly believe in there alternative reality.

In the end who knows which version is true, but from my perspective the fox side is bat shit crazy.

Smores

We need to aggressively gerrymander where we can. We need to marginalize then as much as we can. Trying to bridge gaps might have existed back in the Tip O’Neill days, but those are long gone. We need to combat them with the same tactics they use.
I've got to agree with you here. It's always the same argument to reach out whilst ignoring all evidence that the other side are not willing. Aggressive tactics to lower tolerance for this madness and drive it out of the main stream is the only way, only then can you bridge the gaps.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
ok, but lowering taxes is not a belief, wanting jobs back, neither
Very few actually felt a tax relief, many of the middle class had an increase. No appreciable jobs back either. These two myths just aren’t that true for the majority of people in this country regardless the political flavor.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
For many to think that Trump has their best interests at heart is baffling to me. To take in his total sum of work & determine that he is the best choice for them smacks of ignorance. Simple as.
For a start, in both elections Trump's greatest support came from rich people. He certainly does have their interests at heart, for obvious reasons.

As for the minority of poor people who voted for him, it's obviously very sad that they did but when you look at the platform the Democratic party offered, on both occasions, it's not like they had reason to believe anyone was on their side, however informed they could have been.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Most definitely. But it's hard to claim that every voter who voted trump support him stealing the election. Perhaps half do, who knows.
So how accurate were your predictions? Did you make a pile of cash?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Is there anyone who’s watched the entire thing still? And when would you like the men in white coats to pick you up?
Yes. Been watching it since mid afternoon Tuesday. It’s now 17:15 here on Wednesday. I feel delirious.

Tel074

This man is a disgrace. Biden might not be a boy scout but THIS thing is the alternative.

I'm guessing that his team are also projecting Biden to win PA judging by his focus on his army of nutjobs not being allowed to "observe".

Totally agree. I just witnessed one of the nutjobs interrupt a press conference shouting about Biden stealing the election. Trump is a dangerous man and he should be silenced

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Payback for 2000. Nevada goes blue and it’s done. Maybe my own prediction of Trump being led out of the WH in cuffs might just come true if he refuses to turn over power.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I've got to agree with you here. It's always the same argument to reach out whilst ignoring all evidence that the other side are not willing. Aggressive tactics to lower tolerance for this madness and drive it out of the main stream is the only way, only then can you bridge the gaps.
Republicans got called out for gerrymandering, but some of those new districts existed over multiple election cycles & still exist. Even if we get a court to rule against any new districts, just having them in play is crucial. Just don’t see any semblance of a high road going forward. The right will grab onto it to show how unruly the Antifa-led Democrats are (or some such silky moniker), but wins in the board are the important things.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fox pushing voting irregularities very hard. Claiming that there were ‘widespread misdemeanours state after state’.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Picking up some excellent Cajun food (yes, shockingly there is some up here) and headed home to hopefully see Arizona called and end the long long journey with a double scotch. I need this 2020, I deserve this!

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Republicans have gone so far off the deep-end now with conspiracies and claims of fraud... I think the US will probably cease to be an effective democracy at some point in the next 10 years. Could be in the next couple of months.

Pughnichi

So says the scribe who is only six months into his doctoral research on the vagaries of the two party system in my country.

There’s only one person here spewing ignorance. And, ignorance doesn’t necessarily mean a lack of intelligence, it means not being cognizant of facts. But, the former plays a lot into it in the current makeup of this country, no doubt.

Again, we’ve never been here as a country before. It’s time to call it what it is.
i concede that my understanding of American politics is slight. For me personally, I’ll certainly not be running up and down the streets with a pitchfork when it’s announced. My feelings and opinions can however also be formed outside of policies with my morales, personality and characteristics also coming in to play. Trump isn’t a saint, far from it. Trump isn’t a politician, that much is clear. Trump likely lies, as much as the next one. But for 45% of like minded people he represents a change and often fulfilled his promises (based on federal register and executive orders he’s signed/implemented). Put simply, I just couldn’t trust Biden based on ‘all’ my 6 months of learning.

off to bed. Exhausted. Good luck

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Republicans have gone so far off the deep-end now with conspiracies and claims of fraud... I think the US will probably cease to be an effective democracy at some point in the next 10 years. Could be in the next couple of months.
That horse already bolted with all the gerrymandering and voter suppression that goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.