g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

ThTs pretty bad news?

Essentially means even if Biden is up in national polls, it’s largely in states where he was always going to win.
it's not a great polling sample size so take it with a grain of salt, and biden is doing well in individual battle ground state polls. But any idea this is going to be a cakewalk, especially with such an awful candidate like Biden, should always be doubted.

Charlie Foley

it's not a great polling sample size so take it with a grain of salt, and biden is doing well in individual battle ground state polls. But any idea this is going to be a cakewalk, especially with such an awful candidate like Biden, should always be doubted.
Yeah

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Doubt anyone thinks this will be a cakewalk. Many on here like myself still see Trump as favourite.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Doubt anyone thinks this will be a cakewalk. Many on here like myself still see Trump as favourite.
More the point I think is that it should be a cakewalk given the last four years. Biden/Dems are just doing their standard play of snatching defeat from the jaws of success. I dont "mind" Biden, but its staggering that he was the best candidate they could come up with - is there really not a single reasonably competent, sound-minded, eloquent person who can string together a few sentences and think rationally? The mind boggles.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
More the point I think is that it should be a cakewalk given the last four years. Biden/Dems are just doing their standard play of snatching defeat from the jaws of success. I dont "mind" Biden, but its staggering that he was the best candidate they could come up with - is there really not a single reasonably competent, sound-minded, eloquent person who can string together a few sentences and think rationally? The mind boggles.
I don't think Trump would be a cakewalk for any Dem. Trump has ensured the nation is totally divided. I don't think there are anything like independents. You are either for him or against him. It seems his floor is 40%. No matter what he does, he will not lose those votes. That would be a problem for any Dem on any spectrum of the party.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I don't think Trump would be a cakewalk for any Dem. Trump has ensured the nation is totally divided. I don't think there are anything like independents. You are either for him or against him. It seems his floor is 40%. No matter what he does, he will not lose those votes. That would be a problem for any Dem on any spectrum of the party.
We'll see about that when his base start seeing their elderly relatives die.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There are some states that Jesus could run in as a Democrat and Trump would still win. You're right, the election isn't about that.

The US system is so weird. The whole Presidential election will come down to at most 4 states - none of which are the biggest/richest/most populace. System is so screwed.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You're right, the election isn't about that.

The US system is so weird. The whole Presidential election will come down to at most 4 states - none of which are the biggest/richest/most populace. System is so screwed.
Only the ones in the Bible Belt.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
Not gonna lie, this is pretty funny. Don't really care much about either candidate so I at least want to have some good shots being fired.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Not gonna lie, this is pretty funny. Don't really care much about either candidate so I at least want to have some good shots being fired.

Meanwhile the Dems social media advertising is wasting a ton of money on silly ads like the "Sign the card to thank Obama for getting involved to defeat Trump" that keep popping up on this website for me and will have zero effect on the election unlike Parscale and Trump's micro-targetting blitzes.

WPMUFC

“Don’t forget, we have more cases than anybody in the world. But why? We do more testing,” Trump said, before completely botching the public health argument for how and why countries test to find out who has the virus, which does involve avoiding testing for fear it will discover too many positive patients. “When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing we would have very few cases.”

“They don’t want to write that,” Trump then claimed, alluding to the media, before matter-of-factly adding: “It’s just common sense.”
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trum...-do-any-testing-we-would-have-very-few-cases/

There better be a fecking Biden ad using this. WAKE UP DEMOCRATS!! Start attacking this degenerate.

Charlie Foley

Meanwhile the Dems social media advertising is wasting a ton of money on silly ads like the "Sign the card to thank Obama for getting involved to defeat Trump" that keep popping up on this website for me and will have zero effect on the election unlike Parscale and Trump's micro-targetting blitzes.
Wait, are you actually getting this ad?

Also, anyone on here get DCCC emails? My god they are insufferable. How can a party I vote for most of the time piss me off this much. It is like reading tabloid newspapers, highlighted and bolted sentences to catch the eye, words in all caps for emphasis, overly dramatic language (in a fake conversation style, painful) and worst of all it all reads like a guilt trip. It’s what I’d expect from Trump, but that Biden 404 page while not exactly “classy” is way punchier and more effective than anything the Dems seem to come up with. The sad thing is they probably paid some marketer or advisor a small fortune to deduce that their campaign tactics are “the most effective”-if they’re wrong they’re obviously morons, if they’re right and this is what gets dem voters out/donating the most, god help us that is pitiful. The style of email I get from Bernie or AOC campaigns are just so much more digestible (nothing will top Cory Booker’s emails from “his mom”.)

I only hope that the on the ground impact of feckstain’s administration is enough to overcome the “Pokemon go to the polls” level of shit these cowboys come out with. Fingers crossed.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
You reap what you sow. The very majority of media has been behaving rather questionable for quite some time and this is what happens.
No one in that video was physically aggressive.
Probably the smartest move of Trump's campaign in 2016 is using their own language against them and thus pointing out the intense bias.

But it's not like it's just conservatives hating on media, either. Rightfully so. Thus my sympathy is rather limited for the guy.

Smart move from his campaign.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Wait, are you actually getting this ad?

Also, anyone on here get DCCC emails? My god they are insufferable. How can a party I vote for most of the time piss me off this much. It is like reading tabloid newspapers, highlighted and bolted sentences to catch the eye, words in all caps for emphasis, overly dramatic language (in a fake conversation style, painful) and worst of all it all reads like a guilt trip. It’s what I’d expect from Trump, but that Biden 404 page while not exactly “classy” is way punchier and more effective than anything the Dems seem to come up with. The sad thing is they probably paid some marketer or advisor a small fortune to deduce that their campaign tactics are “the most effective”-if they’re wrong they’re obviously morons, if they’re right and this is what gets dem voters out/donating the most, god help us that is pitiful. The style of email I get from Bernie or AOC campaigns are just so much more digestible (nothing will top Cory Booker’s emails from “his mom”.)

I only hope that the on the ground impact of feckstain’s administration is enough to overcome the “Pokemon go to the polls” level of shit these cowboys come out with. Fingers crossed.
Yeah, I have for weeks. Mostly on mobile though so next time I'm on my phone I'll screenshot it. It's really embarassing.

GiddyUp

You reap what you sow. The very majority of media has been behaving rather questionable for quite some time and this is what happens.
No one in that video was physically aggressive.
Probably the smartest move of Trump's campaign in 2016 is using their own language against them and thus pointing out the intense bias.

But it's not like it's just conservatives hating on media, either. Rightfully so. Thus my sympathy is rather limited for the guy.

Smart move from his campaign.
Jesus christ man have you seen where these people get their news? They believe the Enquirer before the Times or Post. You are right, the media has been shite for a while but let's not pretend there are not multiple reputable news organizations out there it's just that the important questions are never fecking answered never mind asked.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
Jesus christ man have you seen where these people get their news? They believe the Enquirer before the Times or Post. You are right, the media has been shite for a while but let's not pretend there are not multiple reputable news organizations out there it's just that the important questions are never fecking answered never mind asked.
I don't trust any politician nor media per default, so I don't particular care about pointing fingers and whataboutism. Media fekked up big time with their reputation. Trump - or his campaign - picked up on it and used it against them and still is. Might be morally questionable, but it worked. So tough luck, still no sympathy from me.
If the majority of media had any integrity, it would have never gotten to this point. Not that it is a new development when comparing it to the past, though.

GiddyUp

I don't trust any politician nor media per default, so I don't particular care about pointing fingers and whataboutism. Media fekked up big time with their reputation. Trump - or his campaign - picked up on it and used it against them and still is. Might be morally questionable, but it worked. So tough luck, still no sympathy from me.
If the majority of media had any integrity, it would have never gotten to this point. Not that it is a new development when comparing it to the past, though.
So you don't trust any source you get your info from?

Status
Not open for further replies.