g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's a clear play for the Dade county Cuban vote, which if Biden carries FL, will be an important reason why.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
So you don't trust any source you get your info from?
I don't. If a story interests me I usually comapre different and opposing sources. Additionally most don't outright lie but rather twist the truth so reading in-between the lines helps.

SharpshooterTom

Obama - 'Leaders aren't even pretending to be in charge'

Interesting Obama's on the offense attacking Trump more than Biden himself is.

Think that always was the plan wasn't it, forget about Biden and just pretend they're electing Obama for a 3rd term.

Not a bad strategy, but what I do hate about the modern democratic party is how much of a **** it has become around Obama, the fact that no one was allowed to dare criticize him once during the primaries was quite telling, I have a favourable opinion of him overall as president but he's not jesus ffs.

There was poll recently showing Republicans think Trump is a better president than Lincoln and Democrats thought Obama was a better president than FDR.

Sums up US politics today, I actually agree with Rose McGowan's premise on this, both parties have become cults. Attack Trump and you're an establishment shill/RINO, make any criticism of the democrat party and you're a Russian bot/Putin lover.

Obviously the Republican party is still much worse than the democrats when it comes to **** politics, but it's disappointing the direction of the democrats too.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I think it's more down to Obama's c. 70% approval rating with independents. That's the play. He's hugely popular in the most important part of the election.

I also think that in the last 20 years he's the only decent president. And that's quite a long time for people's memories to go beyond.

Revan

Assumptionman
Obama - 'Leaders aren't even pretending to be in charge'

Interesting Obama's on the offense attacking Trump more than Biden himself is.

Think that always was the plan wasn't it, forget about Biden and just pretend they're electing Obama for a 3rd term.

Not a bad strategy, but what I do hate about the modern democratic party is how much of a **** it has become around Obama, the fact that no one was allowed to dare criticize him once during the primaries was quite telling, I have a favourable opinion of him overall as president but he's not jesus ffs.

There was poll recently showing Republicans think Trump is a better president than Lincoln and Democrats thought Obama was a better president than FDR.

Sums up US politics today, I actually agree with Rose McGowan's premise on this, both parties have become cults. Attack Trump and you're an establishment shill/RINO, make any criticism of the democrat party and you're a Russian bot/Putin lover.

Obviously the Republican party is still much worse than the democrats when it comes to **** politics, but it's disappointing the direction of the democrats too.
It is not that people were not allowed to attack him. It was more that he is still very popular with the Democrat base, and trash talking him won’t give you votes.

I don’t think there has been an Obama-****. More like people thought that he was somewhere between a decent and great president. I don’t think that he has been an exception president by any means, but it can be easily argued that he has been the best president since Reagan if not longer.

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
They were saying it to the likes of you.

You didn't and you won't. What's your point?
yes i know that too. i didn't what?

my question is, what is the significance of bringing up the party's hatred for bernie in the context of obama's shittiness?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Absolutely but when it comes to he said-she said, these things come into play, like how Biden's creepy videos are admitted as character evidence.
I see where you're coming from but I think it would only be equivalent if she had a history of making up stories about being harassed. Taking advantage of people's kindness and having a shitty personality seems to be what people said about her. Being creepy around women is not that distant from being inappropriate with women.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I see where you're coming from but I think it would only be equivalent if she had a history of making up stories about being harassed. Taking advantage of people's kindness and having a shitty personality seems to be what people said about her. Being creepy around women is not that distant from being inappropriate with women.
I have no idea if any of these alleged character assassinations of Tara Reade are true, but a serial manipulator and a shitty personality is a terrible thing to have when you are accusing someone of anything without proof.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I have no idea if any of these alleged character assassinations of Tara Reade are true, but a serial manipulator and a shitty personality is a terrible thing to have when you are accusing someone of anything without proof.
why did she tell her neighbour, ex-husband, and 2 unnamed people about a bad sex-related incident in biden's office?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's probably correct. She could be telling the truth in Biden's case and simultaneously, the Politico story about her being a deceitful, manipulative person could also be true. However, the fact that stories like this are now published will create enough doubt in most people's minds to where nothing will come of this.

Last edited:

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
That's true and it will end up being a situation where people will make up their mind based on what they think about Biden in particular or victims (or alleged victims) in general.

The really fecked up thing about these kind of articles for me is that if we apply the same logic to all cases, we'll end up with a culture of fear where victims will not step forward because they don't want their pasts dug up. And let´s be honest, most people are not immaculate, we'll always find something bad about their past that's not relevant to the present accusation which can be used to denigrate their image.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
That's true and it will end up being a situation where people will make up their mind based on what they think about Biden in particular or victims (or alleged victims) in general.

The really fecked up thing about these kind of articles for me is that if we apply the same logic to all cases, we'll end up with a culture of fear where victims will not step forward because they don't want their pasts dug up. And let´s be honest, most people are not immaculate, we'll always find something bad about their past that's not relevant to the present accusation which can be used to denigrate their image.
Yeah, I agree

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I have no idea if any of these alleged character assassinations of Tara Reade are true, but a serial manipulator and a DIFFICULT PERSONALITY is a terrible thing to have when you are accusing someone of anything without proof.
Maybe Reade would have been a nicer person if she didn't get raped.

Also FTFY

GiddyUp

It is not that people were not allowed to attack him. It was more that he is still very popular with the Democrat base, and trash talking him won’t give you votes.

I don’t think there has been an Obama-****. More like people thought that he was somewhere between a decent and great president. I don’t think that he has been an exception president by any means, but it can be easily argued that he has been the best president since Reagan if not longer.
Reagan????. Arguably he is the very fecking obvious start to the shite we've found ourselves in.

Silva

the simultaneous praise of reagan and obama does make sense when you look at it through the scope of aesthetics, they were both kinda handsome and spoke in similar ways that seems to appeal to certain people, it's also blatant that a significant portion of the #resistance would vote for every single Trump policy if it was wrapped up in a media friendly package and the wall was presented as a progressive ideal to help legal migrants rather than to keep the browns out

they're also both conservatives which again, appeals to a lot people who want conservative policies but wrapped up in a nice friendly package

Last edited:

GiddyUp

the simultaneous praise of reagan and obama does make sense when you look at it through the scope of aesthetics, they were both kinda handsome and spoke in similar ways that seems to appeal to certain people, it's also blatant that a significant portion of the #resistance would vote for every single Trump policy if it was wrapped up in a media friendly package and the wall was presented as a progressive ideal to help legal migrants rather than to keep the browns out

they're also both conservatives which again, appeals to a lot people who want conservative policies but wrapped up in a nice friendly package
Eh, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.