2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshwingwizard

The idea that Sanders has lost comfortably in two Democrat primaries and couldn't turn out the independents and young voters like claimed, yet would apparently do so in the election is so lacking in logic.

One of Biden's problems is he's perceived as too left leaning in most these swing states. What twitter millenials living in the coastal states think of you matters not one bit.
It's only lacking in logic if you frame it in the context of losing the democratic primaries where it was really Black democratic support staying with Biden that turned things around when he has been floundering.

To win the overall presidency that demographic would always back you. What you needed to do was get voter turnout up and attract independents in swing states.

Biden didnt have a message other than being anti something. No hope for the future, no reengaging with working class voters in the rust belt offering prospects and a future.

Only a message of hope and aspiration would have been able to counter Trumps divisive message of hate and anger.

For some reason the democratic establishment made exactly the same mistakes as with HC. Hopefully it wont be as costly.

InfiniteBoredom

Wisconsin is very close. Maybe recount territory.
It is recount territory, but it won’t happen until the BoE meet one week after E-Day, and by then Biden might not even need the state anymore (PA/MI outside of recount range), so Republicans might not even bother.

Tel074

I've been up most of the night and I'm still not sure who is going to win . My bet365 is now showing Biden as a big fav which trump was all through the night .

Can anyone who actually knows what they are talking about tell me what % possibility Biden has of winning ?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
A lot of people have made a lot of money in the last 5/6 hours

neverdie

Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada and Georgia give Biden the Presidency. He's favourite in all those states with NC still in play.

Siorac

This is why I kept saying all night long that calling Biden an uninspired candidate is somewhat wide of the mark: clearly, he managed to enthuse a staggering amount of votes. He mainly did so by not being Trump, admittedly. But still: no presidential candidate ever received more votes. It's a bit odd to then turn around and say he should have done much better.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So other than (what I assume was) the cuban diaspora in Florida, did Biden actually underperform with a given demographic to make it this close?

Or is it more a case of Trump very effectively mobilising his base to match Biden?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I've been up most of the night and I'm still not sure who is going to win . My bet365 is now showing Biden as a big fav which trump was all through the night .

Can anyone who actually knows what they are talking about tell me what % possibility Biden has of winning ?
Right now its probably 66-33 to Biden but thats taking into account Trumps court claims. Literally if the trends continue with Michigan and we know that Nevada is incredibly like to stay blue, Biden wins... PA, Georgia and NC are all not necessary but would be a nice bonus and hopefully a potential senate win.

Right now all momentum is with Biden and it doesn't look like anything will swing trumps way.

Revan

Assumptionman
After this is all over I'm creating a thread about polling "science".

cc @Revan
Polls have been shit though, even if Biden wins. Was supposed to be an easy victory based on polls, and also the senate to flip.

Regardless if he wins or not, I think polls this time have been worse than in 2016 (when IMO they were ok, but misread by many people).

Tel074

Right now its probably 66-33 but thats taking into account Trumps court claims. Literally if the trends continue with Michigan and we know that Nevada is incredibly like to stay blue, Biden wins... PA, Georgia and NC are all not necessary but would be a nice bonus and hopefully a potential senate win.

Thank you

neverdie

It is recount territory, but it won’t happen until the BoE meet one week after E-Day, and by then Biden might not even need the state anymore (PA/MI outside of recount range), so Republicans might not even bother.
Is he expected to claw back the 600k in PA? If he does that then he's a massive favourite with everything else being as it is. He doesn't need it from where I'm looking and still favourite to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.