g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

21/22 MUFC POTY Ronaldo or De Gea?

Widow

Not really weird. Both are cnuts as people but one of them is also a massive narcissist, way to arrogant and as petulant as a 3 year old and it isn't Giggs.
Do you know Giggs personally? Thought not. Do you think that being a narcissist (a popular label atm) is any worse than being a lying, cheating, woman beating misogynist? Weird.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Not really weird. Both are cnuts as people but one of them is also a massive narcissist, way to arrogant and as petulant as a 3 year old and it isn't Giggs.
Are you an adult? I can never understand grown men having such strong feelings of hatred towards other grown men they don’t know. It’s weird. Of course criticism for performance but trying to conduct a personality analysis from games of football….just weird. I just stick to performances when judging players.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Do you know Giggs personally? Thought not. Do you think that being a narcissist (a popular label atm) is any worse than being a lying, cheating, woman beating misogynist? Weird.
What's weird is you bringing Giggs into the conversation when this thread has got feck all to do with him. If he was in the running for POTY then I'd probably mention something about his character as well. He's not. I don't.

Are you an adult? I can never understand grown men having such strong feelings of hatred towards other grown men they don’t know. It’s weird. Of course criticism for performance but trying to conduct a personality analysis from games of football….just weird. I just stick to performances when judging players.
So because you don't understand it you have to ask me if I'm an adult? Oookayyy
Apologies for having a personal opinion. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Widow

What's weird is you bringing Giggs into the conversation when this thread has got feck all to do with him. If he was in the running for POTY then I'd probably mention something about his character as well. He's not. I don't.

So because you don't understand it you have to ask me if I'm an adult? Oookayyy
Apologies for having a personal opinion. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
:lol:

lex talionis

It is either Ronaldo or De Gea, there being no wrong answer between the two of them.

The more interesting question is who would be third? For me it would have to be Fred, despite putting in some horrifying performances earlier in the season and Fred being a player that would likely not even make the bench for any of our other top dix rivals and possibly not even West Ham.

Utter calamity, this season has been. Thank you, Woody and Ole.

Widow

Original way to carry on a discussion. Does that mean you win??
No, it means I found your comment funny and yet boring. There is little point in debating when your mind is clearly clouded and made up. After all, it's not for me to tell you how you judge people you know very little about.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Definitely not Ronaldo. He's been useless for half the games this season.

I'd have Fred above him. De Gea #1, fred 2, Ronaldo 3.

didz

Definitely Ronaldo. I don't think this team can win another match this season, but there's a decent chance Ronaldo will win a game or two on his own. Thats basically been the case since January 30th, barring our game against a self-destructing Bielsa side.

I don't think anybody will be thrilled to win the award this season, mind you.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ronaldo has not even scored in 17 of the 26 PL games that he has featured in. 10 of his 15 goals have came in 4 games alone. The games he has performed great in can be counted on one hand.
Bingo. Ronaldo has grabbed a boatload in a few games and has many many really poor ones. DDG has been excellent all season. Not sure how this is even close other than bias.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Tom Heaton for me.

Edit: Also, :lol: at the "Ronaldo has scored 2 hat tricks so he's only scored in 10 games this season" bile people are spouting....how many of those multiple goals in games won us points ye clowns? :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d probably give it to De Gea, but only just. He was thought by many to be on his way out last summer, after 3 years of bad form, sharing the number 1 jersey with Henderson and then missing the crucial kick in the Europa League final shootout. But he not only won his jersey back as undisputed No.1 but also returned to somewhere near his best form.

Ronaldo has scored 20+ goals in a shit team but De Gea turned his united career around by working hard when it would have been easier to sack it off. He should get the award as an example to the rest of the squad.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
No, it means I found your comment funny and yet boring. There is little point in debating when your mind is clearly clouded and made up. After all, it's not for me to tell you how you judge people you know very little about.
Fair enough answer and to an extent you're right but have you ever experienced a person that you've never met and you find them as obnoxious as they come? Reality star, soap star, singer, Trump, Piers Morgan?

jm99

Tom Heaton for me.

Edit: Also, :lol: at the "Ronaldo has scored 2 hat tricks so he's only scored in 10 games this season" bile people are spouting....how many of those multiple goals in games won us points ye clowns? :lol:
Virtually all of his goals won us points

Opener and second Vs Newcastle on his second debut - 3 PTS
Goal against West ham in a 2-1 win - 3 PTS
Opener away to spurs -3 PTS
Double against arsenal -3 PTS
Opener against Brighton - 3 PTS
Hat trick against Norwich - 3 pts
Hat trick against spurs 3 PTS
Only goal away to Norwich - 3 pts

Now obviously for these purposes I've done what is traditionally done and counted the opener in a game where the opponents don't score as the winning goal even if the eventual margin of victory is 2 or 3 but basically every goal he's scored in the league has been an opener, equaliser or winner. No stat padding, no last goal in a 5 goal rout (although that might be a result of us rarely winning by more than a goal tbh) but he's won a lot of points even if his goals have been concentrated in fewer games, which is probably better than scoring in 20 different games but 15 of them being the final goal in a 3-0 win, in terms of what it contributes

Widow

Fair enough answer and to an extent you're right but have you ever experienced a person that you've never met and you find them as obnoxious as they come? Reality star, soap star, singer, Trump, Piers Morgan?
Absolutely but if I told you about people I found annoying, you would see they are very much analogous.

Nicolarra90

This

Ronaldo. He’s not been perfect but he’s scored 2 hat tricks in 3-2 wins (before this season we only had ONE post-Fergie hat trick), dragged us through the UCL group stage and been the only exciting part of the season.

De Gea has made some great saves, but he’s still on his line too much.
And this.

No brainer actually.

De Gea has been good but until I see his stats as Allison ones it's a no go.

lex talionis

The posts flogging Ronaldo are unpersuasive. He's been our only consistent goal scoring threat and more than a few of his goals have been match winners. I might still go with De Gea, but surely either Dave or Ronnie. No one else comes even close.

Andersons Dietician

Surprised to see Ronaldo even in this discussion as he’s been quite average. It’s more than likely DeGea with Fred a possible shout. If Ronaldo over the next few games won us all those games and got us secure in the top 4 then maybe his name would be worth mentioning for POTY.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Fred by a mile but obviously Ronaldo himself and his diehard fans would be unbearable here so let's give it to him.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Now obviously for these purposes I've done what is traditionally done and counted the opener in a game where the opponents don't score as the winning goal even if the eventual margin of victory is 2 or 3 but basically every goal he's scored in the league has been an opener, equaliser or winner. No stat padding, no last goal in a 5 goal rout (although that might be a result of us rarely winning by more than a goal tbh) but he's won a lot of points even if his goals have been concentrated in fewer games, which is probably better than scoring in 20 different games but 15 of them being the final goal in a 3-0 win, in terms of what it contributes
Exactly !! Fecking ludicrous the way people go on

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
De Gea gets too much credit for just doing his job of making saves in our worst sides. Just like relegated team's keepers regularly get their player of the year because they get so much practice.

Fred is one of the very few this season to come out with any credit.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
A keeper like Alisson is better overall. His positioning within goal to prevent shots, David, is very good. As it relates to sweeping behind his defense it isn't as good, but we all know he doesn't go outside his box much in relation to clearing the ball as a last man preventing a potential shot.

And handling, by way of catching and palming the ball away and limiting rebounds, David is very good.

You're very critical of de Gea and I wouldn't believe that you wouldn't have been very critical of David for example when he came out aggressively from his line against Norwich in the first half to block Pukki's shot near the top of the box.
So how comes out for one out of 10 that he should come for. Would you like me to bake him a cake?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
De Gea's had a season where he's slipped behind Raya and Sánchez, the Brentford and Brighton keepers respectively, for the Spanish national team and may well not go the World Cup now, yet a majority of Manchester United fans possibly think he has been their player of the season. That says a lot, both about the standards of the club and the inability of many fans to not recognise the painful limitations of a long serving player.

tomaldinho1

De Gea gets too much credit for just doing his job of making saves in our worst sides. Just like relegated team's keepers regularly get their player of the year because they get so much practice.

Fred is one of the very few this season to come out with any credit.
Ronaldo got us through the CL group and has really won us points on his own, despite having some poor games. I actually think Fred should be POTY though, he’s been so much better since Ragnick let him play in a more similar role to where does for Brasil.

DDG hasn’t even been that amazing - go look at his advanced stats, we’ve just been awful and that’s combined with him not being as terrible as he was the last couple of seasons. He’s a good solid keeper but he hasn’t been a great keeper since the World Cup.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's basically De Gea vs Ronaldo
It's close....really close.
Because De Gea has made so many saves, I have to give it to him.
I really would prefer not to give it to him, because he has won it so many times, but alas he has been very consistent for us....so David De Gea gets my vote.

ShinjiNinja26

If it wasn’t for Ronaldo’s goals we’d probably be bottom half right now. The same could also be said of De Gea’s saves though so I wouldn’t mind either of those 2 winning it.

If it wasn’t for Ronaldo’s goals we’d probably be bottom half right now. The same could also be said of De Gea’s saves though so I wouldn’t mind either of those 2 winning it.
Ronaldo for me. Keeps going doesn't let the head drop and has the arrogance and personality needed to lead Manchester United and set standards. Still in the running for the golden boot at 37 in a shit Utd team. Proper football legend who has kept going recently despite personal tragedy.
Having said that DeGea has also had a good season and if he gets it I will not complain.

MyBloodIsRed

Has to be Ronaldo... without him the season would've been AWFUL to watch.... he at least provided some joy.