24: Season 8

Spoony

The People's President
Was good but
Would've been better if they had Jack shoot the Russian president causing hell to break loose. I thought President Taylor(?) doing the right thing in the end was a bit gay and a tad unbelievable. So, personally would've wanted to find a way around that.
But yeah decent finale.

Chadwick's Acne

How the feck have you all watched the final three episodes already?!?

Now I have to get them...

x42bn6

Mostly agree with what jveezy says. It was a rather nice ending I thought. They always said that they would make this series more raw and close-to-the-heart, pulling Jack's emotions directly onto the screen. We got a bit more than that - President Taylor and Chloe pulling off good performances. Even without gunfire and bombs going off the whole two episodes were pretty engaging.

I don't think the series would have been half as good if it had gone out with a bang (Jack shoots everyone, starts a war and flees the country).

The ending basically says that Jack is human, and that he'll be back - one last time.

Ah the end of an era... Anything else good on telly then?

Chadwick's Acne

Okay so I managed to get hold of those last three hours and have just finished watching them.

Epic.

wr8_utd

:'(
Mostly agree with what jveezy says. It was a rather nice ending I thought. They always said that they would make this series more raw and close-to-the-heart, pulling Jack's emotions directly onto the screen. We got a bit more than that - President Taylor and Chloe pulling off good performances. Even without gunfire and bombs going off the whole two episodes were pretty engaging.

I don't think the series would have been half as good if it had gone out with a bang (Jack shoots everyone, starts a war and flees the country).

The ending basically says that Jack is human, and that he'll be back - one last time.

Ah the end of an era... Anything else good on telly then?
Not really.

Dexter comes late september.

Till then I guess there is House, Mentalist and till this week Flashforward. Sad times :(

Even Rules of Engagement and Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory have their season finales next week.

Lucky for me i have 3 and a half seasons of Lost left to watch :D

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I thought they could have done with one last Jack assault on someone. Him biting the ear off was good but him taking out the ambush team while shot would have been cool.

Whole Taylor thing at the end was dramatic but also kinda meh.

Still I am glad they finished the season on a good note rather than the utter shit dished out in first half.

twitter thread suggester
Not really.

Dexter comes late september.

Till then I guess there is House, Mentalist and till this week Flashforward. Sad times :(

Even Rules of Engagement and Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory have their season finales next week.

Lucky for me i have 3 and a half seasons of Lost left to watch :D
If that's the height of your bar for measuring the quality of a TV show, then I'm sure you can find abut hundred other shows you'll like.

Sylar

Jack in a hockey mask all padded up was one of the greatest 24 moments.

Season 6 was pure garbage, but the rest were good/great. Given it was 24 episodes, they did really well to stay for 8 days. I think they should just scrap any thoughts that season 6 existed and put the other 7 days plus redemption onto DVD and just call it a week in Jack Bauers life.

wr8_utd

If that's the height of your bar for measuring the quality of a TV show, then I'm sure you can find abut hundred other shows you'll like.
Two and a Half men is really good fun.

Obviously not anywhere as good as the drama shows but for comedy that and Rules of Engagement are really quite good.

Better than garbage like Friends and How I met your Mother.

Sylar

That was not a hockey mask!
You're not a hockey mask.

Two and a Half men is really good fun.

Obviously not anywhere as good as the drama shows but for comedy that and Rules of Engagement are really quite good.

Better than garbage like Friends and How I met your Mother.
lol.

And anyway, people talking about TV shows ending, True Blood is returning soon.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I thought they could have done with one last Jack assault on someone. Him biting the ear off was good but him taking out the ambush team while shot would have been cool.

Whole Taylor thing at the end was dramatic but also kinda meh.

Still I am glad they finished the season on a good note rather than the utter shit dished out in first half.
I quite liked it, and I'm glad it came after her seeing Jack's tape, rather than her just having a sudden change of mind.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Jack in a hockey mask all padded up was one of the greatest 24 moments.

Season 6 was pure garbage, but the rest were good/great. Given it was 24 episodes, they did really well to stay for 8 days. I think they should just scrap any thoughts that season 6 existed and put the other 7 days plus redemption onto DVD and just call it a week in Jack Bauers life.
Season 6 had some of the season's best moments I thought. The first 5 or 6 episodes were brilliant, and I loved the scene with Jack/Heller and Audrey in the Finale. Brilliantly done. Worst of the lot yes, but still an enjoyable season. I did like Tom Lennox.

wr8_utd

Season 6 had some of the season's best moments I thought. The first 5 or 6 episodes were brilliant, and I loved the scene with Jack/Heller and Audrey in the Finale. Brilliantly done. Worst of the lot yes, but still an enjoyable season. I did like Tom Lennox.
Even the worst of 24 is considerably better than anything else! :drool:

vuc

First Team Serb
That finale was fecking amazing.

Sylar

The whole storyline was bad. It mixed in three plots all into one and for 24 it seemed a bit too rushed. The first four episodes were really good but then it just went off the rails. I think the writers even apologized for it.

wr8_utd

It is n't really. When 24 is bad, it is really really bad and close to unwatchable.
It rarely ever is "bad".

Parts of Season 6 and the start of this season were the only parts which were bad really.

And still this season managed to end amazingly.

Wonder what show Fox is going to show now in their monday slots. It's going to have large footsteps to follow.

wr8_utd

Ah well it's still done brilliantly to sustain itself over 8 seasons despite having a limited scope in the sense of stories.

We all know what's going to happen and still the show keeps us hooked every single time.

Season 5 was absolutely the best :D

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
heh...

Lots of 24 arcs have stank. S4 had some really awful plot lines full of sink holes.
Most of the shittest ones have involved Kim in some way or another. One of my favourite ever scenes was in Season 4 when Jack forced the Surgeon in CTU to stop treating Paul Raines and start saving the terrorist instead. Epic viewing.

One of the great things about 24 is that it makes you constantly ask questions to yourself, question your morals, question what you would do in these situations.

vuc

First Team Serb
I don't get why people get 'bored' of the same sort of threats. At the end of the day the whole series has spanned 8 days. In those 8 days we've had assasination plots, nuclear bombs, nerve gas, government conspiracies etc. Remember that over 8 years has passed in this time, its not unrealistic at all to think that these things would happen, and the show is revolved around an anti-terrorist theme ffs.

Maybe some people would have been happy if terrorists used motorized sharks to attack L.A...

wr8_utd

Most of the shittest ones have involved Kim in some way or another. One of my favourite ever scenes was in Season 4 when Jack forced the Surgeon in CTU to stop treating Paul Raines and start saving the terrorist instead. Epic viewing.

One of the great things about 24 is that it makes you constantly ask questions to yourself, question your morals, question what you would do in these situations.
Even Dexter and The Shield to some extent did that to me.

But yeah the scenes you mentioned were brilliant. The scene in one season were Jack had to kill his own agent was tragic :(

The silent clock episode.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
24 is not the complex as you are trying to make it out to be. Torture for example has been very skewed. If they wanted to explore it properly they would have included a sequence where Jack tortured an innocent person instead almost always he did it on a bad guy and got the answer. Even in one season when they did torture an innocent colleague, the just brushed it aside like an acceptable mistake. Another problem was that most of the time people revealed the info while being torture while studies show that to be more varied.

Spoony

The People's President
The problem with 24 is that it generally follows the same template every series. Which is why I got bored and stopped watching. They did the right thing by calling it a day.

maldini

If they are making a movie, the writers may present it in a way that would appeal to those who don't have any background knowledge of the 24 saga. In other words, characters like Tony Almeida or Chase Edmunds may not be included.

wr8_utd

If they are making a movie, the writers may present it in a way that would appeal to those who don't have any background knowledge of the 24 saga. In other words, characters like Tony Almeida or Chase Edmunds may not be included.
Unfortunately for drawing in audiences Kim will be :mad:

EZee

its written... they have scrips etc and a filming schdule... set in london apparently (well certainly the 1st hour... giving a backstory... second hour might be realtime and could be back in the states?... not sure why im spoilering this as its nothing to do with s8 and how it ends

maldini

I think it's safe to stop using spoilers now.

I would have preferred the film to be set in LA, as it was the original backdrop to the show for 6 (?) seasons. London would've been a good setting for a season, but I think it will cause critics to draw the inevitable comparisons to the Bourne/Bond films.

I would love to see a Logan cameo. True, he was shot but he didn't die ("may have suffered brain damage")-an obvious ploy by the writers? Only time will tell.

maldini

He was fantastic. We may possibly have his brother on for the next movie, if he wakes up from the coma that is.

I see Ethan Kanin as the new Prez, seeing as he walked out of the administration when it got all topsy turvy. There's no better man to bring honor and integrity back to the White House, or at least that's what his campaign pitch should be.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Was never too keen on Wayne Palmer to be honest, David was better in every respect. Was cool when he helped out Jack in Season 5 though, just before it was revealed Logan was behind the day's events (Still can't believe that fecking twist - wasn't sure they'd pull it off at first but they did).

Kanin would be a logical choice, but I think he's both too old and not healthy enough to be a President, he had that heart attack remember (The restriction of medical aid was a total rip off of the Sherry and Milikan storyline in Season 3).

We will probably see somebody new, though I liked Tim Woods.

VP

:( Can't believe it's over.

jveezy, said it perfectly. At its worst it was decent television. At the show's best it was pure heroin.

Yes it was predictable in that every season had the same theme, but so what? It's a bit like watching United in an average league match at OT usually, on the whole we all know that United are going to win, it's just how we do it that makes it fun.