24: Season 8

Rooney1987

I just finished watching it I thought the final was great its a shame both 24 and lost finals were so close as lost is over shadowing 24.

wr8_utd

:'(
That was a great finale. Can't believe it's all over :(

Going to be a lot of months of no good TV now. Only Dexter to look forward to now really.

End of an era. Lost, 24, Heroes, Prison Break are now all over.

Need to find a new show now! :D

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:(

What a phenomenal ending. And that last scene was of epic epic proportions and I welled up.

Surly that cant be it? Just have no idea how I will cope with no more 24 and just a movie to look forward too?

I feel like crying. I really do.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Finale spoiler:

Don't agree with these at all. I thought it was easy to predict what would happen about a half hour before each event happened and I won't dispute that it was a lead up for the movie, but they wrapped up the season's plot well.

Call me simple. Call me a sucker for this sort of thing but I thoroughly enjoyed that. Loved it even. Taylor's fight with Hassan. Jack taking Chloe out. Chloe talking Jack down from the edge. Chloe shooting Jack. Every possible avenue for success closing only to have the President, herself, realize what peace was all about and bring down her own conspiracy. Logan killing Pillar and then trying to take himself out. Finally to end it with Jack thanking Chloe for everything (I couldn't help but think of the moment that Chase had to talk him out of firing her) just absolutely broke me. I'm watching on my laptop in the computer lab and I honestly can't stop bawling my eyes out right now.

I thought it was very well done, especially for a series finale, which tend to be poor. This series has prided itself in its own gratuitous badassery at times, and for it to take itself off the air without a hailstorm of bullets and with a message of peace, honor, and redemption was honestly something I didn't expect. I know it's not quite over because of the movie but I honestly feel like that was a very fitting end to the show.

To each his own and whatnot.
Totally agree. Excellent review.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Bloody hell, episode 16 was superb. I love this show. Feck knows how you managed to watch one episode a week, it's so much better in one block.

EricaNo7

not a dry eye in the house :(

at first i thought - is that it then ? but i'm now thinking along the same lines as jv - although extremely sad last few shots of jack looking up at chloe. it's beautifully set up for the film

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
you absolute gits

i clicked on that spoiler without even thinking, now i know what happens.. gah!!!
Aww, geebs! I put a label on it!

I hate that finale week occurs right when shit hits the fan for schooling but I suppose that's what I get for being a tv junkie. Now that 24 isn't on on Mondays, I'm looking forward to my weekends actually meaning something to me instead of simply obstacles between me and the Jack Bauer Power Hour.

Since I started college five years ago I've been an absolute tv maniac. I never had control over the remote at home so I was finally able to watch what I wanted and I ended up watching nearly everything on network tv. Despite having watched nearly everything, 24, through all its ups and downs, is the show that absolutely sticks out most above all others. It was the only show that I had to absolutely watch the night of the airing. I don't care if it was 4am and I was dead tired from a long night of work. I had to watch 24. I don't care how heavy my class load was on Mondays. I couldn't wait for Mondays, because at the end of the day, 24 made everything alright. I find it to be a cruelty of the highest order that this show is ending just as I'm about to have my Monday nights free for the rest of my life.

At its worst it was decent television. At the show's best it was pure heroin. It's not the greatest television and can even be comical in its ridiculousness at times, but it's been a huge part of my life in the last few years, and even though I know it's probably time, I'm still sad to see it go. I loved the characters and the connection I felt with them and the absolute pure raw emotion that this show could reach in and violently yank out of me. I honestly loved this show as much as a human being could love an intangible entity like a tv show. That said I'm looking forward to the movie to see what they can do with it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Episode 22 was ridicuously amazing, I think I even came a little. Honestly, that whole limousine scene where Jack took Logan is without doubt one of the best TV scenes in any show ever. It was amazing. What an episode.

On the one hand I can't wait to watch the final two to see how they wrap it all up, but on the other there's a part of me that doesn't want to watch it as I realise the end is nigh :(

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was a bit disappointed with the last few minutes but it was pure 24 i guess

this season redeemed itself somewhat in the last 7 episodes, the first half of the season was easily the worst of the whole 7 years

twitter thread suggester
I personally thought the finale felt like any other 24 episode, but I've never really been as much into the show as the rest of you.

zain

Believe
esmufc10..PLEASE..spoilers..PLEASE! I BEG YOU PEOPLE USE SPOILERS TAGS..

I've come on here to see the reaction to the finalé..I've still not seen it, and I'm on episode 10 of this season and plan on watching the rest tonight..

Was it a good finalé? Bad? dissapointing? thrilling?
so far been kind of disappointing the season (i'm on epi 10 again)...so hope it picks up...

but I beg everyone to use spoilers when discussing anything that might ruin it for anyone else.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
That was a great finale, but now I am hugely depressed that the show is over :(

I think the second half of this season was superb, some of the best episodes in the shows history quite easily. Particularly episode 22. The torture scene with the Russian was brilliant aswell. I'm pleased Taylor finally saw sense and reneged (See what I did there, Renee/reneged, deserves some credit) on the Peace Treaty. I dunno how you managed to watch one episode week by week, the show is so much better when you can just watch it over the course of a couple of days. I started Season 8 Saturday night and I'm now finished, fantastic stuff really. Whilst the first half of the season may not have been great by 24's standards, it still shits on most other TV shows at the minute. Lost managerd 6 seasons, Prison Break managed 4, Oz managed 6, very rarely can a show go on for 8 seasons, at 24 episodes each time, and maintain such high standards. 24 managed to do that. Season 6 was probably the worst, but again it was still better than most things, and there were some brilliant episodes in that one too. Curtis' death, the nuclear bomb being detonated, Jack leaving Audrey and berating Heller, Milo being shot, Cheng finally being caught. There's so many brilliant moments in this TV series it'd be impossible to name them all, but I can safely say it is the best TV series I have ever watched.

I dunno what they're going to do for the movie, I'd imagine it will involve Kim and her daughter somehow, but I have no doubts it'll be brilliant. It being a movie there'll be more leeway to do things that aren't possible on the TV series due to obvious reasons. I think it's being set over a single day but not in real time, couldn't be entirely sure though.

My favourite Season is without doubt the fifth, I watched it in a day and a half and I watched from Edgar being killed by the nerve gas right through to the finale in one sitting. That was TV at it's very, very best. Twist after twist, superb acting, brilliant scenes. It really was awesome. But truth be told all the seasons are excellent in they're own way. Season 7 kind of re-invented the show after what was a below-par Season 6. I'd probably rank them 5>1>3>8>2>7>4>6, but as I said they're all brilliant in a way.

I'm almost tempted to rewatch them all again from Season 1. I've rewatched Seasons 1 - 6 about 4 times over now but they're still as brilliant as when I first saw them. Awesome TV, I can't believe it's all over. We'll never see Jack over a 24 hour period again :(

Dammit!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
esmufc10..PLEASE..spoilers..PLEASE! I BEG YOU PEOPLE USE SPOILERS TAGS..

I've come on here to see the reaction to the finalé..I've still not seen it, and I'm on episode 10 of this season and plan on watching the rest tonight..

Was it a good finalé? Bad? dissapointing? thrilling?
so far been kind of disappointing the season (i'm on epi 10 again)...so hope it picks up...

but I beg everyone to use spoilers when discussing anything that might ruin it for anyone else.
Sorry man, will edit it now. Episode 11 onwards it really picks up, the finale was a mixture of emotions, because one part of you just doesn't want it to end because you know that is going to be it. But I thought it was a cracking final 2 episodes, and feck knows I love Chloe O' Brian.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought it was a great end to the series but it kind of felt like they overcompensated to set up the movie, for lack of a better word. The last 5 minutes were a bit strange with two randomers about to kill Jack. The bits with Chloe were nice and I look forward to the movie. It's been a superb series, Season 5 was my favourite of the lot too, but this one definitely picked up after a lackluster first half.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I think it was me who got you into this show Solius, by constantly PM'ing you telling you to watch it. For that, you owe me. I brought 24 into your life.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I returned the favour by showing you Lost, we're even, fecknuts.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It's amazing really how many great characters they killed off, but somehow still managed to keep the show going. I also think they killed most off at the right time. The Palmer one shocked me most, I was like, WTF?! And then Chloe was getting chased by a madman, Dessler and Tony both got car-bombed. It was the best series-opener ever.

Speaking of Dessler, she was well fit. Who was the fittest bird? It'd have to be between her, Kim Renee and Nina. Though I did always have a thing for Karen Hayes. And Kim didn't age well.

F-Red

Epic finish. The second part of season 8 has been some of the best stuff ive seen from the 24 series.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Dessler was fittest for me :drool: or Mandy.

The two deaths that left me most gutted I think were Bill Buchanan's & Edgar's.

vuc

First Team Serb
I hate having to spoiler things.

That finale nearly made me cry, and it takes a lot. It will take a long time for it to sink in that its finally over after watching it since the very first episode on the Beeb.

So long 24, thanks for the memories and Jack Bauer is without question the greatest TV character for me.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Dessler was fittest for me :drool: or Mandy.

The two deaths that left me most gutted I think were Bill Buchanan's & Edgar's.
Edgar's choked me when it cut back to Chloe. Buchanan died a hero. Another great character.

I hate having to spoiler things.

That finale nearly made me cry, and it takes a lot. It will take a long time for it to sink in that its finally over after watching it since the very first episode on the Beeb.

So long 24, thanks for the memories and Jack Bauer is without question the greatest TV character for me.
I feel you homie!

vuc

First Team Serb
I feel like giving you a hug elvis, a strictly 24 appreciation homie hug.

I hope that play sort it out and release the 24 ultimate collection soon.

F-Red

the final scene reminded me somewhat of the truman show, staring into a camera

the only thing i would have liked to have seen is jack at ease, hopefully thats some conclusion that they could reach in the films as it would finish off the story perfectly

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I feel like giving you a hug elvis, a strictly 24 appreciation homie hug.

I hope that play sort it out and release the 24 ultimate collection soon.
I've already got Seasons 1 - 7 and Redemption on DVD, Season 8 is released in October so I'll pick that up then.

If they release an Ultimate Collection though then I will no doubt buy it, but something like that will be released after the movie I imagine.

Bugger, I can't wait for the movie now. 24 on the big screen :drool:

twitter thread suggester
Rumour has it Bauer dies within 5 minutes of the movie followed by 85 minutes of raw Freddie Prinze, Jr action!

vuc

First Team Serb
I've already got Seasons 1 - 7 and Redemption on DVD, Season 8 is released in October so I'll pick that up then.

If they release an Ultimate Collection though then I will no doubt buy it, but something like that will be released after the movie I imagine.

Bugger, I can't wait for the movie now. 24 on the big screen :drool:
Man I have them all except for Redemption on DVD. However, over the years I have lost some of the discs (cnut friends who borrowed them and my own losses) and the boxes got wrecked.

I will definitely buy the ultimate collection and this time not even the Grim Reaper himself will pry it away from me. :)

Yeh, I hope to feck they film in London as I will be there stalking *erm* supporting the cast, maybe even get in as an extra?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
One thing that fecked me off

No Aaron Pierce :( I thought he was supposed to be in the last few episodes

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Man I have them all except for Redemption on DVD. However, over the years I have lost some of the discs (cnut friends who borrowed them and my own losses) and the boxes got wrecked.

I will definitely buy the ultimate collection and this time not even the Grim Reaper himself will pry it away from me. :)

Yeh, I hope to feck they film in London as I will be there stalking *erm* supporting the cast, maybe even get in as an extra?
:lol: I've said the exact same things to friends of mine. If it's in London I'll definitely try and make it down, I need to meet Kiefer Sutherland before he drinks himself to death.

vuc

First Team Serb
:lol: I've said the exact same things to friends of mine. If it's in London I'll definitely try and make it down, I need to meet Kiefer Sutherland before he drinks himself to death.
Yeh definitely, I'm not a big drinker but I would definitely have a couple with him, maybe even give him some Serbian home brew, then again he might take a liking to it and drink himself to death on it so bad idea.