24: Season 8

EZee

this is the last ever series as well isnt it...

they will do a film after but no more series...

and as its a double episode next week that means that 24 is finished in a week... :(

the day after lost finishes forever and 4 days after ashes to ashes finishes for good...

it will be a great few days of tv but its a shame they are all ending at once

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh my god that was fecking brilliant.

If Jack was any more badass in that episode I think the world would have collapsed from his sheer awesomeness. Can't believe he bugged Logan a second time :lol: and that scene in the tunnel was class.

vuc

First Team Serb
GOING. OUT. IN. STYLE.

Quality, feck the last 4 have been some of the best I have seen.

Loved the way they didn't show Jack's assault, though it would have been amazing to see him stick the sword into Novakovich.

vuc

First Team Serb
Few more thoughts.

You would assume that Jack has a way of healing his wounds in that bag he is carrying around?

How do you guys seeing this plan out? We know that they are leading Jack down the self destruct route but I think its fairly obvious that Chloe will save him. He will probably end up disappearing like at the end of S4, or dead.

x42bn6

Few more thoughts.

You would assume that Jack has a way of healing his wounds in that bag he is carrying around?

How do you guys seeing this plan out? We know that they are leading Jack down the self destruct route but I think its fairly obvious that Chloe will save him. He will probably end up disappearing like at the end of S4, or dead.
Disappearing surely is the only way out now, considering he has CTU, the FBI and Russian spies all after him.

I don't think Jack has anything in that bag to heal those wounds - he'll be carrying them until the end as an additional "countdown". Think collapsing in front of Suvarov just as he finds him.

EZee

Disappearing surely is the only way out now, considering he has CTU, the FBI and Russian spies all after him.

I don't think Jack has anything in that bag to heal those wounds - he'll be carrying them until the end as an additional "countdown". Think collapsing in front of Suvarov just as he finds him.
he will get the president arrested and he will get off being a hero... plus make some powerful russian enemies ready for the film

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Surely there's no way back for Jack now. Even if though he's right he's unlawfully killed a shitload of people while basically being a civilian. Only thing I can see is him getting pardoned. I don't think he'd disappear because he needs to get back with Kim and his granddaughter.

vuc

First Team Serb
Surely there's no way back for Jack now. Even if though he's right he's unlawfully killed a shitload of people while basically being a civilian. Only thing I can see is him getting pardoned. I don't think he'd disappear because he needs to get back with Kim and his granddaughter.
I wouldn't like that ending - I would prefer ezee's version if anything.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
IF the movie is set after this season, then i see Jack doing hard-time, Rambo style in a military prison. My bet would be that something comes up that needs his input, from a previous job or something. He gets a get out of jail free card.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
IF the movie is set after this season, then i see Jack doing hard-time, Rambo style in a military prison. My bet would be that something comes up that needs his input, from a previous job or something. He gets a get out of jail free card.
And somehow they'd manage to lump Tony into the plot as well under the same reasoning. I'd find it hard to believe that they'd make a 24 movie without at least Jack, Tony, and Chloe.

golden_blunder

Staff
And somehow they'd manage to lump Tony into the plot as well under the same reasoning. I'd find it hard to believe that they'd make a 24 movie without at least Jack, Tony, and Chloe.
yeah. Maybe he's handcuffed to Tony and they make a break for it. That could be original..

vuc

First Team Serb
Disappointed with the lack of discussion for what is 24's final bow.

Can't wait for the finale but at the same time I will be devastated when its over. I've followed it since the very first episode on BBC2 and it has always been my #1 show.

wr8_utd

:'(
Always was and always will be the best.

Ok maybe not but one of best shows I have ever seen. Can't believe it's ending really :(

vuc

First Team Serb
Neither can I. I thought there was going to be one more and I would have time to prepare for the ending but the announcement that it was over came out the blue. :(

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Disappointed with the lack of discussion for what is 24's final bow.

Can't wait for the finale but at the same time I will be devastated when its over. I've followed it since the very first episode on BBC2 and it has always been my #1 show.
It's the only show that has ever made me wish the weekend was over.

EricaNo7

the first half of the series was so poor that i didn't actually care about another season but these last six or so episodes have been some of the finest in the entire history of the show, which just reminds me what a brilliant concept the show has been

wr8_utd

:'(
the first half of the series was so poor that i didn't actually care about another season but these last six or so episodes have been some of the finest in the entire history of the show, which just reminds me what a brilliant concept the show has been
Tbf it started rapidly improving after the 11th episode and just steadily improved :D

vuc

First Team Serb
Season 5 was epic, and had one the best twists ever in Logan being revealed on the phone like that.

Season 4 was actually amazing for the first 6 episodes I though.

I love them all to be fair, my favourite non Jack character was Ramon Salazar so S3 is up there for me too.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Right, I'm catching up with this before the finale. Upto episode 11 now, decent so far but nothing spectacular. The Donna subplot was probably the worst subplot in the history of the show - hated it from moment one. But I keep hearing it's picks up a hell of alot so I'm looking forward to the next lot of episodes.

Spoony

The People's President
The last one was pretty good. I've missed out loads though, but it's not been too difficult to suss out.

golden_blunder

Staff
This time tomorrow, sadness will ensue again

dammit Chloe. Damn you for making me watch this entertaining shit for the last 7 years

GingerPrince11

taught it was pretty shit, basically no action in the last hour and was more so a lead up to the movie, where Jack in now an international fugitive and the Russians and Americans will be looking for him.

mjs020294

taught it was pretty shit, basically no action in the last hour and was more so a lead up to the movie, where Jack in now an international fugitive and the Russians and Americans will be looking for him.

Agreed :(

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Finale spoiler:

Don't agree with these at all. I thought it was easy to predict what would happen about a half hour before each event happened and I won't dispute that it was a lead up for the movie, but they wrapped up the season's plot well.

Call me simple. Call me a sucker for this sort of thing but I thoroughly enjoyed that. Loved it even. Taylor's fight with Hassan. Jack taking Chloe out. Chloe talking Jack down from the edge. Chloe shooting Jack. Every possible avenue for success closing only to have the President, herself, realize what peace was all about and bring down her own conspiracy. Logan killing Pillar and then trying to take himself out. Finally to end it with Jack thanking Chloe for everything (I couldn't help but think of the moment that Chase had to talk him out of firing her) just absolutely broke me. I'm watching on my laptop in the computer lab and I honestly can't stop bawling my eyes out right now.

I thought it was very well done, especially for a series finale, which tend to be poor. This series has prided itself in its own gratuitous badassery at times, and for it to take itself off the air without a hailstorm of bullets and with a message of peace, honor, and redemption was honestly something I didn't expect. I know it's not quite over because of the movie but I honestly feel like that was a very fitting end to the show.

To each his own and whatnot.