24: Season 8

Skelter

Internet GYPO
I'm not coping too well without 24.

I heard a rumour about a Die Hard/24 film called Die Hard 5: 24/7. John McClane and Jack Bauer :drool: my fanboy fantasy right there.

Although in reality it shouldn't happen as it would most likely be horrible and ruin both franchises.

maldini

I love how, at the beginning of the show, the camera pans over NY city and you see that same shot at the beginning of the final episode. Brilliant from the director. It almost gives you this chilly feeling and makes you wonder: how many disasters have been averted by selfless individuals whose names will never even be remembered?

Then, the end with Bauer staring at the CTU computer screen before it disappears. Pretty much sums his whole life; a man whose dedication to his country was met with no acknowledgment.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I've watched five episodes of 24 on Netflix in the past week or so, and to be honest, I'm struggling to get into it.

Is it worth persevering with/does it improve much as the seasons progress?

vanthaman

Winner
I've been watching through this again, from half way through season 4 till end of season 8 in the past month, had only seen seasons 7 and 8 once before, seen all the others at least 4 times each

reelworld

I miss the feeling of watching 24 for the first time.
I watched season 1-2 in about 2 weeks, started immediately on season 3, but didn't finished that season and can't find the time to continue it. Season 3 was a bit of a meh IMO, and I a reason to stop because I didn't get anything done!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I watched season 1-2 in about 2 weeks, started immediately on season 3, but didn't finished that season and can't find the time to continue it. Season 3 was a bit of a meh IMO, and I a reason to stop because I didn't get anything done!
Season 9 episode just aired last night apparently. Hopefully I'll watch it later, when I talked about that feeling of "first time". It's not that I meant it was one of the best ever shows, it's just that the format made it completely original.

walsh

It's weird seeing it set in London. Same old classic 24 but the amount of double agent/backstabbing/moles is still ridiculous not to mention the blatant blissful ignorance of some of the characters :lol:

Jack's back though :drool:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Why did they turn Chloe into the girl with the dragon tatoo?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It'll be completely unrealistic and mental but I'll love it :D

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Reckon they're paying Sutherland by the word?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've forgotten so much about this show. Took me ages to realise that was Audrey, also I recognise the president.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can't help but see Chloe as Gail the Snail when she looks like that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You'd think after 7 seasons the world would've learned to trust Bauer and just get out of his way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I liked when Chloe tried to stop the data erasing itself by mashing the space bar.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Or when the Sergeant got screamed at to take cover and decided to play 20 questions instead.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Or when Chloe stole a car and knew to drive to exactly where Jack was climbing out of a small hole.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Gail the snail is back.

Also Jack has said pub three times already.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"So you're saying Jack Bauer who has saved many presidents lives and saved the US a shitload of times wants to kill the president?"

Brophs

The One and Only
I only thought 24 was okay the first time around but the last few eps have been some load of shit.